Phantis Forums

Euro 2020 Group J - Greece Vs. Italy (8 June 2019, Olympic Stadium, Athens)

Argy

4 minutes ago, nick said:

The players absolutely have to take some blame. The lack of national pride from the majority of these players is embarrassing. Imagine what players like karagounis, katsouranis, zagorakis must think of these posers

I agree 1000%

ya but in all fairness @Dean97 we can say they would make the difference as they haven't proven anything yet.. Maybe down the road but right now we can try and select line up until we are blue in the face unfortunately it wont make a difference as we are what we see at this point..

Just thinking about the lack of speed on this team.

Other than some of the defenders most of the players on this team should have a minimum speed requirement. It doesn't matter how many goals you score in division three elsewhere. In world cup games the top teams have speed to burn so you need to be able to stick with them because otherwise you will never touch the ball. 

The players are to blame of course especially coming of that great 2nd half at Bosnia and they brought nothing positive into this game. If we lose a close match than fine but this could have been a 6-0 loss at home? Just pathetic... 

10 minutes ago, Jimmyp said:

Lmaoo. What talent? Talent doesn’t play for Asteras or atromitos 

Limnios, Greek champion = ignored

Lamprou = 8 goalds, 10 assists in the Netherlands = ignored

Instead we see guys like Kolovos, Bakasetas, Masouras...

• Like it 3

1 minute ago, LaputanMachine said:

Limnios, Greek champion = ignored

Lamprou = 8 goalds, 10 assists in the Netherlands = ignored

Instead we see guys like Kolovos, Bakasetas, Masouras...

Agreed especially on Lamprou.

Bakasetas should never get called up. 

Kolovos and Masouras are not bad. Fortounis delays our attack. Samaris destroys our build and can’t take control. No real substance. Kolovos can keep possession well and Masouras makes good runs and likes to work. Our midfield is non existent and our RB is weak. So is our LB. 

This team is always sabotaged by selections and tactics. Samaris and Fortounis don’t deserve to start let alone get a full 90. Pelkas and Siopis should have started instead. Fast players that like to hustle. Wrong mindset and attitude of the players as well. The coach is too blame for sure.

• Like it 1

Fact is we dropped 5pts to Finland's 3. If you don't win against Armenia it's over. 

But I can't see us getting 2nd place.  Finland is to strong.  That's why the nations cup was our best shot. Look at portugal tomorrow they play in another tournament final. Look at us champs in 2004 and we never built on it.  More like chumps. Laughing stock of Europe 

• Like it 1

49 minutes ago, Jimmyp said:

Lmaoo. What talent? Talent doesn’t play for Asteras or atromitos 

Kyriakopoulos had an excellent season and has a lethal shot on him.

48 minutes ago, Dean97 said:

Players from the u21s...

Tachtsidis, Lykogiannis and a few others should have been called up.

Tachtsidis? What are you talking about?

35 minutes ago, Ellada2004 said:

Agreed especially on Lamprou.

Bakasetas should never get called up. 

Bakasetas, Barkas, Siopis, Valerianos and perhaps even Stafylidis have no business being in the NT right now. I thought Aggelos would not get bullied by players' managers but it seems he has let it happen (yet again). Not even one player from PAOK (double champions for crying out loud) in the starting 11.

It was very clear that most of these players were on the beach, especially Samaris. He had a superb season for Benfica then played like that tonight. The defence in general was a disaster and Emerson ran riot.

The fact is that there will never be a player like Karagounis again. He was a leader and gave everything on the pitch. These players are all too bothered about tatoos and their hair.

Koulouris must start against Armenia.

10 minutes ago, Torontoblue said:

Fact is we dropped 5pts to Finland's 3. If you don't win against Armenia it's over. 

But I can't see us getting 2nd place.  Finland is to strong.  That's why the nations cup was our best shot. Look at portugal tomorrow they play in another tournament final. Look at us champs in 2004 and we never built on it.  More like chumps. Laughing stock of Europe 

The team didn't carry the momentum forward from the Bosnia game and Italy who are a world class team made us pay. Greece are not laughing stocks of Europe that title goes to the so called home of football and England who have not even made a single final in over 50 years ? 

