Jump to content
Phantis Forums

Euro 2020 Group J - Greece Vs. Italy (8 June 2019, Olympic Stadium, Athens)


Recommended Posts

I agree with commentator that since Toro wasn't injured he should have been called up as he would have done better as that was our weakest position... Bad decision by Angelo. Instead of having Toro there you played a guy that is not familiar in that position..  Either way at the end of the day we still would have lost but man my eyes hurt watching this team play... So bad...

Edited by J1078
  • Like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

That statement is usually one way, they don't usually reciprocate the same thoughts with 'una razza una faccia".. It's more like we are the best forget about the rest. Hopefully Ethniki can play above

That line is a fuk'n joke just like this coach. Bakashitas is so f'n garbage I never wanna see that mf anywhere near the team again. Samaris needs to be sat down for a bit. If you have zeca out there,

Limnios, Greek champion = ignored Lamprou = 8 goalds, 10 assists in the Netherlands = ignored   Instead we see guys like Kolovos, Bakasetas, Masouras...

What the subs should have been. 

Koulouris and pelkas on, Samaris and kourbelis off. Zeca to dm, sok to rb, kou to st and pelkas to interchange with fortou as a cm/am. That would have pushed the Italians back and made them respect the counter. And for the people in the back who think we don't have the talent... We do have the talent, these coaches choose not to use it. Now I understand that's hard to understand, because why on earth would a coach do that? ? And my answer is we're still trying to figure that out, it's become one of the wonders of the world. 3 straight games now this coach has gone done 2-0 early and he continues to just pick butterflies instead

  • Like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

That was horrible in every way possible. Barkas made good saves to keep the Italians at 3 the only positive 

Ah re Angele... I thought he was onto something after Bosnia but Turkey & Italy games have been a nightmare 

  • Like it 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, gsots said:

What the subs should have been. 

Koulouris and pelkas on, Samaris and kourbelis off. Zeca to dm, sok to rb, kou to st and pelkas to interchange with fortou as a cm/am. That would have pushed the Italians back and made them respect the counter. And for the people in the back who think we don't have the talent... We do have the talent, these coaches choose not to use it. Now I understand that's hard to understand, because why on earth would a coach do that? ? And my answer is we're still trying to figure that out, it's become one of the wonders of the world. 3 straight games now this coach has gone done 2-0 early and he continues to just pick butterflies instead

Once again spot on

  • Like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Alphonse said:

That was horrible in every way possible. Barkas made good saves to keep the Italians at 3 the only positive 

Ah re Angele... I thought he was onto something after Bosnia but Turkey & Italy games have been a nightmare 

I thought the same thing man! Looked like he had figured it out, instead he just got lucky. He must have talked to skibbe after lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, J1078 said:

I agree with commentator that since Toro wasn't injured he should have been called up as he would have done better as that was our weakest position... Bad decision by Angelo. Instead of having Toro there you played a guy that is not familiar in that position..  Either way at the end of the day we still would have lost but man my eyes hurt watching this team play... So bad...

Fuk man seriously! Lol

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, trotsk13 said:

We have to beat Finland 

nearly impossible.

 

6 minutes ago, gsots said:

What the subs should have been. 

Koulouris and pelkas on, Samaris and kourbelis off. Zeca to dm, sok to rb, kou to st and pelkas to interchange with fortou as a cm/am. That would have pushed the Italians back and made them respect the counter. And for the people in the back who think we don't have the talent... We do have the talent, these coaches choose not to use it. Now I understand that's hard to understand, because why on earth would a coach do that? ? And my answer is we're still trying to figure that out, it's become one of the wonders of the world. 3 straight games now this coach has gone done 2-0 early and he continues to just pick butterflies instead

didn't matter anymore

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had to cover the Cyprus game for Agonasport and unfortunately it was at exactly the same time. I guess Barkas was in net because Vlachodimos was bad last time, and Paschalakis was in goal for the friendly loss in Turkey. How do you get blown away by Italy, though? Losing to Italy, no shame in that, but they don't even blow like Luxembourg away. No pride in the ethniki anymore? How was OAKA? Was it another 5,000 people in a 70,000 seat stadium type deal?

