Phantis Forums

Friendly: Greece - Cyprus (11 Nov. 2020, Georgios Kamaras, Athens)

Dutch Eagle

Gotta say credit to Fortounis, he's pressed (won the ball in dangerous positions as a result!) and worked hard defensively. At times he's made some slack errors on the ball but well done to him for putting in effort and improving his problem areas, long may it continue! 

• Like it 2

1 minute ago, Brklyngrk said:

And say whatever you want (friendly, Cyprus hasn't played well, etc..) we have played well.  Passes have been very crisp, ball has been moving around and we have shown bursts of speed.  Tsimakis has also played great!!

Agreed. In a lot of our games we have had possession and high pressing but we finally got some goals from it. Kudos to these boys.

Just now, paokarag4 said:

Gotta say credit to Fortounis, he's pressed (won the ball in dangerous positions as a result!) and worked hard defensively. At times he's made some slack errors on the ball but well done to him for putting in effort and improving his problem areas, long may it continue! 

Maybe he got the message JVS was sending. Work hard or you won’t play. He’s always worked extremely hard with the ball, but lacked off the ball hustle. Now we are seeing what he can do if he combines both

10 minutes ago, Brklyngrk said:

And say whatever you want (friendly, Cyprus hasn't played well, etc..) we have played well.  Passes have been very crisp, ball has been moving around and we have shown bursts of speed.  Tsimakis has also played great!!

Oh, I don't mean to discredit Greece, but as I am also Cypriot and follow the Cypriot NT as well, I'm telling you Cyprus has not been playing well under this manager(even for Cyprus standards).

Also Mavrias seems like a golden player compared to Chatzidiakos. I dont think he is any good but honestly vs Moldovas and Slovenias? He can help because he knows how to put crosses on and help Limnios offensively, as Bakakis does. None of them are good but overlap is important with weaker opposition as it opens spaces.