Phantis Forums

Team Injury Report

Blackhawk

Yet another positive COVID case on the team. Everything points to Konstantelias, unless it's one of the injured players (Mitrita, Sidcley). The player will miss the Copenhagen and Panathinaikos games.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Various posts on social media note that the following players have not been spotted in team practice pictures:

Paschalakis, Swiderski, Ingason, Mitrita, Akpom, Jaba, and Crespo.

Take your pick on which 4 tested positive for Covid.

Three of the 4 COVID cases came back negative in today's testing. However five new COVID infections were announced. This means we have 6 COVID infections currently among players. For the game against AEK on Sunday to be postponed we need 7 total infections in Friday's tests.

• 2 months later...

Real shame for the kid, hopefully he has a speedy recovery and we can see him early enough next season.

That leaves us with 3 center backs for the rest of the season, I'm guessing they won't be recalling Varela so probably someone from the 'B' team or from the under 20's to be our 4th choice. 

I would say more like 8 to 9 months. Six months is just to return to practices. It will take couple months to get back to some kind of playing shape. Look at Oliveira, eight months later and he has not played a game yet and we are talking about a similar injury.

The thing that worries me with these injuries is not so much the time which is bad in itself, it's the question of will the player ever fully recover.  Some do, but some don't and they're never the same.

That is true, but I honestly think it's becoming less and less of an issue as time goes on. Medicine progresses fast, and I struggle to remember the last time we had a guy tear a meniscus who didn't look fine coming back. Maybe Mistakidis? But I kind of feel the team just moved forward without him, and by the time he was back there was no room for him.

I hope you’re right regarding modern medicine.  He might get away with it to an extent being a CB.  With a forward losing just a fraction of your acceleration it can make all the difference.  Anyway I hope he recovers.  I like the idea of having some players from our youth that aren’t just there to make up the numbers.

Lyratzis, Michailidis, Tsingaras.  I dream of Giannoulis and Tzolis coming back even though I know that’s silly.  Having said that they are getting zero game time recently at Norwich.

Lyratzis … what has his yiayia been feeding him ?  I always figured him as 3rd choice RB and he was just there to make up the numbers.  In a year or two he’d be loaned out and then off to obscurity.  And now all of a sudden the kid is locking down RB and making it his own.  Good to see and hopefully it’s not just a momentary bit of form.

4 hours ago, Bananas said:

I dream of Giannoulis and Tzolis coming back even though I know that’s silly.  Having said that they are getting zero game time recently at Norwich.

Tzolis has been getting playing time with the Norwich U23 team, which kind of proves that he was not ready for the big time. At least in England they have patience and will help him develop into a better player. Since Norwich will be relegated, I think he will get more playing time in the lower division.

• 4 months later...

El Kaddouri and Oliveira are back taking part in full practices. I think both will get some playing time in the Volos friendly.

Also, Michailidis has started limited practice sessions, but he is still long way before rejoining the team.