Phantis Forums

Nations League: Greece-Kosovo (14 Oct. 2020, Olympic Stadium, Athens)

Omonoia9

1 minute ago, Brklyngrk said:

Masouras was injured, Donis barely plays for his team. Chatzigiovannis and Lambrou are not there yet. 

Don't speak any sense re!! It ruins the narrative our buddy is trying to push! We don't want facts!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by paokarag4

Again, not sure why the negativity.  When we were playing the likes of Latvia and Luxembourg under Santos, we never played this well.  At least we are organized, playing some nice balls through, and pressing the whole time!!! The team as a whole is playing better.  

• Like it 2

If we can’t come first in a group with Slovenia, Kosovo, Moldova then we have no chance of qualifying for the World Cup where we will face much better opponents in the qualifiers..

In saying that I’m not going to be negative like a little bitch because even the previous Greek teams with the “stud defenders” were drawing against weaker opponents as well. At least we see flashes of the teams being able to make good plays we just lack a finisher as we always have.. Mitro was the only finisher we had but was a useless player in every other aspect of the game..

I still think this team will win there next two games and top the group.. Some guys on here are just to f***ing much, They wait for the game to be over and they come out with the I told you so attitude like give it a f***ing rest.. The team has potential and is rebuilding and you need to take away the positives of the match and for the most part other then a few minutes of a mental breakdown we controlled the entire game..

• Like it 3

Most of these players are of an extremely poor standard.

Bakasetas, Mantalos and Hatzidiakos were all awful. The quickes I saw the latter move was when he was subbed. A Fortounis who doesn't start for his club is still a much better choice than both Bakasetas and Mantalos who perhaps play every week.

I have no idea what Tzavellas and Bouchalakis are doing in this team. They are both part of the clique of players who try and run things in the changing rooms. If I were van't Schip I would not call them up again. Aside from that, they aren't good players. The same goes for Pavlidis who couldn't score in a brothel. We don't seem to have a solid striker, however Fountas seems to be much more dangerous.

I also have no idea why my fellow PAOK fans insist that Giannoulis is better than Tsimikas. Our guy plays one good game then three bad ones while making some shocking mistakes. No wonder we never received a serious bid for him in the end.

I think the manager needs to be very careful moving forward. It looked to me as if some of those players didn't really care. That was the first game I watched in a while and I think it will also be a while until I watch the next one.

10 minutes ago, Brklyngrk said:

Again, not sure why the negativity.  When we were playing the likes of Latvia and Luxembourg under Santos, we never played this well.  At least we are organized, playing some nice balls through, and pressing the whole time!!! The team as a whole is playing better.  

I think I must have watched a different game. I saw a team that lacked any creativity, at times struggled to control the ball and couldn't finish for $h!t.

31 minutes ago, PaokCT said:

Dude, Fetfazidis would have scored 3 goals this game!

When these guys get to the national team, the forwards forget what they usually do week in week out and have difficulty scoring goals.

As for Sok and Manola making the difference, thats what I said against Leinchestein and Faroes as well.

Edited by ausgreek
  • Like it 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, J1078 said:

I still think this team will win there next two games and top the group.. Some guys on here are just to f***ing much, They wait for the game to be over and they come out with the I told you so attitude like give it a f***ing rest.. The team has potential and is rebuilding and you need to take away the positives of the match and for the most part other then a few minutes of a mental breakdown we controlled the entire game..

You're probably right in that it's frustrating to see people only comment when things don't go our way. On the other hand there isn't much to take away from drawing against Kosovo. It means that you just aren't good enough. Actually if there is something to take away, it's for van't Schip to reconsider some of his choices. Bakasetas, Bouchalakis and Pavlidis for example.

• Like it 1

1 minute ago, Athens4 said:

I think I must have watched a different game. I saw a team that lacked any creativity, at times struggled to control the ball and couldn't finish for $h!t.

I agree with the couldn't finish for $hit part.  But, the 1st half there was one way traffic. They didn't even have an attempt on goal.  The second half they had one or two chances but we hustled, just couldn't get the last touch.

