Phantis Forums

Euro 2020 Qualifying

Blackhawk

I've always been an advocate of Mitroglou and Fortounis being our best in their respective positions even when they're out of form. I'm referring to Koulouris should've been the striker not Donis vs. Bosnia since Mitro was out.

• Like it 2

2 hours ago, J1078 said:

I agree Kolouris should get a shot especially with the numbers he's been putting up but lets not be so quick to throw Mitro out. The guy is a proven goal scorer and yes he doesn't offer anything else and needs the ball fed to him but he is still one of the guys that only needs a little room and can get a big goal for us. Now maybe he shouldn't be playing 90 minutes but id see like to see him coming off the bench or be used with a second striker to open up more room for him when needed. 

He’s an awesome scorer at club level. Not so much internationally. 1 goal every 4 games doesn’t cut it. 

20 hours ago, Jimmyp said:

He’s an awesome scorer at club level. Not so much internationally. 1 goal every 4 games doesn’t cut it. 

he's never gotten a proper 90. probably if you combine all those appearances it's like 60 minutes total. maybe less. they put him on like last 5 minutes of the game if I recall correctly.

Edited by georgelaz

I think Ange will go with Mitroglou if he's healthy going into match vs Italy based on his overall experience. I would like to see Koulouris given a chance. I can't wait for the match vs Italy. I know and play football with lots of Italians and to beat them would be something else. 

Should give Koulouris a full 90. Whether that’s against Italy or not you will only find out if you give him 90 minutes. Again I’m not a huge fan but I’m all for giving him a chance. I see Durmisaj more of an effective striker even though he has less goals. Only because I see other important aspects eg long range shooting, his size, speed and has some flair to his game. 

Koulouris does deserve a chance, his finishing is quite clinical, I think he’s really developing and should get a chance, not sure if that will be vs Italy, but after that he needs to be given the opportunity 

• Like it 1

13 hours ago, Dean97 said:

Should give Koulouris a full 90. Whether that’s against Italy or not you will only find out if you give him 90 minutes. Again I’m not a huge fan but I’m all for giving him a chance. I see Durmisaj more of an effective striker even though he has less goals. Only because I see other important aspects eg long range shooting, his size, speed and has some flair to his game. 

koulouris has excellent long range shooting and he actually does track back to create too.

• Like it 1

I don't want him to leave Atromitos yet to be honest. It's always a risk to move someone fast right when they hit peak form.

Maybe have a good season with PAOK now that Prijo is gone too with better team mates around creating for him.

2 hours ago, georgelaz said:

koulouris has excellent long range shooting and he actually does track back to create too.

He does drop back to help out which is good and does more than what Mitroglou does. He has only scored 1 long shot. A strikers needs to score in different ways. He can score with his head and is dangerous in the box but that’s about it. I hope he proves me wrong though...

• Like it 1

4 hours ago, Dean97 said:

He does drop back to help out which is good and does more than what Mitroglou does. He has only scored 1 long shot. A strikers needs to score in different ways. He can score with his head and is dangerous in the box but that’s about it. I hope he proves me wrong though...

bicycle kicks for days. he has a nice snap shot that can be honed from outside the box. remember that snapshot volley for the NT in nations league? 

Ange A was quoted mentioning he would of picked Florin Darmishaj for both recent matches. Would he of chosen Mitroglou, Koulouris and Darmishaj, or just the two strikers? Koulouris has great scoring form this season. Mitro may have missed out altogether. 

6 hours ago, georgelaz said:

bicycle kicks for days. he has a nice snap shot that can be honed from outside the box. remember that snapshot volley for the NT in nations league? 

Yeah I think so. It just went wide. I say give him a chance, he has all the confidence and that’s important for a striker.

I'm nervous he's gunna lose his form because paok is gunna swoop him next season. Sink or swim. Much like how we lost the 2013 mitroglou to fulham. 

arguably though Mitroglou got back his form at Benfica

2 hours ago, Dean97 said:

Just a question... do you guys think we will make this tournament and if we do how far??

Still tough to say.. I am feeling more optimistic from what I’ve seen so far but I think we will have a better idea after June’s matches..

• Like it 1

2 minutes ago, J1078 said:

Still tough to say.. I am feeling more optimistic from what I’ve seen so far but I think we will have a better idea after June’s matches..

Yeah true I just hope we do make it I don’t want to see another tournament without Greece. I’d like to also stick it to the other countries as they are always envious and jealous of Greece and always underestimate us.

Edited by Dean97
  • Like it 2

18 hours ago, Dean97 said:

Yeah true I just hope we do make it I don’t want to see another tournament without Greece. I’d like to also stick it to the other countries as they are always envious and jealous of Greece and always underestimate us.

Ya I just want us to qualify first and foremost its great to see Greece play in tournament football. I think if the team keeps getting better and the younger players step it up then maybe they can get passed the group stages and even further with a good draw. Just avoid the powerhouse teams like France, Belgium and Spain. 

Ethniki will keep improving as Samaris and Zeca keep clicking together, as they are in great form. The engine room has been the weakest link in this team for the longest time. Also, we need the injured players back on deck and to keep Marouras/Kolovos on one wing and Donis on the other as well. The team looks happy to be around each other.

I admire Ange A for trying 3 defenders at the back, changing up the systems. He also made the perfect substitutions in particular, against Bosnia-Herts. Positive signs ahead.