Phantis Forums

Euro 2020 Group J - Armenia-Greece (15 November 2019, Vazgan Sargsyan Republican Stadium,Yerevan)

Dutch Eagle

2 minutes ago, Molon Lave said:

How on Earth did Greece lose to those guys? 

Dark times, my friend. With van't Schip, the results aren't where we need them to be yet, but you can at least see what he's trying to do, and signs that it can work.

13 minutes ago, CPAN1989 said:

If this group with Fortounis plays the entire qualifying we would of ran away with 2nd in this group

Definitely, we have way more talent than Finland and Bosnia which we showed last match vs the Bosnians. What could have been?

• Like it 1

Could easily have won 3-0.. With the exception of 5-7 mins after the half they did not threaten us at all. Otherwise we looked very organized. The LB & LW going forward needs to be Limnios and Giannoulis.

Edited by CPAN1989
  • Like it 1

Another step in the right direction. We could have scored a couple.. So many positives.. Our passing and ball movement and pressing forward all together has been excellent.. The first time In years I heard the announcer say “Greece are continuing to play attractive football under JVS” when was the last time we ever heard that? It seems like who ever JVS puts in they are all buying into the same system.. Can’t wait for Fortounis to come back.. I’m loving what I’m seeing.

Edited by J1078
  • Like it 3

1 minute ago, J1078 said:

Another step in the right direction. We could have scored a couple.. So many positives.. Our passing and ball movement and pressing forward all together has been excellent.. The first time In years I heard the announcer say “Greece are continuing to play attractive football” when was the last time we ever heard that? It seems like who ever JVS puts in they are all buying them not the same system.. Can’t wait for Fortounis to come back as soon m loving what I’m seeing.

Yes. A dominant performance should have been 3-0. Masouras missed one of the easiest goals you will see. There Gk made a few incredible saves. Greece has 60% possession and 20 attempts. Wait until we have Fortounis in the lineup. JVS has us playing fluid attacking football. Just need to work on the finishing. I'm looking forward to WCUP qualifying give us England or Switzerland in pot 1 and will be competitive. 

• Like it 1

Giannoulis looked good but so did Tsimakis the last time we played.  Mantalos is a good player but not on the wing, would have preferred Massouras/Donis there. Limnios has cemented his claim as the LW.  Pavlidis seems to be doing the same as the striker.  The duo of Kourbalis/Galanopoulos did well.  The two CBs weren't tested.   Koulouris doesn't seem like a good fit with the ethniki yet. Would like to see the new kid get a look, but overall, we are heading in the right direction.

• Like it 2

Good win. Moving in the right direction. How did we not finish 2nd in this group? Qualification should have happened. Can't believe another tournament we are not there. That's 3 in a row. Next summer will be hard again. 

At least we will move up a bit. But we are still screwed for next tournament. Europe only gets 13 spots. 10 will be the 1st place teams and 3 will come from nations cup. If we are able to beat Finland we will move up. But we will still probably end up in pot 3 for qualifying. But could still be pot 4. 

Cant see us toping any group as a 1st place.  And for the Nations cup it will be the top 6 starting in group A and working its way down.  We are in Group C so that pretty much kills it. 

Probably Euro 2024 is our best shot at being at another tournament. Unless this goes to s%$#! again. Lol ??