Phantis Forums

CL-QR3: PAOK - Benfica (15-Sep-20, 21:00 EEST)

Blackhawk

PAOK.jpg.ca07001feadb6df87300740aa75bc8c1.jpg VS  Benfica.jpg.9c9dad0f027bfabc305fe12cc3fec36d.jpg

MATCHUP:                   PAOK Thessaloniki – SL Benfica Lisbon
COMPETITION:         Champions League – Qualifying Round 3
DATE:                         15-September-2020
TIME:                         21:00 EEST  (18:00 GMT, 13:00 CDT, 04:00 AEST next day)
CITY/STADIUM:       Thessaloniki - Toumba Stadium (28,703)
REFEREES:                   Felix Brych - Mark Borsch, Stefan Lupp (Germany)
TELEVISION:            OPEN Beyond TV, Noivasports 1 (Greece)

PAOK’s History against teams from Portugal in European Competitions

2018-2019:  PAOK – Benfica Lisbon  1:4 – (Prijovic) - Att: 26,725 - Champions League (Qualifying Round 4, Leg 2)
2018-2019:  Benfica Lisbon – PAOK  1:1 – (Warda) - Att: 44,084 – Champions League (Qualifying Round 4, Leg 1)

2013-2014:  Benfica Lisbon – PAOK  3:0 – Att: 31,058 – Europa League (Round of 32, Leg 2)
2013-2014:  PAOK – Benfica Lisbon  0:1 – Att: 24,670 - Europa League (Round of 32, Leg 1)

2002-2003:  PAOK – Leixoes SC      4:1  (Okkas 2, Salpiggidis, Koutsopoulos)) –  Att: 5,960 – UEFA Cup (Round 1, Leg 2)
2002-2003:  Leixoes SC  - PAOK     2:1 - (Kukielka) –  Att: 4,000 - UEFA Cup (Round 1, Leg 1)

1999-2000:  Benfica Lisbon – PAOK  1:2 (4:1 penalty kicks) – (Maragos, Sabry) - Att: 28,417 – UEFA Cup (Round 2, Leg 1)
1999-2000:  PAOK – Benfica Lisbon  1:2 – (Frantzeskos) - Att: 28,008 – UEFA Cup (Round 2, Leg 1)

GAMES:  8    WINS:  2    TIES:  1    LOSSES:  5

• Blackhawk changed the title to CL-QR3: PAOK - Benfica (15-Sep-20, 21:00 EEST)

I just had a look at their transfers, both players bought and sold, they are on another level.  We are like PAS Giannina budget wise compared to them.  That being said, hopefully they lack match fitness and we can catch them on the day.  The ball is round as they say.

• Like it 1

Θυμάμαι το 2014 που παίξαμε με την Μπενφίκα στη φάση των 32 του Γιουρόπα. Πήγα με τον ΣΦ Φρανκφούρτης στη Λισσαβώνα και περάσαμε πάρα πολυ ωραία (άσχετα που χάσαμε). Πρίν τον αγώνα είχαμε μαζευτεί στην κεντρική πλατεία (Praca do Comercio) όπου πίναμε μπύρες και μπάφους. Εκεί λοιπόν που ήμασταν όλοι φτιαγμένοι (είτε απο αλκοολ είτε απο το χορταράκι) και έλαμπε ο ήλιος, άκουσα για πρώτη φορά το εξής σύνθημα:

ΟΥΕΦΑ Γ@ΜΗΜΕΝΗ,

Ο ΠΑΟΚ ΔΕΝ ΠΕΘΑΙΝΕΙ,

ΕΙΣΤΕ ΜΑΦΙΑ ΕΥΡΩΠΑΙΚΗ,

ΧΙΛΙΑΔΕΣ ΤΡΕΛΑΜΕΝΟΙ,

ΟΛΟΙ ΜΑΣΤΟΥΡΩΜΕΝΟΙ,

ΑΝΤΕ Γ@ΜΙΣΟΥ ΠΟΥΣΤΗ ΠΛΑΤΙΝΙ

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, Dutch Eagle said:

UEFA (maffia) is trolling us. It is Groundhog Day all over. Felix Brych is appointed as ref for this match just like two years ago. Hope the result won’t be identical ..............

Well they are going to be in Greece to call the cup final (if it happens). Might as well save some money.

Player list reported to UEFA for the game:

LIST A:
Akpom, Balogiannis, Biseswar, Crespo, Matos, El Kaddouri, Esiti, Giannoulis, Ingason, Varela, Lyratzis, Michailidis, Mihaj,Ninua, Paschalakis, Pelkas, Rey, Jaba, Schwab, Swiderski, Tsiggaras, Tzolis, Zivkovic Z., Zivkovic A. 

LIST B:
Aventisian, Gaitanidis, Giaksis, Konstantelias, Koulierakis, Koutsias, Panagiotou, Tachatos, Talichmanidis, Vrakas

No Limnios in the squad.  Yep, let's not give ourselves our best chance of winning.  While we're at it, let's sell a player who is 22 years of age and is currently the most in form player in the NT for a measly 3 million.  No lube thanks, I like it dry.  I wonder what Olympiacos would've sold him for - not that we should or can match them - just curious.

Think of where Limnios was as a player two years ago, then one year and then today.  He’s improved immensely.  Exactly what you want from your younger players.  Other than him only Giannoulis has done the same.  It drives me crazy how we are so eager to sell our youth that are still improving so cheap.

Take Pelkas as a counter example.  He has improved but kind of flat lined that last 18 months or so.  I think he’s hit his ceiling although I’ll be happy to proven wrong.

Either way, I feel we’ve let him go to cheap.  Worse even, the timing just before a CL qualifier.  Everything about this says bitch club to the rest of the world.

As for his inconsistency, we could have Messi at PAOK and we’d find a way to criticise him.

Anyway what’s done is done.  Let’s sell Giannoulis for 3 million also so the club can cash in and then we can complain about how we don’t produce and players.

I think with the $ we have made through qualifying for the Europa league group stage, the NOVA deal and the Limnios sale we won't be selling Giannoulis on the cheap. Part of the problem is letting players enter the final year of their contract, they need to be renewed well before that. Giannoulis has 2 years left on his deal if we don't sell him this season (I hope we don't, he's extremely important especially given the 5-2-3 we've been playing) then we need to be working on that contract and sign him up.

Even if we intend to sell him next year it just puts us in a better bargaining position and we can get top dollar for him. Whether he wants to sign or not is another issue, I'm sure he has every intention of making the move to a better league. He may choose not to re-sign, so as to force the club's hand in selling him this year or next. We don't know that Limnios wasn't offered a renewal and choose to refuse it and hence he was sold. 

• Like it 1