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Molon Lave said:

That should have been a penalty 
Greece clearly could had 2 of them 

Not going to get a call with a loser English ref.. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LaputanMachine said:

nearly impossible.

 

didn't matter anymore

Depending on when he made them it would have made a difference of course, could have swung momentum, prolonged time with possession in the Italian 3rd

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Omonoia9 said:

I had to cover the Cyprus game for Agonasport and unfortunately it was at exactly the same time. I guess Barkas was in net because Vlachodimos was bad last time, and Paschalakis was in goal for the friendly loss in Turkey. How do you get blown away by Italy, though? Losing to Italy, no shame in that, but they don't even blow like Luxembourg away. No pride in the ethniki anymore? How was OAKA? Was it another 5,000 people in a 70,000 seat stadium type deal?

They beat Liechtenstein 6:0 and Finnland 2:0.

Italy is still a world class team, and they knew exactly how to take advantage of our weaknesses (right side, non-existing midfield).

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ange had no game plan today and once again we were down a few goals in the first 30 minutes as was the case vs Bosnia and turkey. Our staunch defence looks vulnerable. Going forward we had couple chances Fortounis hit a nice volley that was nicely saved. Barkas shouldn't have been the first choice goalie but he saved 3 sure goals in the second half. We need to regroup big time and play with some urgency especially at home. Italy have locked top spot and just need them to beat Bosnia and Finland. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ange has started us off to begin games with a very bad habit of conceding goals very early and this is a trend that has continued today.. Bosnia 2-0 down early in the first half, Turkey 2-0 down early as well and today 3-0 in 10 minutes.. WTF is going on we have conceded 7 goals against in our last 3 games in the first half.. this is worse then even that dumbass Skibbe would do..

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Torontoblue said:

We need at least a draw. Finland won sending us to 3rd. Armenia also won. Making next game tricky. 

Why do I get the feeling we will get smashed by the Italians ?

The feeling that we've all become all to familiar with. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys are hypocrites. You guys all loved the lineup prior to the game and now you’re saying it’s the coaches fault. Sometimes you have to point a finger at the players. The players are horrible. It’s not like he has much to work with. When we’re talking about Donis yes Donis for F***s sakes being a huge blow then there’s problems. If any of us could coach better we wouldn’t be on this website posting. Face it. This team is bad. There’s no talent. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, J1078 said:

Ange has started us off to begin games with a very bad habit of conceding goals very early and this is a trend that has continued today.. Bosnia 2-0 down early in the first half, Turkey 2-0 down early as well and today 3-0 in 10 minutes.. WTF is going on we have conceded 7 goals against in our last 3 games in the first half.. this is worse then even that dumbass Skibbe would do..

Yeah cuz angel plays goalie and defence. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry, torosidis our of form is still the best rb option by far. The lack of ball controlling midfielder is scary, and the lack of speed in attack is ridiculous... we have young fast attacking players playing well in holland and they don’t get a look. We have bakasetas who barely plays for aek playing games for NT. Kolovos can’t play in Greece but is good enough for NT. Stafylidis is junk. I’d rather koutris or tsimakas. This was the worst failure by a NT coach in 25 yrs. 

italy are a fast quick passing team, and our dope of a coach plays siovas who’s slow, as a cm... a position he never plays. 

Its not an exaggeration to say that our midfielders lack of skill on the ball is literally maybe the worst ever from a Greek NT. The hope to qualify is almost at zero

  • Like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Jimmyp said:

Yeah cuz angel plays goalie and defence. 

Listen man I blame the players like I said a few posts back, but you cant play a guy in a position that hes not use to playing against a strong team like Italy.. Also you need goals so you bring on Siopis, Mavrias, and bakasetas and leave Kolouris on the bench??? Explain that to me please... Either way I do agree with you our players are to blame as they played like s%$#! and are just not good enough imo..

Link to post
Share on other sites

The players absolutely have to take some blame. The lack of national pride from the majority of these players is embarrassing. Imagine what players like karagounis, katsouranis, zagorakis must think of these posers

  • Like it 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Dean97 said:

I think @gsots nailed it. We have the talented players to win but the coach refuses to use them.

Lmaoo. What talent? Talent doesn’t play for Asteras or atromitos 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...