Phantis Forums

Team Injury Report

Blackhawk

1 minute ago, Bananas said:

Terrible news concerning Oliveira.  To be fair I didn't want us to sign him in the first place but he's actually looked pretty decent and kind of won me over.  Our one major signing intended to be in the first 11 and he's injured for at least 6 months.  That's just great.

Edited by Bananas

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Assuming he ever gets healthy, team might look real different in the back half of the season (since Jaba is returning as well). Perhaps Oliveira will even make an appearance in the last game or two.

Sidcley got injured in practice today and his status for Sunday's game is uncertain.

In the end two U21 PAOK players came down with COVID, and are now in quarantine. The players in question are Tsiggaras and Tsaousis (B team). The other three (Koutsias, Michailidis, Lyratzis) are under a close watch by the medial staff.  We will have issues if Michailidis is not available.

2 hours ago, Athens4 said:

To be honest we will have issues if he is available as well.

Maybe, but can you imagine starting the game with Varela, Mihaj as CB duo, and with Varela just back from injury?

14 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

Maybe, but can you imagine starting the game with Varela, Mihaj as CB duo, and with Varela just back from injury?

It's a fair point. Speaking of Varela, am I right to be expecting his departure from us at the end of the season?

You can expect that all you want but I doubt it will happen if Lucescu is still around. Same goes for Biseswar.

Michailidis practiced with the team after passing two COVID tests, so I expect a Mihaj/Varela - Michailidis CB duo on Sunday.

Particularly if Varela's game improves as the season progresses. I bet you it will.

Biseswar has been very good but clearly can't play every game anymore. Wouldn't be surprised if they offer him another year at a slightly reduced salary, letting him get Vukic-like playing time. Kagawa clearly won't be renewed, so the bigger question to me is: will the team move for a new AM this winter, or wait until the summer?

23 hours ago, pash said:

Particularly if Varela's game improves as the season progresses. I bet you it will.

Biseswar has been very good but clearly can't play every game anymore. Wouldn't be surprised if they offer him another year at a slightly reduced salary, letting him get Vukic-like playing time. Kagawa clearly won't be renewed, so the bigger question to me is: will the team move for a new AM this winter, or wait until the summer?

They all miraculously start to play better as their contracts come up for renewal.

23 hours ago, pash said:

so the bigger question to me is: will the team move for a new AM this winter, or wait until the summer?

There is already rumor that we are after some midfielder from Surinam who is Biseswar's teammate on the national team.

• 2 weeks later...