Phantis Forums

Cup-QF-L1: PAOK - Panathinaikos (05-Feb-20, 21:30 EET)

Blackhawk

PAOK.jpg.ca07001feadb6df87300740aa75bc8c1.jpg VS  PAO.png.af0b7d6bcb87ecb948f4db11ca53899e.png

MATCHUP:            P.A.O.K. Thessaloniki - Panathinaikos Athens
COMPETITION:    Greek Cup – Semifinal – Leg 1
DATE:                     05-Februaty-2020
TIME:                     21:30 EET (19:30 UTC, 13:20 CST, 06:30 AEDT next day)
CITY/STADIUM:   Thessaloniki – Toumba Stadium (Capacity: 28,703)
REFEREES:            Sandro Scharer - Josipic Sladan, Zohaj Bekim (Switzerland)
TELEVISION:        COSMOTE Sport 1 (Greece), Cytavision Sports 6 (Cyprus), Antenna Satellite/Pacific (USA, Canada/Australia)

PAOK – Panathinaikos Greek Cup history:    

2016-2017:  SF – Leg 2:  PAOK – Panathinaikos  4:0  (Pelkas, Matos, Shakhov, Prijovic) - Attendance: ?
2016-2017:  SF – Leg 1:  Panathinaikos - PAOK  2:0 - Attendance: 10,000

2013-2014:  FINAL:          PAOK – Panathinaikos  1:4 (Vukic-p) - Attendance: 44,356 (OAKA Stadium)

2006-2007:  QF – Leg 2:  Panathinaikos - PAOK  3:1 et (Georgiadis) - Attendance: 23,747
2006-2007:  QF – Leg 1:  PAOK – Panathinaikos  2:1 (Konstantinidis, Mieciel) - Attendance: 13,924

1993-1994:  R3 – Leg 2:  PAOK – Panathinaikos  0:0  4:5 pen. - Attendance: 14,690
1993-1994:  R3 – Leg 1:  Panathinaikos - PAOK  0:0 - Attendance: 3,532

1990-1991:  SF – Leg 2:  PAOK – Panathinaikos  1:0 (Skartados) - Attendance: 25,918
1990-1991:  SF – Leg 1:  Panathinaikos - PAOK  2:0 - Attendance: 18,607

1984-1985:  SF – Leg 2:  PAOK – Panathinaikos  4:0 (Siggas, Kostikos, Alexandridis, Karasavidis) - Attendance: 40,561
1984-1985:  SF – Leg 1:  Panathinaikos - PAOK  2:0 - Attendance: 48,104

1981-1982:  SF – Leg 2:  PAOK – Panathinaikos  1:0 (Koudas) - Attendance: 38,774
1981-1982:  SF – Leg 1:  Panathinaikos - PAOK  2:0 - Attendance: 24,000

1976-1977:  FINAL:          PAOK – Panathinaikos  1:2 (Terzanidis) - Attendance: 28,490 (Karaiskaki Stadium)

1972-1973:  QF:                PAOK – Panathinaikos  2:0 (Paridis 2) - Attendance: 38,869

1971-1972:  FINAL:          PAOK – Panathinaikos  2:1 (Koudas 2) - Attendance: 34,831 (Karaiskaki Stadium)

1970-1971:  QF:                PAOK – Panathinaikos  3:2 (Sarafis, Paridis, own goal) - Attendance: 28,830

1967-1968:  QF:                PAOK – Panathinaikos  1:2 et (?) - Attendance: 12,263

1954-1955:  FINAL:          PAOK – Panathinaikos  0:2 - Attendance: 6,729 (Leoforos Alexandras)

1950-1951:  SF:                 PAOK – Panathinaikos  1:0  (Papadakis) - Attendance: ?

1948-1949:  QF:                 PAOK – Panathinaikos  0:1 - Attendance: ?

GAMES:  21   WINS:  9   TIES:  3      LOSSES:   9

Αντικειμενικά, αυτός ο Παναθηναϊκός δεν θα είχε καμία τύχη με την περσινή ομάδα του Λουτσέσκου. Τώρα με την ομάδα ξενερωμένη και τους παίκτες αλλού γι' αλλού είναι μεγάλο ερωτηματικό. Το σίγουρο είναι ότι οι αντίπαλοι μας πήραν τον αέρα με 2-2 και 2-0 και σίγουρα δεν θα φοβηθούν το παιχνίδι. Ενδιαφέρουσα χρονιά με 6 συνολικά ματς κόντρα στον Παναθηναϊκό.

