Phantis Forums

Team Injury Report

Blackhawk

That's bad news. Varela has been poor when he played lately. Michailidis was even worse and most likely not on the best terms with Garcia and the front office. While we might be ok without Ingason against Lamia, we will have issues when we play Tripoli and Aris.

So Tzolis's x-rays apparently show that there was no break or fracture on his ankle (which is not surprising considering he walked off the field). MRI scheduled for today. Hopefully he'll be back soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Mihaj still training individually (which is what you'd expect considering the seriousness of his injury), but he seems to be running. I have high hopes for this guy, and wouldn't be surprised if we ditch one or two of our current CBs in the summer (particularly if Blackhawk's theory on Michailidis being on the outs is correct).

• 4 weeks later...

No, he signed for 1.5 years. The problem is Kagawa (and Berbatov) were signed for promotional reasons. Not for performance reasons. The coaches in both cases were unable to utilize players with such star power. In Berbatov's case there was an outright hatred by the coach towards the player. In Kagawa's case I think it's Garcia's coaching inexperience. 

That's bad news. We will be left with a thin selection of CB's, including Varela who hardly played this season and slightly injured Ingason. On a good note Mihaj today took part in full practice, but will need couple weeks to be game ready. At least he will be available as a backup.

In other news A. Zivkovic came down with high fever today. Two COVID test were negative which is good new, but I don't see him playing Sunday.

Yeah I highly doubt we'll see Mihaj play this season, unless the coach decides to make a sub in garbage time in the last match. Wouldn't be surprised to see Vieirinha keep taking that third spot (assuming Garcia keeps using that formation).

• 2 weeks later...

Crespo and Kagawa are taking part in team's practices. They'll probably get some playing time in the last two games.

Ingason is fit to play, but probably will be rested until the cup final

• 3 months later...

Terrible news concerning Oliveira.  To be fair I didn't want us to sign him in the first place but he's actually looked pretty decent and kind won me over - at least I don't think he's totally crap and is kind of an intelligent footballer.  Our one major signing intended to be in the first 11 and he's injured for at least 6 months.  That's just great.