Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2020

Blackhawk

Do you know if it was for a sale, or a loan? I saw a (very) unreliable thing about a loan earlier which seems silly to me. Plus, isn't he not making a particularly large amount of money? Not sure why such a desire to get rid of him, though if we got a good offer then it should obviously be considered.

I've thought all along that unless you can get someone head and shoulders better than Paschalakis he stays and is our starter. He is better than Zivkovic and we never really saw a lot of Rey (he's half way out the door anyway according to PAOK's media) 

Paschalakis makes mistakes, but he's capable of winning you a game. My issue is I don't think we're getting anyone to Greece who is going to be clearly better, it'll be a young kid coming for a lesser league or a more senior keeper that has probably ridden the bench at a mid-lower table team in a better league. It's an issue across the league, even Sa who most agree is the best keeper in Greece right now makes mistakes. He wasn't punished for them this season but I've seen multiple passages of play where he has mad pretty big blunders but the other team couldn't capitalize/defense covered him. Similar to Paschalakis in 18-19, even when he made errors he was rarely punished. 

My point is I think we have to live with mistakes in our keepers, remembering what league we play in. Pascha does have his flaws but when he's on he can be a wall and he's had massive games for us. His form stabilized in the play-offs, so unless it's an offer of 3-4 million I wouldn't be selling him. 

Crazy that we don't know what to do with our GKs. Sell Pashalakis, release Rey, have Melissas and Zivkovic compete for the starting spot. Call up a child once in a while when needed. Come on, people!

Miroslav Stoch and PAE PAOK have mutually ended their contract. He is now history and he will most likely go back to Slavia Prague. He had 2 years left on his contract with PAOK. Financial details were not released.

All of a sudden we are short on wingers. Jaba, Limnios, Warda. Three legit wingers. I consider Pelkas and Biseswar more AMC’s. A good winger is a game changer, especially in our league. Think of Mak, or Gary, or Podence/Valbuena. They change the game. 

Well Stoch 2.0 certainly didn't pan out.  He had a really good season for Slavia before he came so I really thought he was going to kill it in Greece.  There were definitely glimpses there but for some reason it just didn't happen.  Getting rid of his high wage is a plus.  That's Mauricio, Vieirinha and now Stoch gone.  Warda must be feeling more secure - time to start singing some songs - di bi di bi di bi dai ...

Latest rumors were that he was headed to Cyprus on a loan, which can't be right - why would we extend him just to send him on loan? No, it'll be a sale or he's staying on.

I wonder if Vieirinha running to daddy will pay out for him?

2 hours ago, Bananas said:

Well Stoch 2.0 certainly didn't pan out.  He had a really good season for Slavia before he came so I really thought he was going to kill it in Greece.  There were definitely glimpses there but for some reason it just didn't happen.  Getting rid of his high wage is a plus.  That's Mauricio, Vieirinha and now Stoch gone.  Warda must be feeling more secure - time to start singing some songs - di bi di bi di bi dai ...

He wasn't really given a proper chance. Barely started early in the season and was condemned to being on the bench/out of the squad a few months into the season. After his little blow up on social media he started getting minutes again and was actually solid and his set-pieces were worth half a goal a game. A little surprised they've let him go but I think this system Ferreira wants to play is less suited to wingers. That's why Limnios has been trialed as a right wing back, Jaba as a striker etc. 

If we do revert back to a 4-3-3 at some stage we still have 4 options. Jaba, Limnios, Tzolis and Warda. Although I wouldn't be playing Warda, he's been given plenty of chances and to me he isn't that great a player, not worth the hassle IMO. 

Omonia made an offer for Warda. If it is any decent amount I would sell him pronto. 

Today we let Diamantos and Gargalatzidis free in order for them to sign with OFI. PAOK retains resale option as well as re-signing option. Pretty good move.

Melissas free to Panaitolikos. Seems Wernbloom is finally gone as well.

-edit- reading now that we have a resale clause and also can re-sign him. How does re-signing a player work??

