Phantis Forums

Nations League: Kosovo - Greece (6 Sep. 2020, Stadiumi Fadil Vokkri, Pristina)

Omonoia9

8 minutes ago, J1078 said:

Just take it man we haven't been playing lights out the last 5 years to say its laughable is not the right mentality we are a rebuilding team with a new coach and our now unbeaten in our last 5 games.  When we were winning years ago we would barely beat these type of teams 1-0. Kosovo has tied Denmark, beat the Czech, tied Finland and scored 3 goals on England in a loss. We are headed in the right direction and we need to keep building. 

JVS has the team going in the right direction. Thank God EPO didn’t go for someone else. He has the team playing with a certain swagger we haven’t seen since the 2014 World Cup Team. If we can just get the striker position figured out than we will be a very dangerous side. Koulouris is not NT material and today he had another sub par match.

• Like it 1

45 minutes ago, PaokCT said:

Plus they are almost unbeatable at home. I love people saying Kosovo is bad, their striker just went to lazio for over $20 mil. According to transfermarkt, our national team value is $70 mil and theirs is 69

That’s all these teams are worth? Wow. Alphonso Davies is worth that much alone. Lol

2 hours ago, AEK RE GAMOTO said:

Does anyone know what Siovas said after the game? I've seen a lot of people on facebook pissed at him for something he said after the game but I cant find it anywhere....

Reading the headline, it seems like he's trying to get his parea in Sokratis and Manolas (I think they are Koubari) back into the team. Reading the whole thing it seems innocent enough and not a lot of malice behind it. At least that's what I took from it: 

"Δεν θέλω να αναφερθώ σε ονόματα, ξέρουμε ποιοι είναι οι καλύτεροι. Κι αυτοί άργησαν να ξεκινήσουν προετοιμασία, μην νομίζετε ότι δεν είναι εδώ γιατί δεν τους θέλει ο προπονητής. Να έρθουν να βοηθήσουν τα νέα παιδιά κι εγώ αυτό κάνω, παίζω δεν παίζω. Κι εγώ όταν ήρθα στην Εθνική πιτσιρικάς το 2014 στην Βραζιλία, με είχαν αγκαλιάσει οι έμπειροι. Αυτό κάνω κι εγώ τώρα. Οι άλλοι έμπειροι παίκτες θα δώσουν και μεγαλύτερη ώθηση στην ομάδα. Ξέρουν τι πρέπει να κάνουν, η Ομοσπονδία ξέρει. Ο Μανωλάς είναι ο καλύτερος Έλληνας ποδοσφαιριστής, ξέρει τι πρέπει να κάνει. Ο Σβάρνας έπαιξε καλά, κι εγώ με τον Σβάρνα δεν είχαμε και την καλύτερη χημεία. Όταν έχεις έναν καλό παίκτη είναι καλύτερο. Και ο Σβάρνας που έχει μέλλον αν έχει δίπλα του τον Μανωλά θα είναι καλύτερα για τον ίδιο".

• Like it 1

Well I guess if Siovas is dropped from the NT we'll know why, ha ha.  Doesn't sound like the brightest spark - he could've worded it better.  Siovas to Svarnas "You're not that good bro".  But I guess Svarnas will probably decipher what he was trying to say, I don't think Siovas meant to be nasty.

I’m happy we won but I don’t think we should be 100% satisfied. We looked great in some moments and then garbage the next. Kourbelis was our worst player. Most of his passes were to the opposition. Zeca provided no presence just running. Bakakis should be playing in the 2nd division and Bakasetas isn’t technical enough for a role that needs skill and technique. 

Somehow Van’t Schip has a created a team with average to garbage players. Only Limnios and Giannoulis to me looked good. PAOK must be doing something right as they are the only ones that can make things happen. Fortounis did something good for like 20 seconds of the game and then did nothing. I might be acting a bit harsh but I want to see the best for this team. There were many times where I got frustrated. Like in the past. I think that’s just the reality with this team. We are never going to see a 9/10 performance. Only a 7 or 8. 

Against teams like Brazil, Argentina, Belgium etc we are not going to get our way. Especially if we don’t finish our chances. Which is the biggest problem for this team and always has been. I think we should really think about putting Mantalos CM. He works hard, is fast and technically very good. Can play quick passes too. I think we need to utilise him better. We’ve played him on the wing and striker so far. We haven’t played him CAM or CM where he should be. 

We also need better than Bakakis. 

