Phantis Forums

2020-2021 Nations League

Blackhawk

Kosovo just tied Moldova who are 175th overall in the FIFA rankings. Even though we didn't play great we controlled the game, we definitely lack finishers who can put the ball in the net. I still think this is a step forward as the previous NT under a different coach would have found a way to concede a late goal. This is an okay result which we can continue to build on. 

Van’t Schip has to find a solution to our scoring problems. I think it’s the service. Limnios and Giannoulis can provide skill and speed. They can also provide service from the wing. It isn’t enough though. Pavlidis tried to get into space and brought others into play. We need something more from the CMs. Zeca and Kourbelis don’t provide good enough service. They are bad technically. Maybe Zeca should be a RB and Kourbelis a CB. They both don’t offer anything in attack. 

Also if we are chasing a goal we should’ve taken off one of Zeca or Kourbelis and bring on Fountas with Pavlidis upfront. No point having Fountas by himself. 

• Like it 1

JVS post game.. Tsimikas will be ready to play.. JVS apparently was very happy with the performance.. I personally think we threw away 3 points but it’s the first time together in about 10 months so I wasn’t really expecting a dynamic performance. I do think changes need to be made for the Kosovo game on Sunday.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=share&v=jQ0UTIWSrhE

Edited by J1078
  • Like it 1

3 hours ago, AchillesHeel said:

Kinda disappointing performance. While Siovas and Svarnas were both steady there was a definite difference in the transition without Staf and Hatzidiakos helping to move up the middle....also more back peddling than the previous games. We were predictably attacking from the flanks and the crosses coming in were handled easily by the bigger bodied Slovenian defenders.

We were the better side and there positive stretches during the game for sure but I think JVS was not terribly happy with the outcome....I'm sure he'll be tweaking things for the next match.

On the bright side the 1 good chance Slovenia had on goal didn't go in so that's a plus.

Yes that pretty much sums it. We were controlling the game for large stretches. The commentator said Slovenia didn’t get out of there own half with the ball for almost 15 minutes to start the second half. Greece had a few chances to win the match Pavlidis stubbed at his shot. We are missing a dominant centre forward like a Mitroglou was in his prime and I hope Fountas can be that guy. I’m not so sure if Pavlidis will get there and Koulouris doesn’t have it in him from what I’ve seen so far.

3 hours ago, J1078 said:

JVS post game.. Tsimikas will be ready to play.. JVS apparently was very happy with the performance.. I personally think we threw away 3 points but it’s the first time together in about 10 months so I wasn’t really expecting a dynamic performance. I do think changes need to be made for the Kosovo game on Sunday.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=share&v=jQ0UTIWSrhE

Greece were missing Fortounis in this match more than anything else he has that quality to have opened up Slovenia. Also our free kicks lacked delivery another area were he would have made a difference. As I said I just hope we can beat Kosovo in convincing fashion.

• Like it 1

He was left out of the squad because he was sick apparently and given the current climate they left him at the hotel. JVS said he expects him to train today and be available for the Kosovo match. 

I don't think he would've played regardless, JVS seemed keen to reward the players that had served him well in the previous 4 games. Interesting to see if he gets the start on Sunday. 

• Like it 1

Positives: Slovenia was terrible and considering that they re the 2nd best team after us in this Group, it makesm e feel optimistic.
Negatives:  Everything else. We keep the result but this team will be unable to break ANY defence in the upcomming future if changes are not made. No matter how much possession and how impossible it is for other teams to get through our defences.