Just now, Athens4 said:

You're probably right in that it's frustrating to see people only comment when things don't go our way. On the other hand there isn't much to take away from drawing against Kosovo. It means that you just aren't good enough. Actually if there is something to take away, it's for van't Schip to reconsider some of his choices. Bakasetas, Bouchalakis and Pavlidis for example.

Bakesetas deserves a place on the team, shouldn't start.  Bouchalakis I agree with.  Pavlidis couldn't score but could hold the ball up.  A few changes and I think we would do really well..

• Like it 1

Pavlidis actually showed me why he got selected today, and I could see him succeeding. He plays a a good false 9, where he keeps his back against the goal, receives the ball (with a good touch) and lays it off to the wingers. I’m not sure if this is the coaches intention but I think it could work if he puts an actual left wing in there. Limnios and Pavlidis has a good thing going in the first half.

bakasetas penalties (in both games) were horrible.. wayyyy too close to the keeper. You can’t play it too safe with the penalties. However, we should have won this game regardless of the penalty. 

happy to see vlacho in goal. Considering our defensive selections we’ve been enjoying several clean sheets. While playing a more attacking football than we have in the past

bouchalakis was more effective in the sidelines... he Was just doing everything but the right thing..

Not a great game, but I’m hopeful we can beat Slovania

Edited by Bardouuu
  • Like it 1

2 hours ago, paokarag4 said:

Embarrassed? Did you miss our run post world cup 14 to 2016? That was embarrassing not tonight. 

Ase mas file, you're just a straight up troll

You can go out and vote for golden dawn, you and every other fascist s%$#! over here who doesn't want to here a different opinion.

Fcking trashes.

Can’t believe how poor our final pass was today, also so many chances to shot at goal yet our players cut it back to Kosovo defenders 😫

This result is on JVS, same line up that couldn’t break down Moldova... play players on their natural position!

Cant see us beating a defensive Slovenia with these selections 

Edited by Alphonse

3 hours ago, J1078 said:

If we can’t come first in a group with Slovenia, Kosovo, Moldova then we have no chance of qualifying for the World Cup where we will face much better opponents in the qualifiers..

In saying that I’m not going to be negative like a little bitch because even the previous Greek teams with the “stud defenders” were drawing against weaker opponents as well. At least we see flashes of the teams being able to make good plays we just lack a finisher as we always have.. Mitro was the only finisher we had but was a useless player in every other aspect of the game..

We definitely have to come in first in this group there is no France, Spain or other powerhouse nation in this group. Also from a confidence standpoint Greece need to have 1st going into World Cup qualifiers.
That said there are 2 games left and Greece should beat Moldova and then it comes down to beating Slovenia at home. 
I am just annoyed that we couldn’t find a single goal today it’s reminiscent of the games vs Estonia and Faroes. The first half the team played fluid football and we should have been up 2 goals by half. Bakasetas has been better of late but he can’t finish even misses a pk that changed the complexion of the match, maybe he’s a tad unlucky with the NT who knows but JVS should not start him going forward. Pavlidis is working hard and has technical ability but he can’t finish some simple goals in the 6 yard box maybe the nerves are getting to him? I say let Fountas start and see if he can be the guy to finish off the chances. 
The commentator mentioned under JVS that we are playing better and are tough to beat since he has been in charge. I just hope he makes some changes that will make the NT much better no more Tzavellas, Bouchalakis please. Fortounis should have started if he’s on the pitch and takes the pk it’s a goal. Also maybe JVS has a talk with Manolas and sees if he will buy into his way of how he wants the NT to play, function etc. and maybe he comes back and it makes us much better in the back. Also we are missing Tsimikas and if Donis is in form there is another key piece. There is time to fix some of the issues and let’s all hope we have the best starting 11 and bench players come March because we have to make the World Cup anything else is unacceptable.

