Phantis Forums

PAOK Disciplinary & Legal matters

Blackhawk

The PAOK/Xanthi relegation hearing before the Superleague disciplinary commission which was held yesterday was postponed until Monday, February 24. Conveniently that's just one day after the derby at Toumba. The postponement was granted after PAOK questioned the legality of the EEA before in political courts. 

This thing will drag on for months.

Today at Superleague meeting there was a vote brought up by Olympiakos to expel PAOK and Xanthi from Superleague because we took EEA to political courts..

Olympiakos, Aris, Panionios and Larisa voted for relegation

PAOK, Xanthi, Volos, Panaitolikos and Panathinaikos voted  not to relegate PAOK and Xanthi

AEX, OFI and Atromitos voted to send the matter to EPO disciplinary commision

EPO and Tripoli abstained from voting

Lamia did not show up. 

• 2 weeks later...

BREAKING NEWS! 

PAOK and Xanthi have received their penalties for the ownership issues that have hit the SLGR.

PAOK will lose 7 points this season and Xanthi will lose 12.

Edited by Alphonse
  • Like it 1

I still don't understand what this PAOK Xanthi thing is actually about.  Anyway, it wouldn't be a normal season for us if we weren't deducted points.  Long live POK.

Assuming the points deduction sticks, does it apply to this season, next season, or every season from now until the heat death of the universe ?

I would be amused to hear how they actually arrived at these numbers.

random_number.png

Edited by Bananas

Ahaha is that an xkcd reference?

if (teamName = "PAOK") then

pointsTotal = pointsTotal - 7              ' fairness adjustment

elseif (teamName = "Olympiakos") then

call earn_political_plaudits                  ' 'on the right side' adjustment

endif

Don't mind me, still half asleep

• Like it 2

It applies to every game we play as long as the PAOK/Xanthi issue is in force.

That means -7 points each game. This not a joke. New Democracy politician in charge of sports said so today.

Unless you have been sleeping under a rock, this is an orchestrated campaign by Marinakis/New Democracy on orders from the US government to chase Ivan out of Greece.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

For now. You and the Olympiakos will come out and say they did us a favor for not relegating us. If I was PAOK I would demand relegation.

Stuff relegation.  Just do what Larisa did in 87 and blockade the entire f--king city.

100% they did you a favor, you had ownership of Xanthi, in any other country PAOK and Xanthi would have been relegated would they not? You got a punishment equivalent to what we get for throwing flares...  This is Greece... 

Who do you mean by "they". And since you the smart ass here explain to me how PAOK has ownership of Xanthi. And don't quote me things from the red press. I want the actual details.

1 minute ago, Bananas said:

So what exactly is Savvidis meant to do to stop the -7 points ?  Does he have to sell some of these so called shares owned by someone related to him ?

How can you sell shares of something you don't even own? F*** logic. Only in a banana republic.

55 minutes ago, Alphonse said:

100% they did you a favor, you had ownership of Xanthi, in any other country PAOK and Xanthi would have been relegated would they not? You got a punishment equivalent to what we get for throwing flares...  This is Greece... 

Yes this is Greece where PAOK and Xanthi are being punished on innuendo rather than any concrete evidence. Once this matter goes before a court then punish if found guilty of any wrong doing. At the moment it's a media campaign against PAOK which you the "journalist" is believing every article about PAOK. 

Of course it doesn't look good and that's what media does well. Ever heard of anchoring bias or anchoring effect? First piece of information you hear creates an anchoring point that incorrectly influences all subsequent assessments. 

So long as concrete evidence is provided proving that Savvidis injected money into Xanthi then I have zero issues with a punishment. 

• Like it 1

In a civilized country one goes to the site of the chamber of commerce, downloads the ownership of the PAE in question for a few euro's and publishes this. Piece of cake. 

I know Ivan isn't a Saint. Saints don't have 1.6 billion and aren't buddies with Vladimir Vladimirovitsj. But show the freaking evidence and I will have my kremoula and go to Beta Ethniki for one season or more. Because PAOK you are.

Why appeal at this point? The 7 point deduction keeps PAOK in second place going into the ridiculously long playoffs, while the 12 point deduction keeps Xanthi above the 2 other relegation candidates.

Edited by CincinnatiAek
Punctuation

My position has always been if we've done something wrong punish us. It appears we have been found of some wrong doing so no issues with a punishment being handed out. My issue is, and it's already been mentioned is that the only information and evidence being provided is by Olympiacos media. I read the "unaffiliated" sites and there appears to be nothing concrete. 

Anyway I'm not a gavro I'm not going to sit here and scream and shout that my team is innocent and it's all a conspiracy against us. We've done something wrong, we can appeal to EPO (I think) and then CAS. If the club believe the punishment is harsh or we are innocent then fine let's appeal it. 

My only hope is that in future all legal proceedings in Greece are dealt with in this type of time frame and this type of efficiency. Like the ones were Marinakis is charged with corruption and drug trafficking charges (or have those ones been dropped already because the evidence was misplaced? ) But I won't hold my breath. 

• Blackhawk changed the title to PAOK Disciplinary & Legal matters