Phantis Forums

Euro 2020 Group J - Finland vs Greece (5 September 2019, Ratinan Stadium, Tampere)

Alphonse

3 hours ago, Bardouuu said:

Im not a fan of surprises lol. Barkas over Vlachodimos? I do like that samaris didn't make the cut though. I suppose it doesn't look too bad. I like the 4-3-2-1, Its a refreshing change. Finally game day! hope the boys came to play

Really Barkas, I mean he was great vs Italy but with AEK lately he's been ok. I think he should go with Vlachodimos. 

FINLAND

1 Hradecky(GK)

2 Arajuuri

4 Toivio

6 Kamara

8 Lod

10 Pukki

13 Soiri

14 Sparv(Captain)

18 Uronen

20 Tuominen

22 Raitala

BENCH

12 Joronen(GK)

23 Jaakkola(GK)

3 Granlund

5 Vaisanen

7 Karjalainen

9 Jensen

11 Schuller

15 Vaisanen

16 Pirinen

17 Markkula

19 Kauko

21 Forsell

Manager: Markku Kanerva(FIN)

GREECE

13 Barkas(GK)

3 Stafylidis

4 Manolas

6 Bouchalakis

9 Koulouris

14 Vrousai

15 Torosidis(Captain)

16 Masouras

17 Kolovos

19 Papastathopoulos

21 Kourbelis

BENCH

1 Vlachodimos(GK)

12 Paschalakis(GK)

2 Bakakis

5 Siovas

7 Siopis

8 Zeca

10 Pelkas

11 Tsimikas

18 Fetfatzidis

20 Limnios

22 Samaris

23 Pavlidis

Manager: John van't Schip(NED)

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Soprano76 said:

The Greek players are so so so clumsy on the ball lol. Why is it that every team, even the likes of Estonia and Armenia, don't look this bad on the ball?

We are so slow with the ball, Torosidis and co like to play at walking pace and we the like to make square and back passes, allowing the opposition to press the hell out of us

Finland have had the better of the play  and came close to scoring just before half.

Greece has one very good cross but it was deflected out by a Finn defenseman.

Two yellow cards for Greece but those players can be replaced as the game goes on. Can't afford to go down to 10 men or less.

Overall, not a great performance but they are still in the game. 

Not much to write home about. Dunno if Torosidis and Stafylidis are the backs we need... distribution from the back has been ridiculously slow. There have been some small signs of life in attack but we've really not troubled or gotten behind the Fins in attack. 

I would like to see Fetfa come in at some point for Kolovos, Zeca may be able to help the slow play at the back

• Like it 2

Just now, Soprano76 said:

Lol this team is struggling to score against a squad whose back 4 play for Montreal Impact, Pafos FC, Genk and BK Hacken. Finland are nothing to write home about guys.

Yes I said it Finland are average side with a couple good players. It sucks that we don’t have Fortounis especially to orchestrate the attack.

Soon Van’t Schip should throw Fetfa out there.

We made it!!! Half time with no goals conceded!! Took us 25 min to get into some kind of offensive groove but it’s happenng. The players need to build chem that’s the why the passes are looking so sloppy, they don’t anticipate their teammates movements. Plus this is a very young team up top and I’m sure the nerves had to do a lot with it. We are not playing a pretty game but I think we may be able to salvage a result. I find kolovos extremely lazy this game. Vroussai is lost too, hasn’t had much an impact yet but I’m glad he’s getting time with the team I think he will be a big part of our attack in the future. I want to see a bit more sprints from the boys up top, im

not kidding when I say that the midfield brings up the ball at the same speed as sokratis. And this is on fast breaks too. I’m gonna assume it’s nerves and see how the second half goes. 

• Like it 1

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and locked this topic