Phantis Forums

Transfer News and Rumors - Winter 2019

Blackhawk

While they might move for Berg, I still don't think it's necessary. Our issue isn't with our strikers (and as Boston said, we didn't hire two new strikers this summer for no reason). That plus a Koulouris option to recall tells me that we might not see someone bought.

Though it would be just like us to overcompensate and recall Koulouris, buy some mercenary, and also a 19-year-old CF from Croatia as well.

Could be but at the prospect of not getting anything since in 6 month he can sign for free anywhere, PAOK can work it out with Panathinaikos (such as giving them Mystkidis, Kace etc.). There is no way PAOK will pay 5 mil to Panat6hinaikos. 

From reports that I heard, the supposed "greek team" clause expired after 2 years. Also it is reported that Al Ain wants 1 mil for the player, and Berg to get a salary of 1.3 mil per season. So at the end we could spend 2.3 to 3 mil plus any possible deal with Panathinaikos (player/cash) to get Berg. 

5 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

pash I think the team will go for a short term solution (Berg), because of the title race. The youngsters (Akpom, etc.) are long term projects that might not work out.

Signing Berg has another problem. There is no way the player is going to accept a 6-month deal. That means next year's planning has to include Berg. Not sure in what condition the guy is and if we want to go to the important CL qualifiers with him as our main striker. Of course my main problem is not that I am not sure, I am pretty sure our PAE has no clue what they are supposed to do either.

After all, Prijovic story came the last few days, Pontus injury is known for weeks and nothing is being done that way either. As Christo said earlier, January and February are going to determine the league winner and from what I see, we are not going to have any help from the two signs that are supposedly coming.

13 hours ago, Blackhawk said:

From reports that I heard, the supposed "greek team" clause expired after 2 years. Also it is reported that Al Ain wants 1 mil for the player, and Berg to get a salary of 1.3 mil per season. So at the end we could spend 2.3 to 3 mil plus any possible deal with Panathinaikos (player/cash) to get Berg. 

If these figures are close to reality, then sign Berg now.  If not, go for Koulouris.

Koulouris is good enough for what we need.  Prijo was the man, but we only really needed him in derbies.  For most other games, the strikers we have plus Koulouris is good enough.  If we can get Berg at a reasonable cost that’s a bonus.

Bring back Giannoulis and Hatziisaias while we’re at it.  I know it won’t happen but all it’s going to take is an injury to Varela/Crespo or Vieirinha and we’ll be “panicking”.  I’d prefer these two in their natural positions rather than the square peg in round hole approach.

As for Hatzeridi, they should set up a bbq outside Toumba on game day where he can cook some brizolia and sell them to fans as they’re walking in.  At least he’d be of some use that way.

Since when are Tosca and Vieirinha not enough on the left side? Man, talk about panicking...

Lyratzis has been announced (renewed) by little George:

49344213_2212497328989929_27753420849560

Linked with Leo Bonatini, who is a Brazilian with an Italian passport: https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/leo-bonatini/profil/spieler/181781

If we get this guy, expect Koulouris to be sold next summer (if the rumors are all true).

Tosca isn’t attacking enough.  You need full backs that push up and join the attack.  Giannoulis does this.  Tosca seems more of a CB who can also play LB if required.

Not impressed with Tosca and Hatzeridi, man oh man he’s our worst signing ever given the hype and his wages.

We’ll see what the second half of the season brings.  Plenty of players came to PAOK and were poor in their first 6 months and then improved afterwards e.g. Varela, Campos, Biseswar.

If Koulouris keeps up this form, it would be outrageous to not give him a go next season.

I can’t find an emoticon for panic.

If someone offers us 7 million for Koulouris, then we'd be foolish not to sell. His numbers this season are unreal...and if we get the guy from Wolves (and he works out), expect the team to move on Karelis, who will cost us peanuts.

-edit- Fenerbahce also might move on Warda. Wouldn't be a terrible idea, if they open up their wallets enough. Wouldn't mind Henrique coming back if that is the case (or Vieirinha being played in his preferred position).

Edited by pash

22 hours ago, Tzatziki said:

Yeah as opposed to our own clubs that have a reputation of prompt payment :hysterical:

Savvidis is solid and is paying well, at least up to now.

Πώς τα βλέπεις τζατζίκι για το πρωτάθλημα; Πιστεύεις θα το γυρίσει ο Ολυμπιακός και θα το σηκώσει;

FFS!!! Bit of a disaster losing Prijovic ?

Reports that PAOK representatives are in England just now talking to Wolves and Leo Bonatini. He was superb for them in the championship, especially the first half of last season.

Would rather not have Berg in our team but I do think we need someone in. Wouldn't even mind a loan move for an out of favour striker at one of the top clubs that maybe has something to prove.. if that was possible. 

Time for Akpom to make himself a hero though? He certainly had/has a huge amount of potential. 

20 hours ago, Yiankos said:

Savvidis is solid and is paying well, at least up to now.

Πώς τα βλέπεις τζατζίκι για το πρωτάθλημα; Πιστεύεις θα το γυρίσει ο Ολυμπιακός και θα το σηκώσει;

I think recent developments can only be of benefit to our title chances!

@DunfermlineAthleticPAOK Bonatini killed it in the first half of last season but in the latter half he didn’t score for 20 games or so.  In addition, he’s not match fit.  So not in form or match fit, compared to Berg who is still banging in the goals like he always has.  I don’t recall a long period of time where Berg has not scored.  He also knows the Greek league.  He is hands down the better option.

All of this would be moot if we weren’t in contention for the title but fact is we are.  Why risk it ?  If we can sign Berg for a reasonable price why not.  Having said that, I don’t know how Berg’s club, PAO and Berg himself will negotiate.  If they try and be too greedy I can see it all falling apart.  In which case, I’d just go and get Koulouris.

El Kaddouri would not solve the problem, as he has a Belgian passport. One of the foreign players (without a second passport) that's currently on the first team needs to make way: Matos, Mauricio, Jaba, Warda, Kacheridi, Shakhov