• Like it 2

3 hours ago, J1078 said:

J1078 right on with the so called “fans”that come on here after the games and seem to be happy that Ethniki didn’t win or get a result. Like I said before they might be long suffering fans of say a Canada or El Salvador for example and have never seen footballing success like Greece who have won a major  🏆  and have qualified for 3 World Cups while they’re used to seeing there countries qualification hopes are usually caput after the first cycle of qualifying. Anyways screw them 😆 

• Like it 1

5 minutes ago, Ellada2004 said:

J1078 right on with the so called “fans”that come on here after the games and seem to be happy that Ethniki didn’t win or get a result. Like I said before they might be long suffering fans of say a Canada or El Salvador for example and have never seen footballing success like Greece who have won a major  🏆  and have qualified for 3 World Cups while they’re used to seeing there countries qualification hopes are usually caput after the first cycle of qualifying. Anyways screw them 😆 

While I do agree with what you say, I think Canada would be a good example of that you’re right. But you’re forgetting they actually won the 2000 gold cup. And beat USA Mexico and Colombia to do it. Great teams? No. But good teams. That can’t be overlooked. 

on another note , how many coaches has this team had in the past 5 years? Surely they can’t all be at fault. At what point do we start thinking that maybe this team isn’t good enough. Maybe they need time. But I don’t see anyone knocking down the doors for their players. Which says a lot. 

12 minutes ago, Jimmyp said:

While I do agree with what you say, I think Canada would be a good example of that you’re right. But you’re forgetting they actually won the 2000 gold cup. And beat USA Mexico and Colombia to do it. Great teams? No. But good teams. That can’t be overlooked. 

on another note , how many coaches has this team had in the past 5 years? Surely they can’t all be at fault. At what point do we start thinking that maybe this team isn’t good enough. Maybe they need time. But I don’t see anyone knocking down the doors for their players. Which says a lot. 

Skibbe was an ok coach (although he messed up firstly with Holebas and later in nations league) and managed a very poor team in terms of talent. Almost had them in the world cup but had to overcome Belgium and Croatia, eventual runners up and 3rd placed team of the tournament.

Van Clown is getting paid to sub on a CB instead of another CB when the team needs to score. What's also retarded is that the so called CB was eventually supposed to cover the RB position...

• Like it 1

1 hour ago, Boxou said:

You can go out and vote for golden dawn, you and every other fascist s%$#! over here who doesn't want to here a different opinion.

Fcking trashes.

Lmao so mad ... have a snickers. You get cranky when you’re mad.

Edited by PaokCT
  • Like it 1
  • Haha 3

Just my thoughts.

Now we will probably need to beat Slovenia at home to top the Group. If we fail to top thIs Group, it will be another flop.

We struggled to get our FBs behind them. Limited our attacking.

JVS should have brought on Fetfa, I mean Rota, and not Lambroloulos and gone to a 3 5 2.

Bouchalakis strengths are his passing game and shooting. When that goes, better to stay on the bench.

We lack pace in the midfield.

We need more orthodox RB or change to 3 5 2. Hatzidiakos is better as CB, not RB. In the 4 2 3 1 formation either he stays as CB and partners one of Svarnas and Tzavelas or he goes to the sub bench. Although, I’ll say that he did save a certain goal with his goal line clearance in the 2nd half.

Kosovo were the better side in the 2nd half. That was not the plan.

2 hours ago, Boxou said:

Fcking trashes.

Lmao what? I think your response here kind of proves you talk non-sense and can't really back up anything you say much of it is baseless. 

You have a clear hate for JVS which is fine you don't have to rate him as a coach. FWIW I don't think he's a mastermind but I do think he's brought the ethinki into the 21st century with our style of play. It's not perfect and he does things I don't agree with (I agree with you Lambropoulos coming on was ridiculous as was the Bouchalakis sub) 

My issue is you were no were to be seen in the 1st half when we were playing quite well, the 2nd half starts and Kosovo have 2 chances and look who's back again!! It's obvious troll behaviour and call me what you want but we are discussing football no need to get so angry. 

Edited by paokarag4
  • Haha 5

16 minutes ago, jason said:

Slovenia pounded Moldova..makes us look bad and that puts some perspective into our bad play..

Well Slovenia took there chances and scored on 2 penalties. When they come to Greece it will be a closely contested match as was the first meeting. Slovenia have not conceded a goal yet with Jan Oblak in goal probably there best player. I think Greece will come out and attack as they did today vs Kosovo. Hopefully they can get a goal past Oblak.