Phantis Forums

2020 (2021) Tokyo Olympics

Blackhawk

2 minutes ago, Antaeus7 said:

GREECE BEATS HUNGARY 9-6! THEY ARE HEADING TO THE GOLD MEDAL GAME! 
FIRST EVER OLYMPIC MEDAL FOR THE GREEK MEN'S WATER POLO TEAM! 

Would greece be the favorites against Spain or Serbia?

Edited by paokara777

Greece is ranked #2 in the world according to FINA
In this match, I think Greece are the underdogs. Serbia are the defending Olympic champions from 2016. Spain has a solid team. They too can play defense like Greece. 

Edited by Antaeus7
  • Like it 1

A good showing by Antigoni Drisbioti. She finished 8th place with a season's best of 1:31:24. Kiriaki Filtisakou finished 29th at 1:36:51. Penny Tsinopoulou finished 53rd place at 1:47:19. 

Edited by Antaeus7
  • Like it 1

1 hour ago, Antaeus7 said:

Serbia beats Spain 10-9 to face Greece for the gold medal. Spain will have to fight for bronze against Hungary.  

I actually prefer Serbia to Spain.

Still a team to be respected, but Spain has been very good at this olympics

Excellent showing by our water polo team against a powerhouse Hungary. Our best ever showing in the Olympics. Now that we got all the way to this point we have to go give it all for the gold. This will be a tough match, but we can do it.

• Thanks 1

I'm gutted. I thought when they tied it up in the 3rd quarter they would come back to win. they were looking good. Serbia's goalkeeper was too good though he made some amazing saves.

oh well. silver this time. maybe Paris 2024 we can improve for our first Olympic gold 

• Thanks 1

Two penalties conceded from Greece is not going to get it done. No matter how good your defense is, Serbia always find a way to score even in difficult situations. Hats off to Greece for a wonderful tournament. They did their best till the end. Greece finishes the Olympic games with 4 medals. This one is pretty memorable. We are looking forward to Paris 2024. 🙂

Edited by Antaeus7
  • Like it 1

1 hour ago, paokara777 said:

Oh well. silver this time. maybe Paris 2024 we can improve for our first Olympic gold 

Greece needs to get it's first medal at the European Championship to go with their first Olympic silver. 

• Like it 1