Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2020

Blackhawk

Let's not forget Arsenal had 40% ownership of Akpom, so unless the deal is structured differently between PAOK, Arsenal and Middlesbrough,  out of the 3 mil PAOK will get 1.8 mil and Arsenal 1.2 mil. Not that good of a deal in my opinion, but since we let his contract linger without renewing it last season, our negotiation position was not the best.

Akpom's high-lite at PAOK for me is the Greek Cup winning goal against AEX.

Good luck Chuba.   

Yeah, I forgot about the huge resale rate. Still, we'll make roughly a million off of him. I'll count any small win. Will be interesting to see how much money we make up until the transfer window closes. I can't imagine that we're in anywhere near as precarious a position as we were before, though.

Το ιδανικό σενάριο είναι να μπούμε ομίλους Τσάμπιονς Λιγκ και ο γαύρος να πάει στο Ουέφα... Εκεί θα μαζέψουμε πολύ χρήμα. Προφανώς πολύ δύσκολο έως αδύνατο να συμβεί κάτι τέτοιο.

Current rumors and fake news:

- Giannoulis will sign a new 3-year deal without buyout option. Salary: 500K per season

- The Akpon replacement is apparently in Thessaloniki and will be announced tomorrow. Rumors are it's Colak from Rijeka. Rijeka wants 5 mil but PAOK is giving 3.5 mil plus large resale option. If things fail with Rijeka we have Ponse (ex-AEX player) on standby.

- Paschalakis will be sold for 1.5 mil'

- we are close to signing a right back sooner than later 

Croatian media saying it's done. Nice highlight video, I like the composure he shows in one v one situations.

RWB the priority now, don't know if this will be an unpopular opinion, but I wouldn't mind bringing Kitsiou back on the cheap. Feel like this system highlights his strengths and would make the most of his ability. 

Re Colak: saw on instagram a claim that savvidis said it wasn't happening but I didn't see the referenced denial anywhere...

As for Kitsiou...he had his chances, has there been any improvement while in Turkey?

3 hours ago, paokarag4 said:

What is going on there? You have definitely stumbled upon something there potentially, nice detective work!

Looking at it again probably nothing. He did play against us for Lokomotiva a few years ago, think it stems from that.

There are reports that we're in for him as a right back, looks decent...we'll see how it plays out.

13 hours ago, PAOKSYD said:

Veirinhia has been added to our PAOK FC transfermarket page again.... 

Have we signed him on the sly? 

Doubt it. He's never been taken off the PAOK roster on the PAE PAOK web site official roster list . I think they are keeping him there until the transfer period ends and then they'll take him off (if he does not sign)

Jaba and Matos were left off the squad for the Atromitos game. I expect Matos to be se free and Jaba to be loaned out.

There are a bunch of names floating around social media but I won't bother sharing them as I doubt any are true. But I will say that if a player is having second thoughts, then they should be passed over. I can't recall the last time that ended well.

Well this came out of nowhere. This would be a loan (if true):

https://www.transfermarkt.com/moussa-wague/profil/spieler/364240

InPAOK reporting: https://inpaok.com/657780/pairnei-vagke-apo-bartselona-o-paok/

He's Senegalese, not sure where we are now as far as the non-EU players are concerned?

Mihojevic

Z Zivkovic

A Zivkovic

Ingason

Pereira

Soares

Matos

Jaba

Ninua

Warda

That's ten players (not including this guy). Ninua, Mihojevic, Jaba are all over 21 so I don't think we can use the youth loophole. Warda and Matos will be gone soon (I assume), as will Mihojevic.