3 hours ago, paokarag4 said:

Reading the headline, it seems like he's trying to get his parea in Sokratis and Manolas (I think they are Koubari) back into the team. Reading the whole thing it seems innocent enough and not a lot of malice behind it. At least that's what I took from it: 

"Δεν θέλω να αναφερθώ σε ονόματα, ξέρουμε ποιοι είναι οι καλύτεροι. Κι αυτοί άργησαν να ξεκινήσουν προετοιμασία, μην νομίζετε ότι δεν είναι εδώ γιατί δεν τους θέλει ο προπονητής. Να έρθουν να βοηθήσουν τα νέα παιδιά κι εγώ αυτό κάνω, παίζω δεν παίζω. Κι εγώ όταν ήρθα στην Εθνική πιτσιρικάς το 2014 στην Βραζιλία, με είχαν αγκαλιάσει οι έμπειροι. Αυτό κάνω κι εγώ τώρα. Οι άλλοι έμπειροι παίκτες θα δώσουν και μεγαλύτερη ώθηση στην ομάδα. Ξέρουν τι πρέπει να κάνουν, η Ομοσπονδία ξέρει. Ο Μανωλάς είναι ο καλύτερος Έλληνας ποδοσφαιριστής, ξέρει τι πρέπει να κάνει. Ο Σβάρνας έπαιξε καλά, κι εγώ με τον Σβάρνα δεν είχαμε και την καλύτερη χημεία. Όταν έχεις έναν καλό παίκτη είναι καλύτερο. Και ο Σβάρνας που έχει μέλλον αν έχει δίπλα του τον Μανωλά θα είναι καλύτερα για τον ίδιο".

I do agree with him in a way. I don’t think we should ignore Manolas. He so the only one I wouldn’t ignore. The rest I would ignore. He is at his peak. But what is Siovas trying to say in the end? That Manolas is better than him and he should be alongside Svarnas instead of him?

8 hours ago, AchillesHeel said:

<<Ο Έλληνας ποδοσφαιριστής τόνισε αρχικά στην κάμερα του OPEN TV: «Είμαι πολύ χαρούμενος για την νίκη αλλά και επειδή στο προηγούμενο αγώνα έχασα μια εύκολη φάση, αυτή την φορά λυτρώθηκα και χάρισα την νίκη στην ομάδα» και πρόσθεσε για την φάση του γκολ με αυτή που είχε κόντρα στην Σλοεβνία: «Ήταν περίπου ίδια φάση, έτσι δουλεύουμε τα κόρνερ, δίστασα γιατί περίμενα να βγει ο τερματοφύλακας. Επίσης δεν έβλεπα και την μπάλα, έβαλα το πόδι και πήγε έτσι όπως πήγε. Τώρα ήμουν πιο συγκεντρωμένος έκανα το κοντρόλ και έγινε ότι έγινε».

Για την νέα... εποχή της Εθνικής είπε: «Κάνουμε ένα καινούργιο ξεκίνημα, υπάρχουν πολλοί νέοι παίκτες, έμεινε ένας κορμός με αυτόν τον προπονητή. Χρειαζόμαστε κι άλλους έμπειρους, όπως εγώ βοηθάω τους μικρούς έτσι και άλλοι έμπειροι, να γυρίσουν και άλλοι να βοηθήσουν στο μέλλον τα νεαρά παιδιά».

Σε ερώτηση αν αναφέρεται σε παίκτες όπως ο Μανωλάς και ο Παπασταθόπουλος τόνισε: «Δεν θέλω να αναφερθώ σε ονόματα, ξέρουμε ποιοι είναι οι καλύτεροι. Κι αυτοί άργησαν να ξεκινήσουν προετοιμασία, μην νομίζετε ότι δεν είναι εδώ γιατί δεν τους θέλει ο προπονητής. Να έρθουν να βοηθήσουν τα νέα παιδιά κι εγώ αυτό κάνω, παίζω δεν παίζω βοηθάω. Κι εγώ όταν ήρθα στην Εθνική πιτσιρικάς το 2014 στην Βραζιλία, με είχαν αγκαλιάσει οι έμπειροι. Αυτό κάνω κι εγώ τώρα. Οι άλλοι έμπειροι παίκτες θα δώσουν και μεγαλύτερη ώθηση στην ομάδα» ενώ πρόσθεσε: «Ξέρουν τι πρέπει να κάνουν, η Ομοσπονδία ξέρει. Ο Μανωλάς είναι ο καλύτερος Έλληνας ποδοσφαιριστής, ξέρει τι πρέπει να κάνει. Ο Σβάρνας έπαιξε καλά, κι εγώ με τον Σβάρνα δεν είχαμε και την καλύτερη χημεία. Όταν έχεις έναν καλό παίκτη είναι καλύτερο. Και ο Σβάρνας που έχει μέλλον αν έχει δίπλα του τον Μανωλά θα γίνει καλύτερος».

