Phantis Forums

SL1-PO-R9: AEK - PAOK (15-Jul-20, 21:30 EEST)

Blackhawk

3 minutes ago, PaokCT said:

Question is does Olympiakos give AEK the game 

If we get a good result ourselves we don't have to look at all what happens in Karaiskaki. It's in our hands. (Not that possible deduction of 7 points off course)

Not sure weather to count this game as a success or a fail for Abel.

He took Tzolis out when he was on the run. I dunno at times. Paok seemed to be dangerous and somehow we didn't field our best 11 all at once.

The player passes we produced to the referee were out of date and therefore we technically fielded ineligible players. AEK has 48 hours to appeal and win the game on paper.

You honestly couldn’t make this stuff up. Absolutely shocking.

ahahaha so they obviously will

-edit- apparently our other opponents could have but they didn't notice, and so that chance is gone? ahahahaha we're so stupid

Edited by pash

amateur hour honestly, what the hell is wrong with the club? If AEK pursue it which is their right to we are done and the last 2 games would've been for nothing, how hard can it be to make sure such a logistical thing is in order? If we lose this game sta xartia, I'm done with Greek football I try to just focus and follow on the on-field stuff but that is literally impossible with all the crap that goes on in this league. I'm furious what a big big big m*****a 

Speechless.

On the other hand, this is a weird season. In a normal situation the team would be in pre-season in The Netherlands right now and passes would have been checked between now and the start of the season.

They should pursue it if they want to stay true to their name.  AEX AEX AEX.

Let's see what comes of this.  I'm not that fussed to be honest as I put our chances of qualifying to the CL group phase as 0.01% anyway.

What is the point of these player passes ?  Sounds like a case of red tape for the sake of it.  Who is ineligible and why ?  Did a player suddenly appear that isn’t part of our squad ?  Apparently the club forgot to fill in the TPS reports.

You want to see cheating, you should’ve seen back in the day in junior soccer where teams would dodgy up the “passports” to field older players.  Anyway that’s another story.

Looks like it’s an automatic loss and -3 points, officially ending our season. 2 questions remain: 

1) Any chance AEK doesn’t pursue this? Why wouldn’t they? What would they have to lose? 

2) Any chance we can say due to Covid-19, circumstances were difficult to renew passes (although I’m sure it was possible)

Firstly I would have thought that  the league will not need AEK to put in a complaint. Surely if the players were ineligible and this has now been noticed and the authorities are aware then the league have to punish us regardless? 

secondly, and Forgive my ignorance, but what are the passes relating to? Did the squads have to be re registered for when they restarted the league?  If that’s the case, how is the club doctor responsible? Or was this do do with medical passes issued stating they are able to play? 

• Like it 2

It’s not that simple for AEK.  They have always felt aggrieved for the title they lost on paper in 2008 so for them to do this would be a huge about face.  There is the risk some of their own fans could turn.

As for Olympiacos, they should seriously consider creating a law firm as a side business.  Being litigious comes naturally to them.

Our Scottish friend raises a good point regarding if the clubs even need to raise the complaint.  Shouldn’t EPO action it regardless.  And to make matters worse, shouldn’t officials of some sort have checked said paperwork before games went ahead.

What a bourdelo of a season it’s been, even by Greek standards.

Edited by Bananas

I think the ref noted the issue but allowed the game to proceed since he wasn't impeded by the paperwork? Saw something along those lines written on social media, could be BS

It looks like we are of the hook: https://www.aekfc.gr/newsdetails/anakoinosi-pae-aek-56-124701.htm?lang=el&path=1624527066

As for GAYros. They should have complained within 48 hours, which they didn’t.

All the refs in the games of July were in danger too. Refs not noticing things like this could be suspended for three months.