Phantis Forums

CL-QR2: PAOK - Besiktas (25-Aug-20, 21:00 EEST)

Blackhawk

PAOK.jpg.ca07001feadb6df87300740aa75bc8c1.jpg  VS    Besiktas.jpg.615f94b8106b1f60bfca20f4e0505826.jpg

MATCHUP:              PAOK Thessaloniki – Besiktas Istanbul BK
COMPETITION:    Champions League – Qualifying Round 2
DATE:                    25-August-2020
TIME:                    21:00 EEST  (18:00 GMT, 13:00 CDT, 04:00 AEST next day)
CITY/STADIUM:  Thessaloniki - Toumba Stadium (28,703)
REFEREES:             Daniele Doveri - Matteo Passeri, Dario Cecconi (Italy)
TELEVISION:        Open Beyond TV (Greece, Kanal D (Turkey)

PAOK’s History against teams from Turkey in European Competitions

2010-2011:  Fenerbahce Istanbul SK - PAOK   1:1 (aet) (102. Muslimovic) – Att: 38,863 - Europe League (Playoff Round-Leg 2)
2010-2011:  PAOK – Fenerbahce Istanbul SK   1:0     (19. Vieirinha) – Att: 23,353 – Europe League (Playoff Round-Leg 1)

GAMES:  2    WINS:  1    TIES:  1    LOSSES:  0

That's not confirmed 100% yet, but it would be great if it was on PAOK TV.  If it ends up on PAOK TV, then PAOK should not sell the rights to any other country. Let everybody pay PAOK TV to see the game. We could make some good money just from subscriptions sold to Turkish fans. For this to work though they would need to keep the hacked and pirated streams to a minimum.

I'm seeing stuff on social media about how the rights are reserved domestically but the away team has the rights to broadcast internationally. I have no idea if that's correct or even how it would work, but it would be a hell of a wrinkle if true.

-edit- They probably got it from here: https://inpaok.com/653535/sto-paok-tv-to-mats-me-ti-besiktas-alla/

Edited by pash

Apparently since it is a single game, UEFA has ruled that the home team can only sell the TV rights domestically and the visiting team has the international rights to the rest of the world. This means that PAOK TV (if they will carry the game) can only show it in Greece and Besiktas can sell the rights to anybody else. 

Besiktas is desperate for money so guaranteed it'll be somewhere. I just hope it's not in some weird-ass channel that you need a specific cable subscription for. Because THIS GUY's sure as hell gonna pirate that

Originally it was scheduled to be on the satellite/cable channel Spor Smart in Turkey, but the Turkish government stepped in and ordered the game to be shown on national network for free. I am pretty sure the stream will be available and open for everyone.

Should be the same with Open Beyond TV stream, but I am sure they will have geo restrictions. I was hoping a VPN would work, but every time I connect to their web stream using VPN with a Greek IP I get a screen telling me the programming is not available outside of Greece.

We might have to resort to a stream with Turkish commentators even though I am sure more viewing options will be available by game time.  

List of players submitted to UEFA for the Besiktas game:

LIST A

Άκπομ, Ροντρίγκο, Μπαλογιάννης, Μπίσεσβαρ, Κρέσπο, Μάτος, Ελ Καντουρί, Εσίτi, Γιαννούλης, Ίνγκασον, Λημνιός, Βαρέλα , Μιχαηλίδης, Μιχάι , Νινούα, Πασχαλάκης, Πέλκας, Ρέι, Ζαμπά, Σβαμπ, Σφιντέρσκι, Τσαούσης, Τσιγγάρας, Τζόλης, Ζίβκοβιτς.

LIST B

Αβεντισιάν, Μπαλωμένος, Γαϊτανίδης, Γιαξής, Κωνσταντέλιας, Κουλιεράκης, Κούτσιας , Λύρατζης, Παναγιώτου, Ταλιχμανίδης.

Wernbloom and Warda are missing from the lists.

it looks like we will lose this game but we must make it as hard as possible for them to go forward.

i have a turkish mate over here and i watched their games last season 4-5 times. their defence and midfield is definitely much better than ours. their main striker was transferred to lille fc and they did not get a new goalkeeper.

i see our chance of winning at around %10-15. If we score an early goal and political pressure affects their player, then why not.

Our players should be extra careful for vida in the corners, mensah for dribbling and ljalic for long distance efforts.

Surprising that Matos has been left out, could've offered something from the bench especially if we go into extra time with his aerial ability from set pieces. 

It makes me start to believe the reports that Limnios will start as a right wing-back. I don't think this is the game to experiment and play somebody in a brand new position. It is a huge game in terms of keeping our Champions league dream alive and also guaranteeing Europa League football. I wouldn't be doing it I'd be starting Rodrigo, who isn't great defensively but at least in a back 5 he can be more easily covered.

Makes no sense. There have been some rumors popping up on instagram fan pages that Matos is upset that the team isn't offering him an additional extension on his contract (and that he's "lost" his starting role). I figured that was baseless but perhaps there's a kernel of truth to it.

-edit- I should also mention that Mihaj wasn't included either, which is also strange.

Edited by pash