Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2020

Blackhawk

Saw a post on instagram saying that Gaitanidis is heading to Levadiakos (on loan). It was mostly interesting because it claimed that after his first injury (the broken arm), he continued to be injured in the second half of the season and so lost a lot of ground. I don't know if it's true, but it would explain the radio silence on him.

-edit- Also reading that Warda is heading to Volos for free, with us retaining a 50% resale rate. Hopefully we make some money off him, though I bet he'll just end up in jail.

Edited by pash

Gaitanidis played at Apollon Smyrnis for half of the last season, but did not do anything spectacular there. Probably the reason why he was not called up for the pre-season training sessions.

Finally we got rid of Warda and we won't have to go through this every transfer period. Warda came on radio today bitching at PAOK for not giving him the opportunities to prove himself, and that they prevented him from signing with Olympiakos and Aris.

Tsiggaras is being loaned to Apollon Smyrnis.

Balogiannis will most likely be a free transfer to OFI.

Vieirinha is close to signing with Lucescu's team in Saudi Arabia with a salary of 1.2 mil per season.

Expect more player movements the closer we get to the transfer deadline (October 5).

Woke up at 3am and couldn't go back to sleep. So obviously I went on instagram. Maybe it was just my delirium but I could swear that I saw posts about Jaba absconding to Portugal while he awaited an offer from there or Brazil or something.

Meanwhile, I see this on inPAOK, which notes the Portugal trip but for a very different (possibly equally fake?) reason: https://inpaok.com/658978/ti-symvainei-me-zaba/

Να πα να γ@μηθεί ο Δημητράκης που, ναι μεν μας χάρησε την πρόκριση κόντρα στην Μπενφίκα αλλα με τις μ@λ@κίες του μας στοίχησε το ονείρο. Πως πέφτεις έτσι μεσ'την περιοχή; Και σήμερα πώς έδιωξε την μπάλα έτσι στο δεύτερο γκόλ;

Δεν γίνονται αυτά ρε παιδιά. Γ@μώ την ατυχία μας μέσα.

12 minutes ago, PAOKARA said:

He wasn't the best, but we were asking an awfully lot from so early on. Not keeping Matos, for one more year, that's the mistake.

Ξέραμε οτι θα παίζαμε Τσάμπιονς Λίγκ. Ολόκληρο καλοκαίρι είχαμε να φέρουμε δεξί μπακ. Δεν το κάναμε.

15 hours ago, Athens4 said:

I would also say that it is time for Pelkas to move on. He needs a new challenge and we need someone who can score a penalty when it counts.

I think so too, but not because he did not score on the penalty kick. Anybody can miss one. The reason I think he should move on is that he has not improved in the las couple years. He is still the selfish player that he was two years ago. Instead of passing the ball to a player in a better position he will dribble the ball to death and then lose it. On top of that he was made the team captain, which is a role I don't think he is suited for.

• Like it 1

5 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

I think so too, but not because he did not score on the penalty kick. Anybody can miss one. The reason I think he should move on is that he has not improved in the las couple years. He is still the selfish player that he was two years ago. Instead of passing the ball to a player in a better position he will dribble the ball to death and then lose it. On top of that he was made the team captain, which is a role I don't think he is suited for.

Spot on.

Still two years? I thought he had renewed for two years, last year. Either way, I think 500k is a fair price. If a guy isn't going to be used, then he should be gotten rid of (and he deserves to go somewhere he'll actually play). Maybe this is a sign that Vrakas will stick around and get the few scraps of playing time Biseswar would have had?