Phantis Forums

SL1-R5: AEK - PAOK (18-Oct-20, 20:30 EEST)

Blackhawk

A terrible result against a poor side. They had one chance the whole game and they scored from it.

I am very concerned about Wague and I have no idea how he is a Barcelona player.

That cross was the best thing Biseswar has done since Ajax last season. I have said it before and I'll say it again, he is a liability. We had a throw in with Swiderski all alone down the line but he took so long and decided to throw it into the middle to Schwab who lost it (thank God AEK were also not good enough to capitalise on our mistakes). He is flat footed and if he doesn't get the ball to feet then your money better be on the defender.

Swiderski was unlucky at the end but he needed a better ball from Colak.

I will very happy with second place this season.

So....throwing more offensive players helped us offensively? Like no duh?

Very easy to look back at the course of the game and realize that it ended up with this kind of stagnation. In the middle of it, it definitely didn't feel like we didn't need the defensive help...

The “warm” sky of Athens… but OAKA is empty. Until when?

Carrera's AEK, from the usual 4-3-3 (which he has used since Spartak days) for a reformulated 3-4-3 / 5-2-3. Mirrored in Abel's PAOK.

Good pace but no ideas. PAOK with more ball but insisting on long ones. Waste of time. No depth. AEK more on hold and exploring the spaces.

Giannoulis non-stop runs and criterion with Tzolis. They will be the next ones to leave (Pelkas scored in his debut for Fenerbahce).

Abel taking a long time to change. Finishing  in a 4-1-3-2 / 4-2-4, more chaotic, more "anomalous" in attack, but the approach helped and 1-1. Has he captured the signal?

Last season, Abel pulled out “smart guy” in an unsupported make-up ambition. He exacerbated mistakes and paid deardly, conceding too many goals.

He adjusted to a 3-4-3 / 5-2-3 where he avoids playing from behind, hits the front, flying balls over the midfield, to protect losses and counters and go to the 2nd ball. But now team suffers more when trying to invade small spaces and low block defenses. 

Transfers...some arrive, some left, (low) individual quality but at Greek dimension.

This season, beyond SuperLeague, there is also Europe. 

At the crossroad...... he need to quickly consolidate without complicating the things. Flexibility without too much variability, with the shield of perceiving the best chemistries.

Many doubts on his evolution as a coach. 

Edited by bluevertigo