Phantis Forums

Nations League: Moldova - Greece (15 Nov. 2020, Stadionul Zimbru, Chisinau)

Dutch Eagle

If we play with a relatively similar lineup we should easily win this game 0-3. Let’s hope we don’t try anything crazy.

Also, if Slovenia ties Kosovo and we win , we both are at 11 points. Slovenia’s GD is +6, we are at +3. So we’d need to make that up here.

Edited by PaokCT
  • Like it 1

2 hours ago, Molon Lave said:

Skopjia qualified it's first ever European Championship appearance after beating Georgia 1-0. 
This makes me so mad that Greece isn't in and they are! 

FYROM will participate in Euro 2021???

f***ing Lampropoulos destroyed us with that own goal against Estonia. But for that guy and the idiocy of Anastasiadis who started our B team that game, we would have reached the play off.

• Thanks 3

1 hour ago, La Mendel said:

FYROM will participate in Euro 2021???

f***ing Lampropoulos destroyed us with that own goal against Estonia. But for that guy and the idiocy of Anastasiadis who started our B team that game, we would have reached the play off.

Your right even Scotland qualified? I still can’t get over that result vs Estonia. I was watching the Skops vs Georgia it was a horrible match from both sides especially from Georgia. Now we gotta listen to those idiots falsely calling themselves Macedonia. 

Promotion to league B. 
but as far as a World Cup spot it’s going to be very rare.  Unlike the last nations cup for the Euro they had 4 spots available to 16 teams to do a playoff.  
This World Cup they will only take the best 2 teams in the nations cup who didn’t qualify directly (10 spots) or finish as one of the 10 2nd place teams.  The 2 nations league teams will join the 10 2nd place teams and play in the playoffs. 
So Greece being in Group C is far behind in the pecking order. 
still a possibility but will be very hard. 

• Like it 1

4 hours ago, Torontoblue said:

Promotion to league B. 
but as far as a World Cup spot it’s going to be very rare.  Unlike the last nations cup for the Euro they had 4 spots available to 16 teams to do a playoff.  
This World Cup they will only take the best 2 teams in the nations cup who didn’t qualify directly (10 spots) or finish as one of the 10 2nd place teams.  The 2 nations league teams will join the 10 2nd place teams and play in the playoffs. 
So Greece being in Group C is far behind in the pecking order. 
still a possibility but will be very hard. 

Yes we would get promoted to league B. For World Cup qualifying looks like Greece will have to win out and hope a few other teams drop points. That draw with Kosovo was a major setback.

Rumored Lineup

Vlachodimos

Mavrias   Chatzidiakos   Tzavellas   Tsimikas

Zeca
                 Fortounis        Bakasetas

Limnios                                                Tzolis

Giakoumakis

• Like it 6

26 minutes ago, PaokCT said:

Had a dream we went up 2-0 in the first 3 minutes and then they tied it up by the 15th.... wtf was I smoking

Bro you told me not to "even put that bad juju out there" when i said Moldova tied Russia and then you go and say that... 🤣

Edited by J1078
  • Haha 2

Όπως μετέδωσε ο Σωτήρης Ταμπάκος στον ΣΠΟΡ FM 94,6, ο Ολλανδός τεχνικός επέλεξε τελικά την διάταξη 4-2-3-1.

Στο τέρμα θα είναι ο Βλαχοδήμος, με τους Χατζηδιάκο και Τζαβέλλα δίδυμο στόπερ, τον Μαυρία δεξί και τον Τσιμίκα αριστερό μπακ. Το δίδυμο των κεντρικών χαφ θα συνθέτουν οι Ζέκα και Μπουχαλάκης, με τον Λημνιό δεξιά, τον Φορτούνη αριστερά και τον Μπακασέτα πίσω από τον μοναδικό φορ που θα είναι ο Παυλίδης.

1 hour ago, Ellada2004 said:

Όπως μετέδωσε ο Σωτήρης Ταμπάκος στον ΣΠΟΡ FM 94,6, ο Ολλανδός τεχνικός επέλεξε τελικά την διάταξη 4-2-3-1.

Στο τέρμα θα είναι ο Βλαχοδήμος, με τους Χατζηδιάκο και Τζαβέλλα δίδυμο στόπερ, τον Μαυρία δεξί και τον Τσιμίκα αριστερό μπακ. Το δίδυμο των κεντρικών χαφ θα συνθέτουν οι Ζέκα και Μπουχαλάκης, με τον Λημνιό δεξιά, τον Φορτούνη αριστερά και τον Μπακασέτα πίσω από τον μοναδικό φορ που θα είναι ο Παυλίδης.

Well that's a much more regular lineup. I guess we'll see.

2 minutes ago, PaokCT said:

Tbh, I could care less about who plays and what the lineup is. I want a 2-0 (or more) win.

The idea of caring who starts and plays is rooted in the belief that your desired lineup gives you the best chance to win. This is true in any sport. But yes, as long as we win, that's the important thing.

• Like it 2

MOLDOVA

1 Namasco(GK)

15 Jardan

5 Posmac

4 Armas(Captain)

2 Rabciuk

9 Cebotaru

7 Ionita

21 Rata

10 Cociuc

16 Spataru

11 Damascan

BENCH

12 Calancea(GK)

23 Koselev(GK)

3 Bolohan

6 Epureanu

8 Belousov

13 Caimacov

14 Bogdan

17 Dumbravanu

18 Dros

19 Osipov

20 Turcan

22 Boiciuc

Manager: Engin Firat(TUR)

GREECE

1 Vlachodimos(GK)

22 Tsimikas

3 Tzavellas

17 Hatzidiakos

7 Mavrias

5 Bouchalakis

8 Zeca

10 Fortounis

11 Bakasetas(Captain)

18 Limnios

16 Pavlidis

BENCH

12 Dioudis(GK)

13 Barkas(GK)

2 Lampropoulos

4 Michailidis

6 Masouras

9 Koulouris

14 Pelkas

15 Tzolis

19 Kyriakopoulos

20 Chatzigiovanis

21 Rota

23 Giakoumakis

Manager: John van't Schip(NED)

I don’t understand why he’s starting pavlidis when Giakoumakis and Tziolis who both scored In pretty much there first game.. for a team that has a problem scoring goals JVS try's new players and they score in there first game and then he sits them and sticks with players who haven’t been scoring.. I don’t get the logic.. I hope I’m wrong.