Phantis Forums

Other Greeks Playing Abroad

js1000

Panagiotis Moraitis scored two goals for Borac Banja Luka (Bosnia) in their Q1-tie against CFR Cluj and was unlucky that the awaygoal rule was scrapped as the lost 3-1 away (only goal for them) and won 2-0 at home (the 2-0). In the extra time Cluj scored the only goal and advance to Q2 CL.

Moraitis went from Panachaiki to Montenegro’s champion in the winter of 2019/2020 and from there to Borac in the winter transferwindow of 2020/2021

• 2 weeks later...

I noticed Borussia Dortmund had a player by the of Antonios Papadopoulos coming on as substitute in overnight German Bundesliga action at home to Eintracht Frankfurt. German born Antonios Papadopoulos is a 21 year old defensive midfielder with German nationality but Greek heritage & yet to represent Germany or Greece at any level. Borussia Dortmund won 5-2.

Edited by Greekaroos
  • Like it 1

• 2 weeks later...

Giannis Masouras is the next Greek heading to the Netherlands. He will play on a loanbase for one year at Sparta (Rotterdam) in the Eredivisie. Sparta by the way do also play in red and white stripes, though Sparta wear black shorts.

• Like it 1

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Alphonse said:

Great player, keen to see how this guy progresses 

I remember seeing him play in a game for AEK in Europe and all I could think of was how much better he would be than Bakasetas for Greece.

• 4 weeks later...