Phantis Forums

Nations League: Greece - Moldova (11 Oct. 2020, Olympic Stadium, Athens)

Omonoia9

1 minute ago, Molon Lave said:

True, but their league is still miles better than the Greek league and he will make more money too. 

Yea the money factor is the main reason it was a smart move for him! But I think the top of the two leagues are similar in terms of teams but obviously not finances 

Good result. Amazing offensively but truth be told. Half of our chances were created vs 9 men and after Fortounis and Fountas joined. Those guys are too mobile to be left on the bench. I know Moldova is a coffeeshop but truth be told Kossovar defence is a similar coffeeshop as well.

Hatzidiakos is terrible as a RB. Couldn't help the build up at all. Rota made the Right flank a lot more promising even tho he fcked up with  the penalty.

I'd like to see Fountas and Fortounis start at the next match. 

• Like it 1

7 minutes ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

Good result. Amazing offensively but truth be told. Half of our chances were created vs 9 men and after Fortounis and Fountas joined. Those guys are too mobile to be left on the bench. I know Moldova is a coffeeshop but truth be told Kossovar defence is a similar coffeeshop as well.

Hatzidiakos is terrible as a RB. Couldn't help the build up at all. Rota made the Right flank a lot more promising even tho he fcked up with  the penalty.

I'd like to see Fountas and Fortounis start at the next match. 

Fortounis and Fountas have to start next match. Fortounis comes in and he creates so much going forward and hit the woodwork a couple times. Fountas has the touch and pace that the NT need upfront. 

1 hour ago, Bardouuu said:

Vlachodimos needs to be our GK

What about that creative flair by the managerial team. A 2-0 result is as good as any in the last six years, finishing on top of the group of death, best manager since Otto.

Highlight was bringing on the two F's in the second half, brilliant tactical nouse!

Goals by Baka and Manta, what players, hard to start either of the two F's looking at which players scored the goals today.

Great to be ethnic today!

Managers virtually did it all from the sideline.

Edited by ausgreek
  • Like it 1

I hope JVS realizes a few things after tonight game;

Before we got the penalty we were not creating anything we were making passes with no guys moving and through 40 minutes I don’t think we had a shot on goal, Not sure what the result would have been if Moldova didn’t lose a player. When Fortounis and Fountas came on then you started seeing the team play good ball as they created a lot of chances once the changes were made.

Mantolas even tho he scored should not play on the wing, other then that goal he was not effective. Vlacho needs to be our regular starter enough with Barkas. Fortounis needs to start, when he’s on his game he is a very effective player, and Fountas needs to start on the wing alongside Liminos.. 

This has come down to a two man race between us and Slovenia and if we don’t get three points against kosovo we are in jeopardy of not finishing first as you have to assume Slovenia will beat Moldova on Wednesday.

• Like it 2