Phantis Forums

Euro 2020 Group J - Greece Vs. Italy (8 June 2019, Olympic Stadium, Athens)

Argy

I agree with commentator that since Toro wasn't injured he should have been called up as he would have done better as that was our weakest position... Bad decision by Angelo. Instead of having Toro there you played a guy that is not familiar in that position..  Either way at the end of the day we still would have lost but man my eyes hurt watching this team play... So bad...

Edited by J1078
  • Like it 1

What the subs should have been. 

Koulouris and pelkas on, Samaris and kourbelis off. Zeca to dm, sok to rb, kou to st and pelkas to interchange with fortou as a cm/am. That would have pushed the Italians back and made them respect the counter. And for the people in the back who think we don't have the talent... We do have the talent, these coaches choose not to use it. Now I understand that's hard to understand, because why on earth would a coach do that? ? And my answer is we're still trying to figure that out, it's become one of the wonders of the world. 3 straight games now this coach has gone done 2-0 early and he continues to just pick butterflies instead

• Like it 1

That was horrible in every way possible. Barkas made good saves to keep the Italians at 3 the only positive 

Ah re Angele... I thought he was onto something after Bosnia but Turkey & Italy games have been a nightmare 

• Like it 2

2 minutes ago, gsots said:

Koulouris and pelkas on, Samaris and kourbelis off. Zeca to dm, sok to rb, kou to st and pelkas to interchange with fortou as a cm/am. That would have pushed the Italians back and made them respect the counter. And for the people in the back who think we don't have the talent... We do have the talent, these coaches choose not to use it. Now I understand that's hard to understand, because why on earth would a coach do that? ? And my answer is we're still trying to figure that out, it's become one of the wonders of the world. 3 straight games now this coach has gone done 2-0 early and he continues to just pick butterflies instead

Once again spot on

• Like it 1

Just now, Alphonse said:

That was horrible in every way possible. Barkas made good saves to keep the Italians at 3 the only positive 

Ah re Angele... I thought he was onto something after Bosnia but Turkey & Italy games have been a nightmare 

I thought the same thing man! Looked like he had figured it out, instead he just got lucky. He must have talked to skibbe after lol

7 minutes ago, J1078 said:

I agree with commentator that since Toro wasn't injured he should have been called up as he would have done better as that was our weakest position... Bad decision by Angelo. Instead of having Toro there you played a guy that is not familiar in that position..  Either way at the end of the day we still would have lost but man my eyes hurt watching this team play... So bad...

Fuk man seriously! Lol

4 minutes ago, trotsk13 said:

We have to beat Finland 

nearly impossible.

6 minutes ago, gsots said:

didn't matter anymore

I had to cover the Cyprus game for Agonasport and unfortunately it was at exactly the same time. I guess Barkas was in net because Vlachodimos was bad last time, and Paschalakis was in goal for the friendly loss in Turkey. How do you get blown away by Italy, though? Losing to Italy, no shame in that, but they don't even blow like Luxembourg away. No pride in the ethniki anymore? How was OAKA? Was it another 5,000 people in a 70,000 seat stadium type deal?

7 minutes ago, LaputanMachine said:

nearly impossible.

didn't matter anymore

Depending on when he made them it would have made a difference of course, could have swung momentum, prolonged time with possession in the Italian 3rd

5 minutes ago, Omonoia9 said:

I had to cover the Cyprus game for Agonasport and unfortunately it was at exactly the same time. I guess Barkas was in net because Vlachodimos was bad last time, and Paschalakis was in goal for the friendly loss in Turkey. How do you get blown away by Italy, though? Losing to Italy, no shame in that, but they don't even blow like Luxembourg away. No pride in the ethniki anymore? How was OAKA? Was it another 5,000 people in a 70,000 seat stadium type deal?

They beat Liechtenstein 6:0 and Finnland 2:0.

Italy is still a world class team, and they knew exactly how to take advantage of our weaknesses (right side, non-existing midfield).

Ange had no game plan today and once again we were down a few goals in the first 30 minutes as was the case vs Bosnia and turkey. Our staunch defence looks vulnerable. Going forward we had couple chances Fortounis hit a nice volley that was nicely saved. Barkas shouldn't have been the first choice goalie but he saved 3 sure goals in the second half. We need to regroup big time and play with some urgency especially at home. Italy have locked top spot and just need them to beat Bosnia and Finland. 

Ange has started us off to begin games with a very bad habit of conceding goals very early and this is a trend that has continued today.. Bosnia 2-0 down early in the first half, Turkey 2-0 down early as well and today 3-0 in 10 minutes.. WTF is going on we have conceded 7 goals against in our last 3 games in the first half.. this is worse then even that dumbass Skibbe would do..

3 hours ago, Torontoblue said:

We need at least a draw. Finland won sending us to 3rd. Armenia also won. Making next game tricky. 

Why do I get the feeling we will get smashed by the Italians ?

The feeling that we've all become all to familiar with. 

You guys are hypocrites. You guys all loved the lineup prior to the game and now you’re saying it’s the coaches fault. Sometimes you have to point a finger at the players. The players are horrible. It’s not like he has much to work with. When we’re talking about Donis yes Donis for F***s sakes being a huge blow then there’s problems. If any of us could coach better we wouldn’t be on this website posting. Face it. This team is bad. There’s no talent. 

1 minute ago, J1078 said:

Ange has started us off to begin games with a very bad habit of conceding goals very early and this is a trend that has continued today.. Bosnia 2-0 down early in the first half, Turkey 2-0 down early as well and today 3-0 in 10 minutes.. WTF is going on we have conceded 7 goals against in our last 3 games in the first half.. this is worse then even that dumbass Skibbe would do..

Yeah cuz angel plays goalie and defence. 

Sorry, torosidis our of form is still the best rb option by far. The lack of ball controlling midfielder is scary, and the lack of speed in attack is ridiculous... we have young fast attacking players playing well in holland and they don’t get a look. We have bakasetas who barely plays for aek playing games for NT. Kolovos can’t play in Greece but is good enough for NT. Stafylidis is junk. I’d rather koutris or tsimakas. This was the worst failure by a NT coach in 25 yrs. 

italy are a fast quick passing team, and our dope of a coach plays siovas who’s slow, as a cm... a position he never plays. 

Its not an exaggeration to say that our midfielders lack of skill on the ball is literally maybe the worst ever from a Greek NT. The hope to qualify is almost at zero

• Like it 1

2 minutes ago, Jimmyp said:

Yeah cuz angel plays goalie and defence. 

Listen man I blame the players like I said a few posts back, but you cant play a guy in a position that hes not use to playing against a strong team like Italy.. Also you need goals so you bring on Siopis, Mavrias, and bakasetas and leave Kolouris on the bench??? Explain that to me please... Either way I do agree with you our players are to blame as they played like s%$#! and are just not good enough imo..

The players absolutely have to take some blame. The lack of national pride from the majority of these players is embarrassing. Imagine what players like karagounis, katsouranis, zagorakis must think of these posers

• Like it 1

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and locked this topic