Jump to content
Phantis Forums

Euro 2020 Group J - Greece-Finland (18 Nov. 2019, Olympic Stadium, Athens)


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It’s funny how players like Mantalos and Bakasetas were whipping boys for criticism yet now we are starting to see what they are capable of playing in a system that actually lets them play. The team i

I’m against bringing back Sokratis and Manolas. I believe we need to start building for the next tournament and beyond. I appreciate and thank Sokratis, Manolas, Torosidis and co for all they’ve done

Dude, these players are done. Especially Papastathopoulos. I ended up going to the stadium last night and it was the first time I have seen such an attacking Greece side. It was an absolute pleas

6 hours ago, Torontoblue said:

There it is. Greece beats a Finland team that didn't care and now we will qualify for the next World Cup. ???

Guys we are an embarrassment to the world. Don't even put your shirts on next summer. People will laugh. We are a long way off. Next summer we will again watch from the sidelines. 

Oh shame on us. 

Dude you are an idiot.. what are you even talking about? You come on here and have nothing positive to say.. You make these smart ass sarcastic comments.. You can feel and think what you want no one cares but for everyone else that is somewhat knowledgeable about soccer can see a drastic change in the way the team has looked.. Maybe they make the World Cup maybe they don’t who the f..k knows but at the end of the day the team is looking good and people have the right to feel optimistic wether you agree or not.. Your the type of guy that just wants to come on and say I told you so if they don’t qualify but honestly know one gives a s%$#! dude.. So the fans should not feel optimistic at all right? They should be as negative as you are... Laugh all you want but me personally I like what I saw from the team ever since they played Italy but there is no point in wasting my time on you because you will find something negative to say regardless..

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Torontoblue said:

There it is. Greece beats a Finland team that didn't care and now we will qualify for the next World Cup. ???

Guys we are an embarrassment to the world. Don't even put your shirts on next summer. People will laugh. We are a long way off. Next summer we will again watch from the sidelines. 

Oh shame on us. 

Says TO blue the Egleso!! 1966 and counting. Lol.. 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

We haven't had 3 wins in a row since 2015. That means something. No matter uninterested or not. Apart from that, team has been underperforming and they proved it.

Manolas and MAYBE Sokratis need to come back. Sokratis burst over saying that SOMETHING NEEDS TO CHANGE actually brought change. He cares for the team and he has been with it in 2 WCs and a Euro. 

 

Ιf it is enough to make our NT step up and qualify for something soon, that's not sure. Sokratis belongs there though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Manolas maybe a world class defender, but at times he can cost you games with some bone headed plays. Sokratis is finished, slow as hell and does not position with strikers well. 

Edited by Molon Lave
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

This captain Stafy is getting the required respect atm, if any Mykonos fc players were to actually come into the future squads, that may well rock the culture again. Thats the chance that we need not risk. Think Retsos, Hatzi Stafy and Siova instead.

  • Like it 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, ausgreek said:

This captain Stafy is getting the required respect atm, if any Mykonos fc players were to actually come into the future squads, that may well rock the culture again. Thats the chance that we need not risk. Think Retsos, Hatzi Stafy and Siova instead.

That s%$#! he tried to pull on Pukki had me pulling my hair.. I don’t understand why he thought to flick the ball back over the most inform striker in the group... I like stafylidis but he is not the CB Greece needs. And we really need an aerial threat in this line up which should atleast come from the CBs

  • Like it 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Bardouuu said:

That s%$#! he tried to pull on Pukki had me pulling my hair.. I don’t understand why he thought to flick the ball back over the most inform striker in the group... I like stafylidis but he is not the CB Greece needs. And we really need an aerial threat in this line up which should atleast come from the CBs

As long as Stafy is skipper, that's the deal. Replace him then get in an aerial threat. He is there now, the team has won 3 in a row. There is no place atm for Mykonos fc CB's..they may want to sing some R & B songs on a CD or something .

Edited by ausgreek
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, ausgreek said:

As long as Stafy is skipper, that's the deal. Replace him then get in an aerial threat. He is there now, the team has won 3 in a row. There is no place atm for Mykonos fc CB's..they may want to sing some R & B songs on a CD or something .

I agree. Results speak. 

  • Like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

As good as Stafy was, he is 10x good at LB. Put him at CB vs teams like Liechtenstein and Armenia and everything is fine.

Put him vs Solid opposition with decent Targetmen like Suarez, Lukaku, Firmino and he ll be joked on.

Hatzidiakos is also short, 1,81 , for CB.

What the coach did was to put 2 CBs who re good with their feet and can create play from the back vs small teams and it worked wonders. That does not work for every opposition.

Manolas and Sokratis are needed as long as they have a talk with EPO and the team wants them back.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

He keeps Staf at CB csuse he reverts to 3 @ the back in attack, and this way he moves Giannoulis into left midfield.

Jvs (vhs) loves Giannoulis and promotes him further up. Then Staf plays left CB.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I hope Manolas and Soc are seriously considered in 2020. See  how it goes with a different coach and captain, either Stafy or Fortounis.

We will need the full compliment of talent to be available.

Edited by ausgreek
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ausgreek said:

I hope Manolas and Soc are seriously considered in 2020. See  how it goes with a different coach and captain, either Stafy or Fortounis.

We will need the full compliment of talent to be available.