Όσον αφορά τι κρατάει από τον αγώνα με το Κόσοβο είπε: «Μόνο την νίκη κρατάω, βάση του αντιπάλου δεν ήταν δυνατή ομάδα, δεν παίξαμε και τόσο καλά. Μην μας ξεγελάει το σκορ, βάλαμε δύο γκολ. Μπορούμε να παίξουμε καλύτερα».>>

Many fans think that he is trying to bring back the klika of players that were influencing the previous NT. I always thought Siovas had a lot of football smarts but does not come off looking too bright atm. He took the post game interview as an opportunity to criticize the coach's selections and even criticize his CB partner which is a big no-no especially after a win and the majority of fans have called him out on that.

As far as the game goes I think the team has a lot of work ahead of them as the performance was worse than against Slovenia. They lacked cohesiveness and did not work well together. Fortounis hangs on to the ball too long instead of playing quick passes, gets out muscled by everyone and their little sister and generally showed why JVS prefers Bakasetas as AM....at least Bakasetas draws fouls when he goes down. Fortounis might be capable of producing 10 or 20 seconds of magic that may result in a goal but does squat the rest of the time. There was no high pressing by Koulouris or Fortounis when it was called for and it looked like some of the players were simply going through the motions.

But a win is a win!

Well, based on that comment about Svarnas, to make his point about Manolas, Siovas is an out and out m#&#036;%&#33;, the coach should say thankyou now F*** off!!

• Like it 1

4 hours ago, Dean97 said:

But what is Siovas trying to say in the end? That Manolas is better than him and he should be alongside Svarnas instead of him?

Maybe he's saying he should get kicked out and replaced with Manolas.  Wouldn't that be funny.

• Like it 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, ausgreek said:

Well, based on that comment about Svarnas, to make his point about Manolas, Siovas is an out and out m#&#036;%&#33;, the coach should say thankyou now F*** off!!

Manolas and Sokratis should come into calculations this year as I said last year. When those two were there though, they played without heart for a very long time! That is why they got the ass in the first place! Faroe Islands.

• Haha 1

Siovas has taken to Instagram to clarify what he said, saying he wasn't trying to undermine the manager or what he's built with the Ethniki. He says he was simply expressing his opinion. FWIW I don't think JVS took any offence but I guess we'll see next month when the call-ups are announced. 

https://www.sport24.gr/football/ellada/ethniki_elladas/dieykrinistikh-dhlwsh-siova-den-hthela-na-paremvw-sto-ergo-toy-proponhth.5749278.html

So you are telling me that out of all CBs, the coach choose Stafylidis to start yesterday, not even Kyriakopoulos who had a very solid season in Italy with Sassuolo. I'm sick with the games being played behind the team's back, all of a sudden we have created a freaking mediocre squad full of limited players such as Bakakis, Svarnas, Paschalakis, Lampropoulos, Mantalos and many more.

1 hour ago, Boxou said:

So you are telling me that out of all CBs, the coach choose Stafylidis to start yesterday, not even Kyriakopoulos who had a very solid season in Italy with Sassuolo. I'm sick with the games being played behind the team's back, all of a sudden we have created a freaking mediocre squad full of limited players such as Bakakis, Svarnas, Paschalakis, Lampropoulos, Mantalos and many more.

Which players exactly is it that you want back in the team ?  Is it just Manolas and Sokratis ?  I don't understand why you can't accept these two players aren't being called up.

We aren't there in the NT camp to know what went on behind the scenes.  Maybe these guys are toxic and it affects the team.  Or maybe they are ok, but JVS like many managers has an ego, and wanted any players that could undermine him removed.  Or maybe JVS just doesn't want man marking CB's and considers them no good for the style he wants to play.  It's all speculation.  Maybe one day we'll get an answer.

• Like it 3

If it wasn't for Manolas and Sokratis talking in public about Anastasiadis' inability to manage the team we would still be stuck with that old man blaming Holy Mary and the wheather for the poor performance of the team.

Regarding the second part of your question, I do find it ridiculous that Stafylidis who just earned 7 caps with Hoffenheim last season being chosen of Kyriakopoulos or even Lykogiannis who did much better than him in Italy. I do find it ridiculous that since the Dutch took over, he keeps starting Giannoulis over Tsimikas who had a hell of a season. I do find it ridiculous that Vlachodimos without any explanation was left out of the team, in order for Paschalakis and Dioudis to replace him?

And what the hell have the likes of Michailidis, Rota, Lambropoulos, Svarnas, Tzolis etc done in order to get a call up instead of Retsos, Chatzigiovannis, not even talking about Manolas and Sokratis. Why the hell start fcking Mantalos as a winger when he is not one and dont call up Fetfatzidis or start Fountas there?

