Phantis Forums

Nations League: Moldova - Greece (15 Nov. 2020, Stadionul Zimbru, Chisinau)

Dutch Eagle

Just now, Blackhawk said:

Makes no difference. We would need to beat Slovenia in any scenario. Stupid of us not to try and score more goals though just in case the other game did end in a tie. 

That's fine, we should be able to win at home to Slovenia. Time to prove the ethniki is really back!

• Like it 1

Αυτοί δεν παίζουνε ποδόσφαιρο. Βρίκσονται έξω απο την περιοχή του αντιπάλου και γυρνάνε την μπάλα πίσω στον Βλαχοδήμο. Αν είναι δυνατόν. Τζαβέλλας και Μπουχαλάκης δεν έχουν καμία δουλειά στην εθνική.

Mpakasetas probably promised something to the manager hence the captaincy + full 90 minutes.

He's probably the worst technically player I've seen in a long time, trying to convince people how he is supposed to play as a "10". So freaking sad.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Boxou said:

Mpakasetas probably promised sex to the manager hence the captaincy + full 90 minutes.

He's probably the worst technically player I've seen in a long time, trying to convince people how he is supposed to play as a "10". So freaking sad.

That is absolutely true. He F***ed up literally almost everything in the last 25 minutes. He had a chance, it went wholly wide. Free kick at the end, handball, was dispossessed, it was painful to watch. And he was now even captain! The only negative thing in our asset.

3 minutes ago, Boxou said:

Mpakasetas probably promised sex to the manager hence the captaincy + full 90 minutes.

He is really bad...

1 minute ago, Blackhawk said:

Not going to be easy against Slovenia. All they need is a tie.

Worst player on the NT by far is Bouchalakis.

Can you tell us what have you liked on Mpakasetas the last 30 (?) times you've seen him around? Because i literally remember no difference in his game since 2017 if I'm not mistaken. Being negative 9 out of 10 times he plays.

But the worst thing is that he starts there when we have other options like Fortounis or even Pelkas, Mantalos can play the position better than him.

Bouchalakis on the other hand is the only "8" we have at a high level at this moment, unless he calls up Samaris back who starts getting games with Benfica.

Just now, La Mendel said:

That is absolutely true. He F***ed up literally almost everything in the last 25 minutes. He had a chance, it went wholly wide. Free kick at the end, handball, was dispossessed, it was painful to watch. And he was now even captain! The only negative thing in our asset.

And his corner kick around the 85th minute, it was cleared perhaps by the first defender, or was it the second? Why does he even play?

Zeca, Limnios, Kyriakopoulos, Chatzidiakos, Bouchalakis, Chatzigiovannis and even Mavrias were really good, however. Giakoumakis should have been subbed in a little earlier perhaps?

Nevertheless, it was nice to see the Ethniki playing so fast and well. A good overall production.

Needless to say fortounis is our best and most consistent player. I honestly rate him in the likes of manolas and Sokratis. 

I am glad we have gone back to complaining about how bad the NT played in wins. It’s refreshing considering our performances in the past few years 

• Like it 5

6 minutes ago, Boxou said:

Bouchalakis on the other hand is the only "8" we have at a high level at this moment, unless he calls up Samaris back who starts getting games with Benfica.

Bouchalakis isn’t an 8. He is more of a 6 and so is Samaris. Zeca the same. 

Vasiliadis is an 8. Mantalos can play as an 8 in my opinion. We should’ve played 1 DM and 2AMs in a 4-3-3 like we did against Cyprus.

1 minute ago, Dean97 said:

Vasiliadis is an 8. Mantalos can play as an 8 in my opinion. We should’ve played 1 DM and 2AMs in a 4-3-3 like we did against Cyprus.

No. Zeca and Kourmpelis are not the same type of players with Bouchalakis and Samaris, or Tachtsidis we had in the past.

Just now, PaokCT said:

Welcome back Boxou! I thought you went missing after 2 straight wins. Must hurt to see JVS racking up some victories!

The only one who hurts here is probably you, the manager and everyone else who bashed on Fortounis saying he should stay in the bench.

Unfortunately the team was missing Mantalos to start over him and worry in the end of the game why the team dropped points to Moldova.

• Like it 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Boxou said:

The only one who hurts here is probably you, the manager and everyone else who bashed on Fortounis saying he should stay in the bench.

Unfortunately the team was missing Mantalos to start over him and worry in the end of the game why the team dropped points to Moldova.

Who said Fortounis has to stay on the bench? Find me the quote where I said that... I’ve always says he’s the most talented player on the team and I’ve been supportive of him. I only knocked his effort in the past but these two games he’s shown immense growth in that aspect.

You can go and check here and around the media how many people who are pro Vant Schip claimed he's right on this and he stould stay on the bench for the x/y/z reason. Most used argument is that he doesn't start in this team, even used by the manager himself.

Btw thats a total bullshit considering he played Stafylidis out of position when he was healhly and now starts Mavrias who's a bench warmer in Omonia.

Nt was fairly in control today.  Some nice touches stringing more passes together.  I liked Tsimikas, Fortounis Limnios and a few others.  Overall this wasn't the most difficult test.  Not sure what to expect against Slovenia but 

• Like it 1

13 minutes ago, Dean97 said:

Greece need Galanopoulos back in the fold for the World Cup qualifiers. Bouchalakis was so sloppy in possesion, bad passes and lost the ball without even being pressed. Overall it was a much better effort than vs Kosovo and the team seemed to sit back for the last 30 minutes and take the 2 nil win.

4 minutes ago, Boxou said:

You can go and check here and around the media how many people who are pro Vant Schip claimed he's right on this and he stould stay on the bench for the x/y/z reason. Most used argument is that he doesn't start in this team, even used by the manager himself.

Btw thats a total bullshit considering he played Stafylidis out of position when he was healhly and now starts Mavrias who's a bench warmer in Omonia.

I thank you for thinking my takes are “media” worthy but I do not speak for them. You claimed that I said Fortounis shouldn’t be playing. I never said that. I’ve always said he’s very talented, even for an Olympiakos player.. 

13 minutes ago, Boxou said:

No. Zeca and Kourmpelis are not the same type of players with Bouchalakis and Samaris, or Tachtsidis we had in the past.

There are many different types of 6s these days. Some are workhorses and shield the defence like Kourbelis and Zeca. Some are more known to be a deep lying playmaker like Tachtsidis, Bouchalakis and Samaris.

An 8 should be able to do it all. Defend, vision, pace, skill, stamina intelligence, creativity, shooting, passing, dribbling and tackling. Bouchalakis and Samaris don’t fit in the 8 position. Most 8s in the modern game have pace and skill. Samaris and Bouchalakis aren’t fast and don’t have enough skill.