Edited by pash

So where do we stand now regarding FFP ?  With Vieirinha, Mauricio, Stoch and now Wernbloom departing, that’s pretty much our 4 top wages gone.  That would have to be 7 million or so reduction in the budget (including tax - a foreign concept in Greece).

2 hours ago, pash said:

Melissas free to Panaitolikos. Seems Wernbloom is finally gone as well.

-edit- reading now that we have a resale clause and also can re-sign him. How does re-signing a player work??

Re-sign I assume means, we have a buy back option so basically if we make an offer they are obligated to sell the player back to us. I've read about it happening in the Premier league I recall Chelsea having a buy back option for Ake who had been sold to Bournemouth. The 2 teams had set a date and after that date the option expired. 

5 hours ago, Bananas said:

So where do we stand now regarding FFP ?  With Vieirinha, Mauricio, Stoch and now Wernbloom departing, that’s pretty much our 4 top wages gone. That would have to be 7 million or so reduction in the budget (including tax - a foreign concept in Greece).

The wages are not completely gone In the case of Wernbloom (not official yet anyway) and Stoch. I am sure they demanded at least 50% of the future wages to terminate their contracts which we probably spread out with a payment plan in order to help with FFP. Wernbloom still has one year left in the contract and Stoch had 2 years left. So far only Mauricio and Vieirinha wages are completely gone.

Reports are that Vierinha is now willing to have a talk with front office about possible return. I see that happening right after the Besiktas game. He will probably agree to a 600K contract with substantial bonuses.

Next players to leave the team after the Besiktas game will probably be Warda and Paschalakis. Also Giannoulis and Limnios if we can get some good money for them.

Think of it this way - Wernbloom and Stoch were never going to start in this match. It's possible that Stoch might have been a sub, but I think it's unlikely...if the end result of them both leaving is that we save even just a million this year, the team will probably think it's a good trade-off.

Giannoulis and Limnios are a bigger problem long-term; it all depends on who replaces them I guess. The thing is, Ferreira also deserves a chance to build his own team. I can't complain TOO much about players leaving; just have to hope that enough good ones come in to make it worthwhile.

5 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

The wages are not completely gone In the case of Wernbloom (not official yet anyway) and Stoch. I am sure they demanded at least 50% of the future wages to terminate their contracts which we probably spread out with a payment plan in order to help with FFP. Wernbloom still has one year left in the contract and Stoch had 2 years left. So far only Mauricio and Vieirinha wages are completely gone.

Reports are that Vierinha is now willing to have a talk with front office about possible return. I see that happening right after the Besiktas game. He will probably agree to a 600K contract with substantial bonuses.

Next players to leave the team after the Besiktas game will probably be Warda and Paschalakis. Also Giannoulis and Limnios if we can get some good money for them.

Fair call regarding the wages not being completely gone.

Regarding Vieirinha, I think 600K plus bonuses is fair for both parties.  If he performs like he did in the title winning season, then throw the money at him.

What's with the constant rumors of Paschalakis leaving ?  Is he unhappy ?  Am I missing something.  Even though his form was down last season, he locked down the number 1 position towards the end of the season.  I don't see what all the fuss is about unless we have plans to bring in someone much better, which I doubt given our budget problems.

28 minutes ago, pash said:

Giannoulis and Limnios are a bigger problem long-term; it all depends on who replaces them I guess. The thing is, Ferreira also deserves a chance to build his own team. I can't complain TOO much about players leaving; just have to hope that enough good ones come in to make it worthwhile.

I am not hopeful of bringing in comparable replacements but I will be more than happy to eat my words.  The only TD we had in recent times that brought in players that were clearly much better than what we had was Michel.  He basically built the team that won the title.

Branko was only good for looking serious at press conferences but basically has brought us some average players and so far an average manager all at expensive prices.

I hope the new German TD turns out better.

• Like it 1

Re: our goalie -

DUDE I HAVE NO IDEA! Like, he's not exactly on crazy wages. This whole thing makes no sense to me. If he is agitating to leave, then he's definitely keeping it very quiet. I know at least one of the instagram fan pages did some legwork and identified two or three teams that it could potentially be, but none of them seemed impressive to me. That being the case....why go?