Phantis Forums

Euro 2020 Group J - Greece Vs. Italy (8 June 2019, Olympic Stadium, Athens)

Argy

7 minutes ago, J1078 said:

How do we seriously expect people to come out and watch this uncompetitive pathetic team.. Nothing to do with coaching we are just garbage bottom line.. It doesn't matter who coaches this team.. 

Ti les man? He's got 7 defenders on the field, Italy is just coming in waves at us. He's the one that decided to try to stack a wall in front of our goal for 90s. Everytime we get the ball back, there no one to pass to cause 7 guys are thinking defesene first and the other 3 are stranded in no man's land with no chance of getting the ball in counter. We're down 3-0 and he still hasn't adjusted anything. That's on him. We can blame players for losing their d assignments but the whole momentum is on our coach for fielding this m#$%!. Sorry, I don't mean to be combative or anything disrespect, I'm just super pissed at this game right now.

• Like it 1

1 minute ago, gsots said:

Ti les man? He's got 7 defenders on the field, Italy is just coming in waves at us. He's the one that decided to try to stack a wall in front of our goal for 90s. Everytime we get the ball back, there no one to pass to cause 7 guys are thinking defesene first and the other 3 are stranded in no man's land with no chance of getting the ball in counter. We're down 3-0 and he still hasn't adjusted anything. That's on him. We can blame players for losing their d assignments but the whole momentum is on our coach for fielding this m#$%!. Sorry, I don't mean to be combative or anything disrespect, I'm just super pissed at this game right now.

Correct, on top of that the gap between the front 2/3 and the rest of the defenders is massive, Fortounis will be gassed by the 65th 

2 minutes ago, J1078 said:

Bro how do you blame the coach I'm done blaming the coach, we've gone through 5 coaches with the same result its time to blame the lack of talent of our players..

It’s a horrendous line up file,  we didn’t stand a chance from the moment that was the plan. Samaris can’t lead a midfield, Zeca at RB. Stafylidis not that good... no striker, central players everywhere with no skill, couldn’t do anything 

• Like it 1

Who is really surprised... zeca out of position, siovas out of position, fortounis out of position, kolovos plays in cyprus, kourbelis is garbage, barkas is the 3rd string!!!!!! This is the worst NT game in 20+ yrs

3 Italian goals in 9 minutes wtf.. Our defending has become a joke.. 

Only Zeca is moving out there.. 

Why is Barkas in net he muffed a simple shot that went out for a corner and led to a goal

4 minutes ago, J1078 said:

embarrassing. I've waited sine march for this s%$#!.. Great job the mini training camp was to prepare us...

I know man, all of us were hyped for this game

• Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Alphonse said:

It’s a horrendous line up file,  we didn’t stand a chance from the moment that was the plan. Samaris can’t lead a midfield, Zeca at RB. Stafylidis not that good... no striker, central players everywhere with no skill, couldn’t do anything 

Exactly, I can't blame the players here because they shouldn't all be on together. 5 coaches yes, non of whom ever bothered to really understand the talent pool we have and where guys can be utilized. This is all on the epo cause they don't want to spend money on a real coach. The fact this guy called up bakasetas again tells you everything. 

zeca should have been in the midfield and Samaris should have sat his ass on the bench... To be honest another experimental line up playing guy in positions they are not accustom to playing... I'm just so frustrated I don't know wtf to blame anymore as there has not been one coach to be able to turn this team around..

• Like it 1

How can you all be surprised by this result? Did you really think we would beat Italy?

look at that pathetic attendance. Even they knew not to spend money on this s%$#!. 

Greece is in trouble of qualifying. Finland will grab 2nd. Mark my words. 

We don't have a team. 

10 minutes ago, Molon Lave said:

This English ref is a prick 

I agree. Italy took down two of our players when playing advantage should have given two yellows as they both were deliberate and ill timed. But wait, we wanna be friends with them not play competitive! Man it’s the Mindset. They don’t know priorities and competitiveness 

8 minutes ago, Ellada2004 said:

3 Italian goals in 9 minutes wtf.. Our defending has become a joke.. 

Only Zeca is moving out there.. 

Why is Barkas in net he muffed a simple shot that went out for a corner and led to a goal

Vlaho should be starting not barkas! My god the corruption on our ethniki

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and locked this topic