Another point is that since we have no creation with that Kourmeplis/Zeca midfield, why Samaris and Bouchalakis are still overlooked? Why Vasileiadis who had a full season in Bundesliga has still to record a cap for us? Why the team prefers to play with Bakakis and Rota out of all players instead giving the citizenship to Baldock who had a full season in premier league and has claimed in public he would like to represent his grandfather's country?

There's a huge quality gap between some players in the squad and some others outside of it and I wonder why you fail to see it. This team's limit is beating the likes of Kosovo and Slovenia and nothing more than that.

Someone’s mad ^^^

So let me get this right, you want Samaris called up? 31 year old Samaris who has played the full 90 minutes only 2 times since October? Retsos? The last time he played a full 90 in a league game , not a cup, was the 2018-2019 season. Last time he played in a game in general was March.

Also, Tsimikas had Covid 19, so there goes that argument. I do agree with one thing in your silly little rant, Vlachodimos should have been called up. 

I watched whenever Vasiliadis played on TV. He’s a 5’8 CM On the worst team in the Bundesliga. His overall rating for the 19-20 season was a 6.53, that’s awful. He runs a lot, which was the only thing I saw him do. And you want him to replace Zeca? Who captained Copenhagen who should have beaten Man U in the EL. 

Same with Baldock, he’s a decent player, but nothing special. He claims he wants to play for greece just to get on the international level. RB is a shortage for us, but I think Bakakis is better. 

i watched both games  . they are young however they are not playing with the energy and chemistry they played with towards the end of qualifying  

i hope they improve  . but these two last games they looked lethargic

• Like it 1

While I do agree Bakakis does suck, some of you are making baldock to be cafu or Dani alves. Baldock is a right back on a middle of the pack epl team. That’s all. My god. We have problems as a country when we’re going to church and praying baldock will get citizenship to save us. 

• Like it 1

I don't get why all the anger. Guys when we weren't qualifying for tournaments and losing to the Faroe Islands there was less anger and now that this coach has us unbeaten in 5 games and the top of our group for the first time guys are still bitching.. Were we all happy the way Greece played against Bosnia ,Armenia and Finland with this same coach? Yes. Was this the prettiest football we played this week?? No, but did we find a way to get results?? YES.. Its not always going to be pretty but a team that has confidence and is building towards something better finds a way to grind out some wins in some ugly games and the exactly what this team did. Everyone needs to chill out and let the guy do what he's paid to do as he is getting us RESULTS.. In a perfect world we would not see Staf starting or Bakakis or Svarna who i thought played okay but it's his call and as long as he keeps getting results no one should bitch.. We've tried it with Manolas and Socratis for 5 years and it didn't work, I'm not saying i wouldn't give Manolas another chance but if you call him up and play him limited minutes or don't call up Socratis with him this wont sit well with him and i don't think JVS wants to disrupt the team he's trying to build.

Regarding Fetfa JVS gave him a chance and what did he do? he was late for a team meeting and he bitched about playing time so good on JVS to not select him. He's showing the players that the days of Players dictating who plays and when are not going to fly with this Coach.

I'm not happy with all the players that were called up and starting but we got results so until JVS starts losing i think we need to give the guy a chance. Like F*** we are winning and guys are trying to run this coach out of town..

The only thing i think JVS needs to be careful of IMO is trying to develop players that's not his job that's the club teams job, JVS should be looking for guys that will fit his system and work there asses off for the NT.

• Like it 2

2 hours ago, Boxou said:

I think Bakakis is better than a premier league player who didn't miss a game the whole season sums up your football knowledge.

Coming from someone who wants Samaris in the squad and Retsos who hasn’t played a full game in 2 years . I’m surprised you didn’t want Samaras to come out of retirement and be our striker. Hey! He played in the EPL at one point too!

You also made a comment earlier , about how Tzolis is a nobody. Foreign press is labeling him as an up and coming star, would I agree with that, I need more time to see. But his last dozen games or so he has absolutely warranted being on the National Team. JVS is using the nations league to find future players, that’s exactly who should be in the national team during this time, not 33 year old Sokratis and Samaris.

So to your point, every single EPL player is better than any Greek League member? Ok then. That’s your opinion. I won’t try and change it. I just can’t argue with someone who wants Sokratis, who hasn’t played against a meaningful team since January 1st, on the team.

• Lazarus changed the title to Nations League: Kosovo - Greece (6 Sep. 2020, Stadiumi Fadil Vokkri, Pristina)
  • Dutch Eagle locked this topic