Phantis Forums

Euro 2020 Group J - Finland vs Greece (5 September 2019, Ratinan Stadium, Tampere)

Alphonse

6 minutes ago, Argy said:

Exactly on Kolovos. He was good for 20 minutes vs Bosnia, then make him a super-sub, not a permanent fixture. He sucks unfortunately. 

Toro is bad and out of shape. He had cramps in both legs and we wasted an important sub on him late in the game. 

I hate to beat an old drum, and I get that he is not what we thought would pan out, but for god's sake, give Fetfa 10 minutes so he can run at those Finnish league defenders and maybe force a play. He was one of the only player the coach didn't even warm up. Are the forwards at our disposal that much better?

What an utter failure. 

Well said! 

2 minutes ago, Dean97 said:

Look he didn’t call up Donis and Mitroglou as they are unfit. We shouldn’t have to rely on these guys all the time and when we do will still don’t get the job done most of the time. Vrousai and Pavlidis looked fine. We can use them in the future. We can work with them. You can’t work with guys like Koulouris, Kourbelis, Bakakis etc. 

The whole team is at fault.

Very true but dont black flag Koulouris, he is a good player, he has been part of the worst Ethniki teams I have ever seen and does not get much service, he CAN help us

• Like it 1

3 minutes ago, Alphonse said:

Very true but dont black flag Koulouris, he is a good player, he has been part of the worst Ethniki teams I have ever seen and does not get much service, he CAN help us

I don’t think he can, trust me. I’ve seen him very close, he has to have quality players around him. International level is different. He is not going to get you out of trouble. Technically on the ball he is one of our worst in my opinion. Pavlidis looked more dangerous with the few touches he had. You can tell he is better. 

If anything he should be used as an extra striker if need be in the last 15 minutes. I prefer anyone else at ST.

Edited by Dean97

Defensively we looked much better than under Ange but for crying out loud we cant get a goal or 2 vs Finland?? Kolovos was awful simple option to play the ball out wide on a counter with numbers and he trys to run through everyone like he's Maradona. 

26 minutes ago, Jimmyp said:

Greece doesn’t have the players to even beat Canada. Lmaooo. At least Canada has good young players. 

Canada would only beat us in hackey. Just as Finland does them in at every level in recent years. 

Qatar is the worst country to host any sports venue during the summer. First, the IAAF World Championship 2019, and then FIFA World Cup 2020. It is hot as hell. But, I understand Doha has a lot of money in place to host them. 

We have now played every team in our group and we’ve only beat Liechtenstein and if it wasn’t for a red card to Pjanic we would have 4 straight losses. The Dark ages are back there is no kidding ourselves The Greek national team will be non existent in tournaments for years.

33 minutes ago, J1078 said:

We have now played every team in our group and we’ve only beat Liechtenstein and if it wasn’t for a red card to Pjanic we would have 4 straight losses. The Dark ages are back there is no kidding ourselves The Greek national team will be non existent in tournaments for years.

It’s tough J1078 I’ve been following the Ethniki from the late 80s and watching them in the World Cup in the USA to winning the Euro to now this terrible period since the 2014 World Cup. It’s baffling talent wise Greece are better than Finland who have a bunch of MLS players the team can’t score in these last 5 games except for the 2 goals they got in the second half in Bosnia. Had they scored the opening goal Finland would not have recovered. Kourbelis with a silly challenge giving up a pk. Not having Fortounis in the attack proved costly he would have carved Finland open with his passing and given service to Koulouris. The team is jinxed the past few years with injuries when we have key fixtures.

Vant Schip should get his opportunity to continue, but in hind sight I think they should have kept Skibbe after the Nations league even though I too wanted him out after that campaign. I think things would not be as dire with him.

1 hour ago, georgelaz said:

Koulouris seems like he's better on the ground. So someone like fetfa would've been perfect to feed him through balls but alas

Correct, @Dean97 sorry bud, but I don't agree, Koulouris is actually not that bad with the ball too but have a proper midfield feed the guy and watch him convert. In all his games with the Ethniki he has had no service, just some half chances. 

• Like it 1

1 hour ago, J1078 said:

The Dark ages are back there is no kidding ourselves The Greek national team will be non existent in tournaments for years.

These are the dark ages file, we previously lost 4 games straight in 1995 but that team recovered and played football, that team would put 3-4 goals on this lost group of players. We are the worst we have ever been in modern times and we need a clean out in many areas, primarily EPO.

• Like it 4

3 hours ago, Dean97 said:

I don’t think he can, trust me. I’ve seen him very close, he has to have quality players around him. International level is different. He is not going to get you out of trouble. Technically on the ball he is one of our worst in my opinion. Pavlidis looked more dangerous with the few touches he had. You can tell he is better. 

If anything he should be used as an extra striker if need be in the last 15 minutes. I prefer anyone else at ST.

Atromitos is not a better team than the Greek national team and I’d say he did alright... I think we’re being a bit too hard on him. We put a lot of pressure on our strikers. Always playing alone up top with HORRIBLE service. He didn’t even get a cross to header. I hope coach puts them on crossing training NONSTOP

• Like it 2

14 minutes ago, Bardouuu said:

Atromitos is not a better team than the Greek national team and I’d say he did alright... I think we’re being a bit too hard on him. We put a lot of pressure on our strikers. Always playing alone up top with HORRIBLE service. He didn’t even get a cross to header. I hope coach puts them on crossing training NONSTOP

Koulouris rarely scores from headers or aerial. Most of his goals come from good runs on his part and low ground through balls. Players like Tachtsidis, Fetfatzidis, Donis can provide that kind of service. Both of his goals in France so far have been on the ground.

Edited by georgelaz

20 minutes ago, georgelaz said:

Koulouris rarely scores from headers or aerial. Most of his goals come from good runs on his part and low ground through balls. Players like Tachtsidis, Fetfatzidis, Donis can provide that kind of service. Both of his goals in France so far have been on the ground.

Im implying not even a decent cross came to his direction. Let alone a decent ground pass in the box.

• Like it 2

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and locked this topic