Phantis Forums

Friendly: Austria - Greece (7 Oct. 2020, Wörthersee Stadion, Klagenfurt)

Dutch Eagle

Austria is slightly outside the European top 10 National Teams rosterwise, at least in my opinion.

Outside the top nations like France, England, Germany , Portugal , Spain , Belgium, Italy who are the top of the top, teams like Croatia, Poland , Denmark, Sweden are equally decent to the likes of Austria. This will be a really good indicator of what the team can do against better opposition but I would like to see more entries with the likes of Vasiliadis Baldock Donis (last one has not played a gme under JVS that's why I call him a "new entry").

• Like it 1

No Pelkas or Bakakis for this match, Pelkas is in Turkey finalising his transfer to Fenerbache and Bakakis is carrying a slight injury. Both are expected to be available for the Nations League matches. 

On the other hand Masouras is out all together with an injury, he won't be replaced as JVS has already called up a large squad. 

I dont understand why Lazaros Lamprou has not been called yet. (Just checked his birthday - guy is ineligible for the U-21 squad. 

No Chatzigiovanis, no Vasiliadis. What exactly are we testing? RB position Rota and the same midfield and the same attack?

We ve had like 10 CBs playing for us under JVS seriously losing my temper with this guy. Kossovo will come and win us in Greece. This is my prediction. Moldova is nowhere to be found in the football map but Kossovo is comming with a completely different squad and a lot of their players (as they re probably very cheap) will have confidence as they got decent signings. Muriqi the striker that was missing on September is back and I can't see them not scoring in Greece. Their defenders are meh anyways so we will probably score again as well. 

I hope we have 3 good matches this week.

I really hope JVS uses his best possible line up against Austria as this game will show us if we are just producing good results against week teams or if we really have progressed and are heading in the right direction.

• Like it 1

Ενδεκάδα με πολλές αλλαγές από τον Φαντ Σιπ στο φιλικό (21:30) της Ελλάδας με την Αυστρίας.

Ντεμπούτο για τον Διούδη, επιστροφή για τον Τζαβέλλα, ενώ φανέλα βασικού παίρνουν επίσης Κυριακόπουλος, Λαμπρόπουλος, Μπουχαλάκης, Φορτούνης και Φούντας.

Η ενδεκάδα (4-2-3-1): Διούδης, Τζαβέλλας, Σβάρνας, Κυριακόπουλος, Λαμπρόπουλος, Κουρμπέλης, Μπουχαλάκης, Μανταλος, Λημνιός, Φορτούνης και Φούντας.

This is a shitty game. Useless. In the Netherlands it is the same. There are two important games coming. This one isn’t, and as there are only 6 subs allowed 5 players have to play 90 minutes. Therefore in order not to burn the real important players freaking Ryan Babel is playing the full game for Oranje. I think Tzavellas has the same position. 

• Like it 1
  • Thanks 1

AUSTRIA

12 Pervan(GK)

2 Friedl

3 Dragovic

4 Hinteregger

16 Trimmel

14 Baumgartlinger

6 Ilsanker

17 Holzhauser

18 Schopf

20 Onisiwo

7 Grbic

BENCH

1 Lindner(GK)

13 Siebenhandl(GK)

5 Posch

8 Ranftl

9 Kalajdzic

10 Grillitsch

11 Gregoritsch

15 Ullmann

19 Baumgartner

21 Lainer

22 Monschein

23 Schaub

Manager: Franco Foda(GER)

GREECE

12 Dioudis(GK)

3 Tzavellas

19 Svarnas

6 Kyriakopoulos

2 Lampropoulos

20 Mantalos

5 Bouchalakis

21 Kourbelis

10 Fortounis

14 Fountas

18 Limnios

BENCH

1 Vlachodimos(GK)

13 Barkas(GK)

4 Michailidis

7 Tzolis

8 Zeca

9 Koulouris

11 Bakasetas

15 Rota

16 Pavlidis

17 Hatzidiakos

22 Lykogiannis

Manager: John van't Schip(NED)

Just now, AEK RE GAMOTO said:

Thanks bud but I'm in Canada so I have no access to ESPN3

That's how I feel when I click a TSN link and get told it's only available in Canada! 

• Like it 1

• Lazarus changed the title to Friendly: Austria - Greece (7 Oct. 2020, Wörthersee Stadion, Klagenfurt)
  • Dutch Eagle locked this topic