Phantis Forums

Euro 2020 Group J - Finland vs Greece (5 September 2019, Ratinan Stadium, Tampere)

Alphonse

Mantalos is far more technically better than Pelkas. Pelkas brings energy and in space he can be dangerous. But he's a classic inbetween player, not quite a dekari, not quite a striker, not a winger. 
No problems with Mantalos starting at the 10 with Fortounis injured. 

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Alphonse said:

You guys nuts? Mantalos is in 10 times better form than Pelkas, Pelkas has done nothing with the Ethniki, not a game to watch him flop

10x better?? Says the great Alphonse/Amorgos who has raved on non stop about Ninis the best Greek football player that ever lived yet the last 10 coaches benched him as they just couldn't see that x factor that Alphonse/Amorgos saw. Yep your football opinions are just spot on

Edited by SydneyPAOK

6 hours ago, AchillesHeel said:

Both Koutris and Tsimikas have shown promise going forward but both suck at defending....they are usually exposed when playing against quality opposition. If they can work and improve in that area then we can probably say bye bye to Staf as far as the NT goes.

I still believe Koutris is slightly better than Tsimikas defending but lately Tsimikas has been doing well and in defence he has done well. But you can tell he still needs work there.

• Like it 1

4 hours ago, Jimmyp said:

My god. What low point have we got to when we are arguing over who’s better to start between Pelkas and Mantalos 

In my opinion there is not much of a difference. Both are the same height and ability wise are equal. I don’t think one is better than the other. I do believe though Pelkas will hustle more and can be dangerous with his set pieces on his day and also is faster.  

Fetfatzidis is better than both in my opinion. 

• Like it 3

As it stands, from an attacking view, its Masouras to start at right wing I am sure, and he will either go with Pelkas or Fetfa in the middle with Kolovos on the left, unless Vrousai gets a start.

Then it will be Koulouris up front with Pavlidis ready to go on the bench. 

He has to call another attacker up, I am sure Donis and Mitroglou would be front runners. unless he goes Bakasetas :afraid-028547:

Edited by Alphonse

Hoping on an improvement from the last 2 outings, which shouldn't be hard to do really. This is what I would like to see

1. no goals conceded in the first half
  2. no goals conceded in the second half
  3. we score at least 1

Now if we accomplish that we will win the 3 points, which in the scheme of things is what we need.

Without Mitroglou, Fortounis, Donis and Mantalos we will need to accomplish something we haven't in 3 years. Beat a nation ranked above us in the FIFA rankings.

• Like it 1

The one thing I like about his press conference is speaks realistic and is not setting people hopes to high he knows there is lots of work to do.. he’s being realistic.. he know how important getting a result in Finland is but he’s being realistic as he has had no time to work with the team..

• Like it 1

It stinks that we are without Fortounis, Donis and Mantalos. With those three in the lineup Greece is clearly better than Finland. Let's hope they keep a clean sheet and score off a set piece and get three points. Time for Sokratis & Manolas to step up there game and lead the team especially since they lobbied to get rid of Ange. 

• Like it 1

I really liked what he said, I hope the players can step up and do something special. With so little time for Finland he is at least clear on somethings, and he wants energy in belief in the players, something we really lack and need so that in itself is a big positive 

Giannoulis of PAOK has also been called up, good player. Although we seem to be stacked strong at LB. 

Big question is who will play behind Koulouris now... I have a feeling it will be Pelkas

• Like it 1

I agree since there is so little time before the Finland game is the coach seems to understand not to complicate things we wants to keep it simple and have a very basic game plan which is a good idea don’t try to change to much all at once as we don’t have time to go through the iOS and down of a new style.. He wants speed and energy.. I’m pretty sure Pelkas will be the guy starting... he’s definitely not my first or second choice either but seem like we don’t have a better option.

• Like it 1

I just through... in a 4-3-3 will he play Pelkas in the middle or have the traditional combo of Zeca-Kourbelis-Samaris behind the front three... I personally really dont want to see Samaris start would would prefer say. Zeca - Kourbelis and Pelkas or Fetfa with them. 

Edited by Alphonse

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and locked this topic