ΟΚ, μας κέρδισαν και ήταν καλύτεροι. Αλλά βλέπω τα κλασικά σάλια από διάφορους για τον Δώνη και καλύτερος Έλληνας προπονητής και τα ρέστα. Δε θα τον μάθουμε τον Δώνη το 2020. Έλεος πια... Μπράβο του γι' αυτά που πετυχαίνει (να είναι 4ος δηλαδή) αλλά ως εκεί.

BIG rotation needed. Both because of the physical issues noted in the other thread, and because of the spark that seems to be missing from these starters. Fortunately we have the quality on the bench to play a new-look squad. Let's see if he does it.

I hope this is correct: https://inpaok.com/630985/skepsis-gia-allages-apo-fereira-2/. I'm not convinced Augusto is the better choice in the middle (vs Esiti) but Misic needs to play where he's most effective (and that ain't up top).

My hope:

--Pashalakis--

--Matos--Varela--Ingason--Giannoulis--

--Misic--Augusto--

--Limnios--                       --Lamprou--

--Pelkas--Akpom--

I bet you Vieirinha and Swiderski will start though.

Lineup that I would field as well. I think Augusto is a better pick in this game. We are home and we are expected to dominate the game with offense. The only think that would worry me is that our left side would be exposed since Lambrou does not come back to defend. In yesterday's game Panathinaikos successfully exploited our weakness on that side. The Akpom/Swiderski dilemma is not that big in my opinion.

I will say one thing. El Kaddouri is definitively missing from this team. Ever since he went down, the team has struggled. 

We do have some other options that will defend - Biseswar is an obvious choice to start on the left, and at least he's not out of shape. But he's maybe our most out-of-form attacking player. Pelkas definitely has the legs to cover the ground on the left side, but I think he's more effective up the middle. It wouldn't be shocking to me to see both start though.

Another plus for Augusto - he's faster than Esiti, which can be helpful in the middle.

You know I like El Kaddouri, but I don't think his absence is the issue. The team no matter who plays sucks. It's not that the players are bad, but they don't have faith anymore. The complain, don't count on each other. They look afraid. No matter if Esiti or Douglas plays it'll be the same. Swiderski or Akpom the same. Pelkas or Biseswar or Vieirinha the same.

And by the way, I don't think the players are old. We play one game per week for God's sake. They cannot be tired or anything else. One game a week... Now if they lost interest or motivation that's a different story. It's up to the coach to help the team. Will he be able to do so? Aris' loss didn't do much. Will Panathinaikos' loss do something to their ego? If yes, I can see us winning this game 3-0.

Here's the list:

Πασχαλάκη, Παπαδόπουλο, Ροντρίγκο, Βαρέλα, Ίνγκασον, Γιαννούλη, Μιχαηλίδη, Βιεϊρίνια, Ντόουγκλας, Μαουρίσιο, Μίσιτς, Εσίτι, Πέλκα, Μπίσεσβαρ, Λάμπρου, Λημνιό, Σφιντέρσκι, Άκπομ

So Zovikovic (not surprising since it's a cup game) and Matos are out. Weird that Mihaj is also not on the team.

Swiss crew to call this game even though the two linesmen's names point out to Bosnian connections.

My lineup for the game:

-------------------- Paschalakis --------------------
Rodrigo - Ingason - Varela - Giannoulis
------------- Misic ----------- Augusto -----------
Limnios   ------------------------------- Lambrou
----------------------- Pelkas ---------------------------
----------------------- Akpom --------------------------

39 minutes ago, Blackhawk said:

Swiss crew to call this game even though the two linesmen's names point out to Bosnian connections.

The same that was to officiate last years game away at Olympiakos only to be replaced by another Swiss due to an injury.

Would you seriously start Lambrou? I don't think it's fair for him to take such responsibility. 

------------- Misic ----------- Mauricio -----------
Limnios   ------------------------------- Biseswar

• Like it 1

1 hour ago, Yiankos said:

Would you seriously start Lambrou? I don't think it's fair for him to take such responsibility. 

------------- Misic ----------- Mauricio -----------
Limnios   ------------------------------- Biseswar

Im with Yiankos, and agree we need biseswar to add some experiance to this team that seems to be roaming aimlessly, pelkas & limnios will provide the speed.