Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2020

Blackhawk

Looks like we gave up on Janko, who used PAOK to get a better deal in Spain.

On the other hand we agreed with Andrian Nilsen Pereira for a 4-year deal. He is expected to travel to Thessaloniki tomorrow to sign the deal.

Giorgos Doumtsis will continue his career at PAS Giannina.

Giorgos Lagonidis, son of Kostas, who was playing at our youth academy will continue his career in Germany. He was transferred to fourth tier Kickers Offenbach.

And Dutch media say that Hoffenheim and PAOK al talking about the loan of Joshua Brenet. Brenet though thinks he could still succeed in Germany. He played for PSV (Eindhoven) before going to Germany. Would not be disappointed if he stays in Germany. Not only because he isn’t keen on playing for us but more because he is not someone who could make us better. 

The team's need to sell has been significantly lessened now. I can't say I'm sure we'll keep him now but the guaranteed prize monies for EL participation and this bonus are a huuuge change in the team's fortunes.

-edit- I missed this exchange in the press conference: https://inpaok.com/657235/tha-miliso-gia-na-meinei-o-giannoulis/

If he asks for them to keep the player, there's no way they will sell. It'd be up to the suitors to pay the buy out if they want him.

Edited by pash

Regardless of what people think Giannoulis is worth or what they'd be satisfied with a sale amount, I'd prefer we don't sell him at all.  I just don't think he's easily replaceable.  Also, the level of his improvement in the last 24 months, and especially in the last 12 months has been simply astonishing.

Knowing our club though, we'll probably sell him for peanuts, and do it before the Krasnodar game.  Who knows it could go similar to the Limnios sale, extract below.

FC Koln: Limnios good player.  We buy.

PAOK: Very well.  7 million.

FC Koln: 3 million.

PAOK: You crazy.  The guy is only 22 and has matured so much in the last year.  He is the FIRST guy on the team sheet for the National Team.

PAOK: OK.  6 million.

PAOK: OK.  5 million, but that's my last offer.

FC Koln: 3 million and we'll throw in a poster of Wilhem II.

PAOK: Deal, but can we do it after the Benfica game.  Our regular RB is having interpersonal problems with the manager and our backup RB is injured.  We have a up-coming young kid but the manager doesn't rate him.

FC Koln: No.  We want him now.

PAOK: OK.  Would you like me to drop my pants now or later.

FC Koln: First I give you poster of Otto von Bismarck, then drop pants.

PAOK: Thank you, thank you.

FC Koln: If Limnios is so important to you, why did you not renew/extend his contract.

PAOK: Who ?  (hands Limnios his luggage and shoves him out the door).

• Haha 5

Selling Limnio is great business. Replaced him with a better player while adding money to the bank.

Selling Giannouli is more problematic as he is of higher quality and harder to replace. Sign him up to a long term contract, hopfeully adds to his reputation in Europe this season, sell him for more next year.

• Like it 1

The positive there is that we have him until 2022, so if the team wants to play hardball this season, they can. Whether or not he wants to sign a new contract when there are teams interested in him is another matter, unfortunately. I would be in favor of offering him more money for a longer contract once we know how Europe will shake out, however.

With the prospect of playing Champions League now closer and it being unlikely we find a replacement as good, surely we keep Giannoulis and promise him a move in January. Big if, but if we make the group stage and he performs decent enough, we're looking at getting a fee closer to what Olympiakos received for Tsimikas in a transfer window where negotiations aren't as slow and clubs usually pay up.

3 million isn't bad, again we need to keep in mind he was entering the final year of his contract. I believe we signed him for 1-1.5ish? So we've turned a profit and he's been a good player for us. I'm reading we're working on his replacement and we have someone lined up, I hope so because I would not feel confident heading into the the matches against Krasnador with Swiderski leading the line. 

I believe its at the wrong time too... Akpom was good because atleast he didn't keep falling over, but if we cant replace him will be stuck with Swideriski (who has lots of room to improve) but keeps falling over because hes so weak.
We have a very short time to find someone who is physically strong, knows some basic dribbling and has a great areal presence. 

Just listening to some radio and they had a Croatian journalist on, who said a few weeks ago we made an offer to Rijeka for their striker Antonio Colak for 2 million which was rejected. There are some whispers that we may return with a new and improved offer given the Akpom sale.

Whoever we decide to go after I agree, we need to move quick.

We are also moving to re-sign Giannoulis which is absolutely 1000% the right move, do not let another player get into the last year of their contract!! 

Edited by paokarag4

Yeah I think the poorly timed sale of Chuba has something to do with..

1. Us needing the lefta to make a formal offer for Colak without testing FFP (Rijeka have set his price at 5 million). 

2. Rushing to get ahead of the several other teams who are said to be very interested in him.

The Colak rumors were definitely out in force a few weeks ago, and I do remember hearing they wanted considerably more than we could spend. Selling Limnios + Akpom for a net of ~6mm should allow us to buy this guy and cover his salary for the next two seasons. If they want him it's a no-brainer to me (his stats are very good).

Obviously the Limnios piece of that pie is still up in the air but the bonus we get for making it to the play-offs should be able to cover the price on its own.

@paokarag4I didn't hear anything about re-signing him? Big if true! And definitely a no-brainer. This is the most recent thing I've seen about him (looking to hold for another year, which would obviously destroy his sale value in 2021): https://inpaok.com/657309/to-aitima-tou-fereira-ston-savvidi/

-edit- the posts keep coming, good to hear: https://www.sdna.gr/podosfairo/759027_synantisi-rempe-giannoyli

Edited by pash

Akpom played a shitty first half, as most of our players. He improved a lot in the second half. However, we cannot count on Giannoulis carrying the ball from our defense through the opponent's box to score a damn goal. Chuba isn't gonna be missed by me. Neither Swiderski when he's sold. They just don't have the mental capacity to perform at our level.

IF the striker we get can make the difference then the team will be considerably better. That was Lucescu's team success. We knew we could keep the clean sheet and then we knew Prijo could score a goal in two or three chances. Akpom and Swiderski needed 15-20 chances to score a goal. And basically that's all it takes for a team to take wins and be considered successful.

Chuba played important role in both European games this year, yes. He's not consistent though and against Larisa he showed his pathetic finishing skills once more. Chances are he wouldn't have done a third straight good European game anyway.

• Like it 1