7 minutes ago, Athens4 said:

Kyriakopoulos had an excellent season and has a lethal shot on him.

Bakasetas, Barkas, Siopis, Valerianos and perhaps even Stafylidis have no business being in the NT right now. I thought Aggelos would not get bullied by players' managers but it seems he has let it happen (yet again). Not even one player from PAOK (double champions for crying out loud) in the starting 11.

It was very clear that most of these players were on the beach, especially Samaris. He had a superb season for Benfica then played like that tonight. The defence in general was a disaster and Emerson ran riot.

The fact is that there will never be a player like Karagounis again. He was a leader and gave everything on the pitch. These players are all too bothered about tatoos and their hair.

Koulouris must start against Armenia.

Karagounis was a legendary footballer with great skill and he fought for everything on the pitch every time I saw him play. 

Armenia won't be a push over but if we have a good start we should get a victory. Then it's on to Finland in September for a key away fixture. Second place is between us and the Finns. The Bosnians are on the way down..

12 minutes ago, Athens4 said:

One of the main reasons Leece got promoted? 

Because Samaris is excellent and so is Zeca. We have no creativity from our midfield. At least Siopis can run and close down and has the energy. What does Samaris have. Nothing. 

Karagounis and co played with passion. You can’t also expect Valerianos to do well at CB when he hasn’t even mastered playing at LB. Our quality is not up to standards and it showed today. 

I agree with you about Kyriakopoulos.

Edited by Dean97

2 minutes ago, Ellada2004 said:

Karagounis was a legendary footballer with great skill and he fought for everything on the pitch every time I saw him play. 

Armenia won't be a push over but if we have a good start we should get a victory. Then it's on to Finland in September for a key away fixture. Second place is between us and the Finns. The Bosnians are on the way down..

If our players play in their positions and play a system that everyone is used to, with added passion and determination then yes. We have a chance. Also we need players with high energy and work rates also fast players.

36 minutes ago, Ellada2004 said:

The team didn't carry the momentum forward from the Bosnia game and Italy who are a world class team made us pay. Greece are not laughing stocks of Europe that title goes to the so called home of football and England who have not even made a single final in over 50 years ? 

Lol true ?

I'm f-ing gutted.

It looked like every single player on the Ethniki was being forced to play and their minds were on Mykonos. Everyone, except Zeca. At least he played with hustle.

I'm not ignorant enough to have thought we would win but damn man, show some f-ing pride for your flag. A hard fought tie or even a hard fought 1-0 or 2-1 loss would at least show that the players care. I'm sick of this sh$t.

• Like it 1

28 minutes ago, AEK RE GAMOTO said:

I'm f-ing gutted.

It looked like every single player on the Ethniki was being forced to play and their minds were on Mykonos. Everyone, except Zeca. At least he played with hustle.

I'm not ignorant enough to have thought we would win but damn man, show some f-ing pride for your flag. A hard fought tie or even a hard fought 1-0 or 2-1 loss would at least show that the players care. I'm sick of this sh$t.

Yeah they didn’t look up for it.

2 hours ago, J1078 said:

Listen man I blame the players like I said a few posts back, but you cant play a guy in a position that hes not use to playing against a strong team like Italy.. Also you need goals so you bring on Siopis, Mavrias, and bakasetas and leave Kolouris on the bench??? Explain that to me please... Either way I do agree with you our players are to blame as they played like s%$#! and are just not good enough imo..

He was probably saving his super subs for Estonia. Not excusing it but think about it. If they changed the rules not allowing Italy to cross half and lengthened the game for a week, it still would’ve ended 3 0. 

Logically the coach is to blame. Putting out a formation that the player are not used to and players out of position won’t help us. What’s wrong with playing 4-2-3-1.

Vlachodimos

Kotsiras Manolas Sokratis Koutris

Kourbelis Zeca

Masouras Fortounis Kolovos

Koulouris 

You can’t go wrong with that. What we should of seen is:

Vlachodimos 

Torosidis Manolas Sokratis Koutris

Kourbelis Zeca 

Lamprou Fortounis Masouras

Koulouris 

• Like it 1