 No. Have you seen sokratis play lately? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ausgreek said:

I hope Manolas and Soc are seriously considered in 2020. See  how it goes with a different coach and captain, either Stafy or Fortounis.

We will need the full compliment of talent to be available.

I thought you were against bringing back Manolas and Sokratis...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes but only if the form warrants a recall., they should be in the mix, not blacklisted though. Its not the go.

My CB's by September 2020, looking at it from now would be Retsos and Hatzidiakos/Manolas.

Staf is good but by then in September 2020, should go back to LB unless Giannoulis stays there and Staf misses out on starting. If that happens I have Fortounus as captain but Bakasetas goes to the bench.

I have my doubts with Staf at CB for September tbh cause we need more height, considering Gala and Kourbelis are not very tall either.

It was right not to play Manolas and Soc this year, to clear the air thats for sure.

Edited by ausgreek
  • Like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly think I wouldn't bring them back. We are building something good right now why do we want to take the chance to rock the boat with these guys as they seem to have in there mind that they control the team and if they don't agree with something or they get benched for a younger player I don't think it will sit well with them.. time to move on from them.. I don't see them coming here and just letting the coach do what he wants to do. can you imagine Manolas or Socrates sitting on the bench and not playing?? they would cause a stink about it. They caused a huge issue with the previous coach because Toro wasn't called up to the squad and that's why you need to keep guys like this away from the NT. On there play alone they would be a big help but its not worth it for me to disrupt the culture and confidence JVS has started to build with the team. 

Edited by J1078
  • Like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, ausgreek said:

Staf is good but by then in September 2020, should go back to LB unless Giannoulis stays there and Staf misses out on starting. If that happens I have Fortounus as captain but Bakasetas goes to the bench.

Staf is bit of a headache but we dont have any games for a while to see what happens.

He is obviously JVS's pick as captain but how far can we go with this... he's not a great CB and the other guys at LB are actually much better IMO, you cant start Staf over Giannoulis or Tsimikas or Koutris (when he has match sharpness). I think, ultimately, we need a new captain and I am sure that's not too hard to fix now days without Mykonos FC. 

BTW, I have not seen Sokratis play of late but hear many different reports

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, J1078 said:

They caused a huge issue with the previous coach because Toro wasn't called up to the squad and that's why you need to keep guys like this away from the NT. 

You just striked a nerve of mine reading that... that statement alone speaks volumes about this debate

  • Like it 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Alphonse said:

Staf is bit of a headache but we dont have any games for a while to see what happens.

He is obviously JVS's pick as captain but how far can we go with this... he's not a great CB and the other guys at LB are actually much better IMO, you cant start Staf over Giannoulis or Tsimikas or Koutris (when he has match sharpness). I think, ultimately, we need a new captain and I am sure that's not too hard to fix now days without Mykonos FC. 

BTW, I have not seen Sokratis play of late but hear many different reports

Yes I agree, to beat a heavyweight you need heavyweights in their respective positions. Retsos, Hatzi, Siovas Manolas Soc & Mavropanos in the mix for CB.

Should get 2 friendlies in March.

Edited by ausgreek
Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m against bringing back Sokratis and Manolas. I believe we need to start building for the next tournament and beyond. I appreciate and thank Sokratis, Manolas, Torosidis and co for all they’ve done for us. It’s time to move on...

The youngsters have proven to be reliable and we should build on that. We should looking to improve the CB, RB and CAM position in my opinion. Stafylidis shouldn’t play at CB against heavyweights. Bakasetas isn’t going to be as effective against heavyweights in my opinion. Mavropanos and Retsos seem to be injury prone and until they perform and play week in and week out then I don’t see them being in contention even though I would like them to be. 

Siovas is getting old and will be 33 next year. Lampropoulos is only there because Risvanis, Goutas and Oikonomou are playing in the GSL. That’s my opinion. Risvanis would and could be a good addition at CB. If Stafy gets dropped then he can’t play LB. Giannoulis has been in terrific form there. Koutris and Tsimikas have done well there for Greece too.

  • Like it 3
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/25/2019 at 11:30 PM, Dean97 said:

I’m against bringing back Sokratis and Manolas. I believe we need to start building for the next tournament and beyond. I appreciate and thank Sokratis, Manolas, Torosidis and co for all they’ve done for us. It’s time to move on...

The youngsters have proven to be reliable and we should build on that. We should looking to improve the CB, RB and CAM position in my opinion. Stafylidis shouldn’t play at CB against heavyweights. Bakasetas isn’t going to be as effective against heavyweights in my opinion. Mavropanos and Retsos seem to be injury prone and until they perform and play week in and week out then I don’t see them being in contention even though I would like them to be. 

Siovas is getting old and will be 33 next year. Lampropoulos is only there because Risvanis, Goutas and Oikonomou are playing in the GSL. That’s my opinion. Risvanis would and could be a good addition at CB. If Stafy gets dropped then he can’t play LB. Giannoulis has been in terrific form there. Koutris and Tsimikas have done well there for Greece too.

Sokratis and Manolas did alot for us going back to the Euro 2012 and 2014 wcup but the crap they pulled in this campaign going back to matches with Italy and Armenia screwed us. Had to sit and watch the Euro draw with a mediocre Finland taking our place, just so pissed with those guys right now!!

  • Like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Lazarus changed the title to Euro 2020 Group J - Greece-Finland (18 Nov. 2019, Olympic Stadium, Athens)
  • Dutch Eagle locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...