Phantis Forums

Euro 2020 Group J - Bosnia and Herzegovina v. Greece (26 March 2019, Bilino Polje Stadium, Zenica)

Argy

• Argy changed the title to Euro 2020 Group J - Bosnia and Herzegovina v. Greece (26 March 2019, Bilino Polje Stadium, Zenica)
1 hour ago, Argy said:

Crucial game. Important to get an away result. 

Last time these teams played to a 0-0 draw on June 9, 2017. 

looking back at that 0-0. brutal. we had 0 shots on target. they had 6.

we also had a stronger backline in stafylidis sokratis manolas and torosidis.

we're hurting with injuries there's no room for error here and not starting koulouris and startin bakasetas on the wing again is what I fear. 

I really hope we see this

koulouris

donis fortounis masouras

zeca samaris/kourbelis

koutris siovas sokratis bakakis

vlacho

if stafylidis (lb) retsos (rb) lazaros (rw) mitroglou (st) kpaps (cb) manolas (cb) were available I'd start them in place of what we got

also won't happen but fetfa (rw/lw) and holebas (lb) but yeah i'll keep that to fifa lol

• Like it 1

49 minutes ago, georgelaz said:

we're hurting with injuries there's no room for error here and not starting koulouris and startin bakasetas on the wing again is what I fear. 

koulouris

donis fortounis masouras

zeca samaris/kourbelis

vlacho

if stafylidis (lb) retsos (rb) lazaros (rw) mitroglou (st) kpaps (cb) manolas (cb) were available I'd start them in place of what we got

also won't happen but fetfa (rw/lw) and holebas (lb) but yeah i'll keep that to fifa lol

What's the problem with u and fckin lazaros he sucks.

Mitroglou is gonna be a big miss. Biggest ones in my opinion will be Retsos at a 3 CB scheme and Manolas.

I think we can scrap a 0-0 there.

10 minutes ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

Mitroglou is gonna be a big miss. Biggest ones in my opinion will be Retsos at a 3 CB scheme and Manolas.

Lazaros was really good last season at AEK and the next with Oly until he got injured. He can take on defender and shoot. For depth purposes Donis, Masouras, Fetfa, and Lazaros I think would be our top 4 and rotate based on form. 

Laz has great long FK's, can take on defenders, and can shoot on target. He's way better then Pelkas or Bakasetas wide. (Which is what we've done past 10 games or so). so yes Lazaros being out is a loss.

Donis will play upfront. Would have been good to have him on the wing and Koulouris up front but it is what it is.

Surely we won’t see Bakasetas on the field at any time after he couldn’t do jack against Lichtenstein in his 20th cap. It was embarrassing at times

Thinking about it having Donis play as a striker is probably the smart move, regardless of whether Mitro was fit or not. He'll have no defensive responsibilities and will be able to hit the Bosnian's center backs directly. His pace will be a big threat on the break.

With that in mind it's hard to see who else starts on the other wing(assuming Masouras is a lock) apart from Bakesetas. Unless he throws Mavrias in, or obviously Donis could play on the wing with Kolouris leading the line. 

7 hours ago, georgelaz said:

koulouris

donis fortounis masouras

zeca samaris/kourbelis

vlacho

Kpaps would never start a cb over Manolas Sokratis and siovas. And if he did, there’s a big problem. 

Apparently these are the 3 scenarios the coach is thinking of playing

4-3-3 Αναφορικά με τα πλάνα ενδεκάδας, μονάχα εκτιμήσεις μπορούν να γίνουν. Ο Βλαχοδήμος αναμένεται να κρατήσει τη θέση στο τέρμα, με τον Σιόβα να είναι ο ένας σέντερ μπακ και ο Παπασταθόπουλος ο άλλος, εφόσον είναι σε θέση να αγωνιστεί. Οι Κούτρης και Μπακάκης στα άκρα, με τους Σάμαρη, Ζέκα και Κουρμπέλη στην τριάδα μπροστά, οι Φορτούνης και Μασούρας ως εσωτερικοί μέσοι και ο Δώνης πιο μπροστά 

3-5-2 στην άμυνα θα δούμε Σιόβα, Παπασταθόπουλο και Κουρμπέλη, Κούτρη και Μπακάκη στις πτέρυγες, Σάμαρη, Ζέκα και Φορτούνη στα χαφ και Δώνη με Μασούρα μπροστά. Αν ο Αναστασιάδης πάει σε 3-4-2-1, θα δούμε Σιόβα, Παπασταθόπουλο και Ρισβάνη στην άμυνα, τους Κούτρη και Μπακάκη να παίζουν όλη την πλευρά, τους Ζέκα, Σάμαρη και Κουρμπέλη στον άξονα και τους Φορτούνη, Μασούρα πίσω από τον Δώνη. Φυσικά, θέση μπροστά διεκδικεί και ο Κουλούρης.

4-2-3-1Τέλος, αν δεν αγωνιστεί ο "Πάπα", τότε τα πράγματα αλλάζουν, αφού ίσως παραμείνει το  όπως και στο ματς με το Λιχτενστάιν, με τον Ρισβάνη ή τον Κουρμπέλη δίπλα στον Σιόβα, τους Κούτρη και Μπακάκη στα άκρα, τους Ζέκα και Σάμαρη στον άξονα, τον Μασούρα στη μια πλευρά, παίζεται η θέση για την άλλη και τον Φορτούνη πίσω από τον Δώνη ή τον Κουλούρη. Στην διάθεση του Αναστασιάδη είναι και ο Ντουρμισάι.

8 hours ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

I think Mitroglou is a misfit in this scheme. Not a big loss. He's lazy and his play is uninspired. We don't have someone in the midfield who can distribute the ball well enough to have a poacher in the lineup. 

• Like it 1

Mitro has become obsolete with our sub par midfield.. He would be good if we had a great midfielder but in our current state his laziness and lack of speed I think does more bad then good to our team especially when we are called to play a match where we need to defend and try to catch teams on the counter.. I think our guys rely to much when Mitro is in the game and they try to force the ball to him and other teams know this so maybe a change with Kolouris and some speedy wingers we can be more effective..

• Like it 2

5 minutes ago, J1078 said:

Mitro has become obsolete with our sub par midfield.. He would be good if we had a great midfielder but in our current state his laziness and lack of speed I think does more bad then good to our team especially when we are called to play a match where we need to defend and try to catch teams on the counter.. I think our guys rely to much when Mitro is in the game and they try to force the ball to him and other teams know this so maybe a change with Kolouris and some speedy wingers we can be more effective..

Yup. Even if we had Pjanic on our side, Mitroglou's level of effort or lack there of is pretty apparent. He does not run, he does not fight for the ball. He wants the ball at his feet and if it's 3 feet away from him he gives up. Frustrating. 

I guess it's a  4 3 3  Bakakis Siovas Sok Koutris

Kourbellis Samaris Zeca

Fortounis   Donis  Bouchoulakis

Edited by Brklyngrk

Bakakis Siovas Sok Koutris

Kourbellis  Bouchoulakis Zeca

Samaris

Fortounis   Donis 

• Like it 1

9 minutes ago, jason said:

I still dont' get how Super league top scorer cant crack a spot but lets see what happens. 

I don't get that either.. Its NOT like we are blessed with guys that can score where we have luxury to pick and choose guys...

If that's the starting line, we're not scoring a f'n goal unless someone make a miracle play. Donis and Fortounis are literally on their own upfront. Does this coach realize we're playing Bosnia and not a German Spain super team? 

• Like it 1

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and locked this topic