Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2020

Blackhawk

I remember Zivkovic being tagged a wonderkid at Partizan, actually signed him in a PAOK footy manager save years back.

Benfica bought him thinking he’d be another talent they could develop further and sell for tens of millions but hasn’t worked out.

Would be a wise free agent acquisition, he should find it easier in GSL. If he can live up to just half of that potential, clubs will bite. Scouts all around Europe are aware of him, I say do it

10 hours ago, paokarag4 said:

I'm available and pretty cheap too

As am I,

I was thinking more of someone like Jackson Irvine. He is, out of contract, proven to be able to handle the rigours of the Championship week in and week out, no fuss, will not treat the club like a holiday, crap enough to be willing to come to PAOK.

It's not a sexy move but he would add depth to the area of the park we are weakest in.

Saw this rumor on instagram but only in one place. Probably made up, as a Portuguese-league connection to Ferreira. He does seem to score, judging by the stats.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/fabio-abreu/profil/spieler/292398

Need to go through at some point and tally up how many non-EU players we have. Nea Bafra's Jackson Irvine, for example, probably would count as a foreign player as I don't think Scottish citizenship would fly in a Brexit world.

I did see a rumour about Rodrigues to Olympiacos a week ago.  Didn't even bother posting about it.  He was definitely good for us but not so sure these days.  He seems all over the place.  Also, his wage expectations will be quite high.

Hah yeah, I saw the buzz and was like "oh, another traitor, you say?" and then moved on. He'll want a mint and I recall how he immediately wanted to leave us the moment the Turks came sniffing. This would go very poorly.

So many German players showing up on instagram. But I'll focus on this rumor from inPAOK. Plays in the second division, for Hannover. He is a product of the Dortmund academies. His stats don't look terrible, even if he's not playing in the Bundesliga (which just means he's probably still playing against better competition than here in the SL).

https://www.transfermarkt.com/marvin-ducksch/profil/spieler/125103

Oh and as the title below says, he was their player of the season. Seeing as how the rumors are that we're offering 1.5mm for him, I don't see why Hannover would accept a low-ball offer from us.

His numbers look good, but if we are to believe everything we've been told so far this off-season we aren't buying any players unless we sell someone, only signing free agents as happened. On paper he looks like a good fit, seems to be a better scorer than our current 2 up front, on paper at least.

Always difficult to judge a player when he's coming from a 2nd division but doesn't mean by any means he wouldn't excel in Greece

• Like it 1

Also true. Club needs someone to make an offer for Akpom post haste.

Ducksch actually played today in Hannover's 2-0 loss vs Werder Bremen (preseason friendly). Their game is on youtube for anyone interested.

Zivkovic has touched down in Thessaloniki, looks like he'll sign either today or tomorrow. Apparently he's only signing a 2 year deal, so clearly he's trying to just jump start his career and doesn't plan on being around too long. I don't mind that, but if he does indeed sign only for 2 years and he ends up being a very good player we'll either lose him for nothing or very cheap given his contract is so short. 

Don't get me wrong if we get 2 good years out of him it'll be great but a small thing like contract length is important as we try to grow as a club. In comparison Olympiakos signed Podence on a 5 year deal hence the massive price they got for him. 

He's probably making a lot less coming here, and was convinced he'd get a lot of playing time and exposure. Could be worse (like Oliveira for only six months)! I guess we'll see once he signs but there's always a chance we can re-sign him if we suddenly see some success.

Or maybe Tzolis will be so good in two years that we won't need him haha

Wow where did that come from! Nothing official yet but seems like the offer from Koln has been made. It's a good move for Limnios for sure, I think he's reached his ceiling in Greece. He is an honest hard working footballer who has pace to burn and can be dangerous if he's given space. I don't think he was going to get any better playing with us. 

In terms of the price, it is what it is I'm not expecting more than 3-4 million. He has limitations as a player no one was going to drop 10 million on him. 

For those who think Limnios is being sold on the cheap, just read that his contract was set to expire at the end of this season so we weren't in a strong bargaining position. Even if he was contracted beyond this season and COVID hadn't financially hit football I think the most we could've squeezed out of him would've been 6-7 million maybe. 

• Like it 1

The point with Limnios is he should've had his contract extended mid way through last season.  How you can have a player who is 22, is beginning to cement his place in the team, and don't extend his contract I don't understand.  Then again I'm still trying to work out why we have minimum fee clauses.  Overall, most unimpressed with our back office dealings.

Edited by Bananas
  • Like it 1

I’m not a fan of Limnios. He doesn’t play as good with us as with the a National Team. In saying that, I think 3mm is too little. All over the broadcast, they were calling him a future star. If he did well this nations league, and his name starts floating around with bigger and better teams, we could have sold him for at least 5-6mm.