Phantis Forums

Euro 2020 Group J - Finland vs Greece (5 September 2019, Ratinan Stadium, Tampere)

Alphonse

We will see a 4-3-3. I think Bouchalakis should start in midfield. With Zeca and possibly Pelkas. We need energy in the middle. I think we will see a front 3 of Masouras Koulouris Vrousai.

We need speed and energy. That’s what he has to implement. Aswell as keeping the defence tight. The team has to defend and attack as one. 

• Like it 3

Going into this game on Thursday a result is not good enough we need to win, we need 6 points in our next two games if we want any slim chance of qualifying.. a loss or a draw eliminates us.. You have to also expect Bosnia to get 6 points as they are playing Liechtenstein and Armenia... We have dug ourselves a huge hole and only 6 points will give us hope.. I also agree with a previous poster that it’s time for Manolas and Socrates to put up or shut up, they went out of there way to demand Ang gets fired which I agree with so it’s time for them to step up in a big way..  I don’t have big  expectations but who knows maybe we can finally get a much needed win..

• Like it 3

Van Skip is going to compress the defence cause there were too many gaping holes that teams were punching through. The structure will be typical of the Greek teams prior to 2014 World Cup, stubborn defence and one goal results in next the two matches. Manolas, Sokratis and Zeca screening should look more effective this time around.

Edited by ausgreek

Pukki got a hat trick against Newcastle but the defense was porous. Pukki had numerous chances throughout the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2LGsX6jBRW8

Greece is capable of playing tough defense even though it has been there lately. 

Interested to see how Greece plays. Do they come out as a team and play to the level they should be at; or do they look forward their vacation on the Greek islands. 

Their backed into a corner but it's not like they have to beat teams that are unbeatable. 

Greece has to go for the win in Finland but being patient is the key. It's still a 90 minute game the last time I checked and Finland might be taking Greece lightly since Greece has never won there before. 

Good luck to the team. 

• Like it 2

21 hours ago, J1078 said:

Going into this game on Thursday a result is not good enough we need to win, we need 6 points in our next two games if we want any slim chance of qualifying.. a loss or a draw eliminates us.. You have to also expect Bosnia to get 6 points as they are playing Liechtenstein and Armenia... We have dug ourselves a huge hole and only 6 points will give us hope.. I also agree with a previous poster that it’s time for Manolas and Socrates to put up or shut up, they went out of there way to demand Ang gets fired which I agree with so it’s time for them to step up in a big way..  I don’t have big  expectations but who knows maybe we can finally get a much needed win..

If Greece win we are in great position going forward as we get Liechtenstein next and Finland plays Italy where they will be fortunate to get a result . So hopefully after match day 6 Greece will be sitting on 10 Finland 9. Hopefully Armenia can tie Bosnia as Bosnia is known to slip up from time to time. 

6 hours ago, Bardouuu said:

you guys think Torosidis will start considering he hasn't been playing much at all lately? 

Agonasport says he will most likely be starting. I can see that happening for his leadership and also to satisfy Sokratis and Manolas. 

• Like it 2

9 hours ago, Ellada2004 said:

Agonasport says he will most likely be starting. I can see that happening for his leadership and also to satisfy Sokratis and Manolas. 

I don’t know why Sokratis and Manolas are so adamant about having Torosidis in the team. I know they are good friends but Torosidis is not the player he used to be. I also think Sokratis and Manolas can’t handle the dressing room by themselves. They need Torosidis for that as I believe he is a good leader for that and they aren’t. The team seems divided because if this. I hope it’s not the case.

1 hour ago, Dean97 said:

I don’t know why Sokratis and Manolas are so adamant about having Torosidis in the team. I know they are good friends but Torosidis is not the player he used to be. I also think Sokratis and Manolas can’t handle the dressing room by themselves. They need Torosidis for that as I believe he is a good leader for that and they aren’t. The team seems divided because if this. I hope it’s not the case.

Dean baby, if Toro, Sok and Manolas don't aim up in these two games, Skip will  ask Valkanis and Winter to carry their bags to the bus stop.

I don't know why, I would like to see Grammenos and Alefantos have a wrestle.

Edited by ausgreek
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kbxk508 said:

Looks like Van Skip making a few surprises to the starting line-up

Barkas

Toro, Soc, Manolas, Stafylidis

Kourbelis, Bouchalakis, Vrousai

Masouras, Kolovos

Koulouris

https://www.sport24.gr/football/ellada/ethniki_elladas/ethnikh-elladas-me-ekplhkseis-h-prwth-endekada-toy-fan-sip.5590816.html

Im not a fan of surprises lol. Barkas over Vlachodimos? I do like that samaris didn't make the cut though. I suppose it doesn't look too bad. I like the 4-3-2-1, Its a refreshing change. Finally game day! hope the boys came to play

• Like it 2

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and locked this topic