Phantis Forums

Friendly: Greece - Cyprus (11 Nov. 2020, Georgios Kamaras, Athens)

Dutch Eagle

6 minutes ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

Ti 16:45 re file... Valto ekei kata tis 8 toulaxiston na anoiksoume kamia mpyra to vrady. Karantina exoume imarton.

Palikari mou, tha pio kai ego mia bira me xeri karpi na poume!

• Like it 1

1 hour ago, Ellada2004 said:

It will be interesting to see how JVS approaches this friendly with his starting eleven. Does he give more playing time to the newer faces?

Probably if he has any brain left into his head he'd think about playing the best possible squad so he win the game, take ranking points and assure the shameful pot 3.

but that's too much for a former international player who earns about 600k per year to have dreadful roster selections and put players out of their position.

I think, he's going to try new starters, formations in Cyprus, and rotate the bench. This friendly is nothing more than a practice run, and a opportunity for the coach to try new players. Kyriakopoulos will be missing as he too is waiting for COVID test result. 

Wow, 8 players at AEK have COVID, including 3 starters for the NT, Svarnas, Mantalos and Bakakis. Interesting to see who he starts, where they play and what formation he will go with.

• Like it 1

18 hours ago, Boxou said:

Probably if he has any brain left into his head he'd think about playing the best possible squad so he win the game, take ranking points and assure the shameful pot 3.

but that's too much for a former international player who earns about 600k per year to have dreadful roster selections and put players out of their position.

Yea and he’s more qualified than anyone on these forums to be making these decisions 

• Like it 1

instead of feeling offended for your dutch friend, you can lay down some arguments on why he's qualified for this position. because his so far moves tell me otherwise.

btw quite laughable that you come to defend someone who plays centre backs on the right, benches fortounis because of his lack of playing time but on the other hand calls up omonoia's benchwarmer mavrias and overlooks Kivrakidis/Kotsiras.

or the example of benchwarmer stafylidis who covered the cb position while himself is a left back.

or his decision to keep real wingers on the bench and start mantalos on the wing.

i could keep going all night but i see you are biased and can't see the truth like half aek/paok lobby of epo.

Edited by Tzatziki
easy there
  • Like it 1

Oh you are so easily riled up! I simply state that he is more qualified than us and to let him do his job and you go right into personal attacks. You must be fun to hang out with. Let’s go get a drink together and watch the game! Only on one condition though, you can’t root for Greece to lose. No matter how bad you want them to, do you can say “I told you so”.

In 10 games as Greece manager, he has only lost 2 games. That is the stat that I look at most. I don’t care who he fields as long as we keep producing. 

• Like it 1

39 minutes ago, Boxou said:

Amongst those games we lost to Finland, while drawn against Kosovo and Liechtenstein..

He lost to Finland , away, who will be in the European Championship next summer in his FIRST game in charge with the Ethniki. We went on to beat them later in his tenure. Kosovo is no minnow anymore, they have more players at bigger clubs than we do. Have players in EPL, Bundesliga, League 1, Serie A.. the list goes on. Those aren’t great results but better than what we have been having before he arrived

• Like it 1

I know he'll prob try stuff out tomor, but I hope he gives guys a legit look and doesn't do too many m@l@kies.

I'm honestly more worried about the stupidities we may see the in the NL games. We really do need to win this tomor though! 

Starting XI

---------Barkas
Mavrias---Kourbelis---Michailidis---Tsimikas
-----------Zeca---------Bakasetas
Xatzigiovannis---Fortounis---------Tzolis
----------------Giakoumakis

I'm assuming Kourbelis will fill in at CB based on the players selected, unless it's a different formation one of Bakasetas/Fortounis will be playing a little deeper next to Zeca. 

Chatzigiovannis and Giakoumakis making their debut. 

Glad he is giving Tziolis/Giakoumakis/Xatzi a chance. Good time to experiment.  For all those bashing the coach, say what you want with selections, the team HAS been playing better under him.  I see more passion, ball control and overall competitiveness.  Just before he arrived, we saw players not hustle and generally play poor. Do you guys not remember the game against Italy were we couldn't get out of our own half? We may have had "better" players but we were not a team.

• Like it 2
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Brklyngrk said:

Glad he is giving Tziolis/Giakoumakis/Xatzi a chance. Good time to experiment.  For all those bashing the coach, say what you want with selections, the team HAS been playing better under him.  I see more passion, ball control and overall competitiveness.  Just before he arrived, we saw players not hustle and generally play poor. Do you guys not remember the game against Italy were we couldn't get out of our own half? We may have had "better" players but we were not a team.

Thank you!

• Like it 1

GREECE

13 Barkas(GK)

16 Mavrias

21 Kourbelis

4 Michailidis

22 Tsimikas

8 Zeca

10 Fortounis

11 Bakasetas(Captain)

20 Hatzigiovanis