Phantis Forums

Euro 2020 Qualifying

Blackhawk

well, besides our defense coach fielded a very young team.. excluding defense and goalie we averaged 24 year olds. If I include the subs such as Pavlidis at 20 years old even less. I think the transition has already started, the team just needs some consistency thats all, we might be ready by the time the WC qualifiers come around.

• Like it 2

11 minutes ago, J1078 said:

WOW Armenia just beat Bosnia 4-2

ITALY -15 PTS

FINLAND - 12 PTS

ARMENIA - 9 PTS

BOSNIA - 7 PTS

GREECE - 4PTS

LIECHTENSTEIN - 0 PTS

Armenia are on the rise they were unlucky to get player sent off vs Italy they may have got a draw. 

Anyways as I have been saying here Bosnia are not this fearsome side that some posters talk up. I'm glad to see they will not make it. They were lucky Greece started off so badly against them in Zenica or they would have another loss. 

1 minute ago, Ellada2004 said:

Armenia are on the rise they were unlucky to get player sent off vs Italy they may have got a draw. 

Anyways as I have been saying here Bosnia are not this fearsome side that some posters talk up. I'm glad to see they will not make it. They were lucky Greece started off so badly against them in Zenica or they would have another loss. 

Don't forget Bosnia still have the Nations league playoffs

He says all the right things and it was also interesting he said this:

“Στην Ολλανδία η ομοσπονδία είναι εντελώς ανεξάρτητη και ο προπονητής διαλέγει τους καλύτερους. Δεν υπάρχουν πολιτικές ισορροπίες κι αυτό θα κάνω κι εγώ".

He says the Dutch federation is completely independent and the coach picks the best players. There is no political balances and that’s what I’m going to do. (Meaning he will pick the best players.)

What I get from this is he is indirectly saying that the EPO are political and are involved in call ups. Where as in the Netherlands it’s not like that. 

Also says this:

“Για το αν έχει συζητήσει με την ΕΠΟ πλάνο ανάπτυξης: "Ναι, είναι μέρος της συμφωνίας μας. Προς το παρόν όλη μας η προσοχή είναι στην ανδρών και τους επόμενους μήνες θα αρχίσουμε να βάζουμε και τους προπονητές των μικρών εθνικών ομάδων στο ίδιο κλίμα. Θα συζητήσουμε με την ομοσπονδία για αυτά τα πλάνα και με ποιο τρόπο θα τα υλοποιήσουμε".

On whether he has discussed with the Development Plan to EPO: “Yes, it is part of our deal. At the moment all our attention is on the men’s team and in the coming months we will start putting the coaches of small national teams in the same climate. We will discuss with the federation these plans and how we will implement them. "

I don’t get what’s part of the deal exactly? But the less EPO has a say in the team the better.

He says all the right things but actions speak louder than words and all that is left is execution. 

• Like it 3

12 hours ago, Dean97 said:

He says all the right things and it was also interesting he said this:

“Στην Ολλανδία η ομοσπονδία είναι εντελώς ανεξάρτητη και ο προπονητής διαλέγει τους καλύτερους. Δεν υπάρχουν πολιτικές ισορροπίες κι αυτό θα κάνω κι εγώ".

He says the Dutch federation is completely independent and the coach picks the best players. There is no political balances and that’s what I’m going to do. (Meaning he will pick the best players.)

What I get from this is he is indirectly saying that the EPO are political and are involved in call ups. Where as in the Netherlands it’s not like that. 

Also says this:

“Για το αν έχει συζητήσει με την ΕΠΟ πλάνο ανάπτυξης: "Ναι, είναι μέρος της συμφωνίας μας. Προς το παρόν όλη μας η προσοχή είναι στην ανδρών και τους επόμενους μήνες θα αρχίσουμε να βάζουμε και τους προπονητές των μικρών εθνικών ομάδων στο ίδιο κλίμα. Θα συζητήσουμε με την ομοσπονδία για αυτά τα πλάνα και με ποιο τρόπο θα τα υλοποιήσουμε".

On whether he has discussed with the Development Plan to EPO: “Yes, it is part of our deal. At the moment all our attention is on the men’s team and in the coming months we will start putting the coaches of small national teams in the same climate. We will discuss with the federation these plans and how we will implement them. "

I don’t get what’s part of the deal exactly? But the less EPO has a say in the team the better.

He says all the right things but actions speak louder than words and all that is left is execution. 

Hopefully Van’t Schip gets to pick the players that are in top form and hopefully the EPO stays out of his decision making. Overall I liked his player selections. I was glad he didn’t select Bakasetas a guy who should not have been included at the start of the qualifiers. Fetfa finally getting called and starting was a plus. I just thought Mitroglou should have been called up especially to see some time in the match vs Finland.

16 hours ago, Torontoblue said:

Nothing will change. The guys running the EPO are corrupt asses who only want to look after themselves??

I hope this time it’s not the case but I think you are right. EPO don’t care about the success of the team. They are money grabbing morons. 

8 hours ago, jason said:

But you would think winning means more money for  them... 

This is what kills me... we make our riches when we QUALIFY for tournaments, I really see no win for EPO, even if they were looking at their own best interests, we have no money to get decent coaches so I see no benefit of the current trend and having any way on picking players like Tziolis, Tzavellas, Bakasteas etc...  On top of that, look at the stadium situation, what wins is there for one one wanting to host the team and playing in front of 5,000... lose lose situation - I have said it before, this is the worst run EPO ever

I heard on Georgiou radio show that Greece still has a chance to get in to the Nations league playoffs. They were saying if Norway, Finland or Romania get automatic qualification a spot opens up for Greece? In which case we would play Serbia in playoffs. Anyone heard anything in regards to this being an option.

On 9/18/2019 at 10:10 AM, Ellada2004 said:

I heard on Georgiou radio show that Greece still has a chance to get in to the Nations league playoffs. They were saying if Norway, Finland or Romania get automatic qualification a spot opens up for Greece? In which case we would play Serbia in playoffs. Anyone heard anything in regards to this being an option.

It's true. But the catch is Greece finished 3rd in their group. They are low on the pecking order. The best places teams in 2nd place go, then 3rd place is next.