Phantis Forums

Euro 2020 Group J - Italy vs Greece (12 Oct. 2019, Stadio Olimpico, Rome)

ausgreek

5 hours ago, AchillesHeel said:

I think this is mainly PAOK press pushing for their boy....

Highly doubt it. PAOK friendly press and mainly PAOK fans don't want any of their player to play for the NT as long as it run incompetent and corrupted people. We don't need injuries to our key player in a meaningless game. Personally I don't care if Paschalakis starts, but I don't want Limnios and Giannoulis who are in great form currently to play in the upcoming two games.

Greece could get smoked in this game based on the results of the previous game where Italy dashed to a 3-0 and then coasted while on the road. At home they (Italy) will put in subs who may want to score in front of the home crowd and run up the score. 

I do, however, think it's a real plus that none of the regular veterans are there this weekend for Greece. The young players have nothing to lose and they have a chance to showcase themselves for the future. I hope they play well no matter what the final score and they continue that play against BHG. 

17 hours ago, La Mendel said:

I guess this guy will be sacked after some more disastrous results and eight or ten months. Then EPO will perhaps try to find a proper head coach.

Look at all the 'proper coaches' we have had..one replaced Fortounis with Tzioli$ when we needed to chase the match..this guy has the coconuts to enforce change..embrace him..after all he coached in the A League holmes!!!

Edited by ausgreek
  • Like it 3

im certain we will lose. But I'm praying it's not an embarrassment and we can show some fight. 

This campaign is over and realistically we don't have a chance for the World Cup because only 13 European teams qualify. 

Hopefully we can rebuild for the European championship in 2024

Finland are just getting drilled in Bosnia, they are an average side no way Greece should have lost to them with that needless penalty. We were looking sharp after the Bosnia match & could have had all three points. The infighting between Sokratis & Mantalos towards Ange sabotaged this campaign, along with not having our most dynamic player Fortounis. 

If JVS can get the right mix of players and avoid injuries to key players and have them check there egos at the door we will be right in the mix for the 2022 world cup. 

6 minutes ago, Ellada2004 said:

Finland are just getting drilled in Bosnia, they are an average side no way Greece should have lost to them with that needless penalty. We were looking sharp after the Bosnia match & could have had all three points. The infighting between Sokratis & Mantalos towards Ange sabotaged this campaign, along with not having our most dynamic player Fortounis. 

If JVS can get the right mix of players and avoid injuries to key players and have them check there egos at the door we will be right in the mix for the 2022 world cup. 

Your dreaming about the World Cup. There's only 13 spots ,10 group winners and plus best 3rd 2nd place and 3 best nations league teams fight for last 3 spots. Greece can forget nations Cup because being in group c. And we will be seeded so lowly that it will be impossible to finish 1st or even one of the 3 best 2nd place. 

Emphasis should be rebuilding in time for 2024 Euros

13 minutes ago, Torontoblue said:

Your dreaming about the World Cup. There's only 13 spots ,10 group winners and plus best 3rd 2nd place and 3 best nations league teams fight for last 3 spots. Greece can forget nations Cup because being in group c. And we will be seeded so lowly that it will be impossible to finish 1st or even one of the 3 best 2nd place. 

Emphasis should be rebuilding in time for 2024 Euros

I still think we have the players, they just need time together to build chem

This is s%$#! in my opinion, we don’t need to see what Bakasetas brings we already know that, I would have like to seen donis and fetfa on the wings. Wow seems Vlacho is now the third string net minder.. Not what I was expecting to see at all..

Πασχαλάκης, Μπακάκης, Χατζηδιάκος, Σιόβας, Σταφυλίδης, Μπουχαλάκης, Ζέκα, Κουρμπέλης, Μπακασέτας, Λημνιός, Κουλούρης.

Edited by J1078
  • Thanks 1

ITALY

21 Donnarumma(GK)

2 D'Ambrosio

6 Verratti

7 Spinazzola

8 Jorginho

10 Insigne

14 Chiesa

15 Acerbi

17 Immobile

18 Barrella

19 Bonucci(Captain)

BENCH

1 Sirigu(GK)

12 Meret(GK)

3 Biraghi

4 Cristante

5 Izzo

9 Belotti

11 Grifo

13 Romagnoli

16 Zaniolo

20 Bernardeschi

22 El Shaarawy

23 Mancini

Manager: Roberto Mancini(ITA)

GREECE

12 Paschalakis(GK)

2 Bakakis

3 Stafylidis(Captain)

5 Siovas

6 Bouchalakis

8 Zeca

9 Koulouris

14 Bakasetas

17 Chatzidiakos

18 Limnios

21 Kourbelis

BENCH

1 Vlachodimos(GK)

13 Dioudis(GK)

4 Lampropoulos

7 Siopis

10 Fetfatzidis

11 Donis

15 Galanopoulos

16 Pavlidis

19 Vrousai

20 Mantalos

22 Giannoulis

23 Koutris

Manager: John van't Schip(NED)

Team is largely made up of inexperienced players, players who have disappointed, who have been shunned in the past or who have failed at club and international level.

This will be interesting.

It’s too early in the morning to be watching a horror movie.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, J1078 said:

This is s%$#! in my opinion, we don’t need to see what Bakasetas brings we already know that, I would have like to seen donis and fetfa on the wings. Wow seems Vlacho is now the third string net minder.. Not what I was expecting to see at all..

Πασχαλάκης, Μπακάκης, Χατζηδιάκος, Σιόβας, Σταφυλίδης, Μπουχαλάκης, Ζέκα, Κουρμπέλης, Μπακασέτας, Λημνιός, Κουλούρης.

Exactly if JVS is leaving out Sokratis and Manolas ( even though I believe manolas should have played today) too see what new players can offer than why is he starting Bakasetas? Hasn't he watched his games under Skibbe and Ange?