Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Summer 2020

Blackhawk

We were never gonna get the full clause for Giannoulis, at least not without him turning heads in the CL. I think best we can hope for is 3mm + 25% resale. Hopefully we do get offers for both him and Limnios.

Signing Vieirinha at a lower wage and successfully offloading at least half of Wernbloom's (and *not* trying to re-sign Mauricio) should also help a little as well. I expect the club to go to the very limits of what they can spend, though. No cutting beyond what's strictly necessary.

FFP is bullshit when your own president is funding the team from his own pocket without endangering the team. Sure wanna level the field in EUROPE? Then limit the big teams, but not the smaller teams that want to grow.

• Like it 1

I wanted to share this in light of the repeated claims that Fenerbahce wants Akpom. This is very recent and their situation has obviously not improved in these few days. There is no way Fenerbahce has the funds to make a really serious offer to us, but we might still be inspired to accept it. Perhaps with a resale rate attached? Who knows. Personally, having Tzolis and Gaitanidis as backups to Swiderski wouldn't be the worst thing in the world (though I don't think they'd score many goals personally).

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/10/sports/soccer/turkey-lig-besaksehir.html?action=click&module=Features&pgtype=Homepage

The first things that need to be addressed are the contract situations with Vieirinha and Mauricio. Vieirinha will probably be signed, but if Mauricio is not signed very soon we need to look for a replacement prior to our CL game. That's probably where the Milanov rumor comes into play.

I am starting to have doubts about Misic as well. Rumors I heard is that he is going through chemotherapy. If that is the case he is probably done playing for a while, and I don't see PAOK spending the big money that we need to pay his team. Time will tell.

He's been linked with them for a while now and I say we let him go.

Stafylidis also linked with Trabzonspor. Interesting that they can afford him when they are banned from UEFA competitions due to FFP violations.

When does the transfer window open, anyway? August 1st?

Seeing new rumors of Limnios being linked to Torino. They can certainly afford him, though who knows how accurate the rumors are. They seem kind of stocked up at winger, IMO

I doubt Vieirinha will go and def expect him to take a pay cut, but if Lucescu can give him a big final pay day, then good on him.

Limnios is trending to be like Kitsiou (who is also rumored to be coming back to Greece, this time to play for PAO) - a good player who fails to take that next step. Sell sooner than later.

Also now seeing that Lucescu's team is expected to make an offer for Biseswar. His wages aren't crazy and we won't make a lot off of him but I still think this is a good opportunity for both sides.

I'm gonna modify that just a little - if we make it to the group stage, the four or five players we need to lose are not going to be the difference maker, judging by their recent performance.

No way we drop like, 10 players.

The clear out (If there is going to be any) will happen after the CL/EL qualifiers. Before our first CL qualifying game we might drop maybe one or two players and sign one or two.

As for our chances, I think this year is our best chance.

Read in one site that there is an agreement to pay 2mm for Misic, in two installments. But in another site that it's 2mm for 50% of his rights. Is this like playing the telephone game? A few people hear a rumor, pass it along, and when it gets out the other end it's turned into all sorts of other things?