Phantis Forums

Anastasios Bakasetas - (Now Playing for Panathinaikos)

Argy

9 hours ago, paokarag4 said:

The much maligned in these parts, Bakasetas has started this season in brilliant form. 3 goals and 2 assists in 5 games as Trabzonspor sit equal top in Turkey. He scored the winner over the weekend with a lovely strike just outside the box.

Add his goal and assist for the Ethniki a few weeks ago and his numbers are very good, it's not hard to understand why he plays at a top 4 team in Turkey and is a starter for the NT. People will always find reasons to criticise him, but that shouldn't take away from the fact that he is valuable and his stats back it up. 

Here's his goal over the weekend

I have to admit as much as I have critcized him he had an all around amazing game vs Sweden. I hope he can bring the same performance for the remaining World Cup qualifiers.

• Like it 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, J1078 said:

What Bakasetas did with the Greek flag draped around him while he danced zeibekiko in a 60’000 plus stadium in Turkey showed me the kid has some big balls and passion for his country.. I have a whole knew respect for him. 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/Cdlos9kgK2k/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

That’s frigin awesome OPA!!  👏 

• Like it 1

On 5/16/2022 at 1:15 PM, J1078 said:

What Bakasetas did with the Greek flag draped around him while he danced zeibekiko in a 60’000 plus stadium in Turkey showed me the kid has some big balls and passion for his country.. I have a whole knew respect for him. 

https://www.instagram.com/tv/Cdlos9kgK2k/?igshid=YmMyMTA2M2Y=

That was great to see. I’ve been very critical of him I just hope he can somehow turn up for Greece and actually play well and be the reason why we win a game for once. 

• Like it 4

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Europa League group stage comes to an end, with Trabzonspor winning their final group game against Ferencvaros 1-0 via a very nice Bakasetas goal. That was his third goal in the competition to go along with his 4 assists.  He's having another very good year, and has been able to replicate that form in Europe. 

Unfortunately for him and his team, they weren't able to qualify for the knockout stage in the Europa league, finishing 3rd with 9 points (1 point behind both Monaco and Ferencvaros in the top 2 spots). They will keep playing in Europe in the new year though, in the Conference league. 

• Like it 2

23 hours ago, paokarag4 said:

Europa League group stage comes to an end, with Trabzonspor winning their final group game against Ferencvaros 1-0 via a very nice Bakasetas goal. That was his third goal in the competition to go along with his 4 assists.  He's having another very good year, and has been able to replicate that form in Europe. 

Unfortunately for him and his team, they weren't able to qualify for the knockout stage in the Europa league, finishing 3rd with 9 points (1 point behind both Monaco and Ferencvaros in the top 2 spots). They will keep playing in Europe in the new year though, in the Conference league. 

Yes Bakasetas is in great form! 

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • Dutch Eagle changed the title to Anastasios Bakasetas - (Now Playing for Panathinaikos)