Phantis Forums

Euro 2020 Qualifying

Blackhawk

11 hours ago, Dean97 said:

Apparently now they are saying Sokratis is still hopeful to play in the first 2 matches as he got treatment on his ankle. This is good news as it a good chance we can beat or draw Bosnia.

If that's the case I still wouldn't paly him in the first game as I don't want to take a chance that he reaggravates his injury. I would save him for the Bosnia game. If our guys cant beat Lichtenstein without Socratis then we have bigger problems then we thought. 

• Like it 3

On 3/18/2019 at 4:49 PM, J1078 said:

I don't really care if Mantalos is injured but isn't it funny how before every qualifier or tournament our players seem to drop like flies??? This is starting to become comical.. Never fails

So true. So frustrating. 

15 hours ago, Jimmyp said:

Then don’t play. Simple. Put someone else in with a better attitude. I see this all over. Guys giving up because things don’t go their way. Sucking out cuz they’re not doing well. Oh well. Life’s not fair. Deal with it. No one blamed him when lukaku destroyed him in that thing goal. Look in the mirror. 

He's just being honest. I understanding that those aren't comments you want to be hearing from your captain, but he does care. He's frustrated with the state of the NT and wants success. 

Also I don't put too much blame on him for that goal. What was he to do with a beast like Lukaku in the box without fouling him? It was a perfect placement from the big man. 

On 3/18/2019 at 3:45 PM, georgelaz said:

I think he's letting the Arsenal thing get to his head. If he was on a team like Dortmund I don't think he would retire like that. That's stuff that English, French, etc. players do. Under dog teams like us the players play till they retire ie Karagounis taking us to knockouts beating Russia when he was 35.

Sokratis is very frustrated with the NT. The fans not showing support. The greek players with loser mentalities. It's just not fun for him anymore and he feels like he's putting water in a hole with a bucket. I hope he changes his mind but at the same time him publically saying that also is a bad attitude. Much like Messi doing that with Argentina. whereas Ronaldo never has thought of stepping down from Portugal. Ronaldo is always wanting to play for it all and takes responsibility. That's why for me I like Ronald much more then Messi.Ronaldo lifts everyone around him. Whereas Messi is passive aggressive and trys to get player he doesn't like away from the NT.

I agree that Ronaldo is the ultimate. Karagounis as well, was with the NT until 37.

I see Sokratis much closer to Ronaldo than to Messi in terms of attitude though. Ronaldo always had a team around him. A team like he was used to at ManU and Real Madrid, no, and that must have been frustrating in its own right. Nevertheless, the frustration Sokratis is feeling with the stagnating/declining Greek NT, infected with politics and ego, has surely taken a toll. I think Sokratis is more irritated with EPO and the coaches they hire and money they invest, more than anything. 

• Like it 1

Is anyone else a little nervous about this first game that every seems to be overlooking? We’ve seen this team with its worst efforts against these type of teams.. if we are tied after 45 I will be shitting my pants.. An early goal is key, the longer it stays scoreless into the match this where we start to panic and make stupid mistakes..

3 hours ago, J1078 said:

Is anyone else a little nervous about this first game that every seems to be overlooking? We’ve seen this team with its worst efforts against these type of teams.. if we are tied after 45 I will be shitting my pants.. An early goal is key, the longer it stays scoreless into the match this where we start to panic and make stupid mistakes..

I am a bit nervous, but this will be brought up pre-game in the dressing room and I think our players will be ready. 

• Like it 1

8 hours ago, J1078 said:

If that's the case I still wouldn't paly him in the first game as I don't want to take a chance that he reaggravates his injury. I would save him for the Bosnia game. If our guys cant beat Lichtenstein without Socratis then we have bigger problems then we thought. 

100%! Looks like first team line up with Lichtenstein... but until game time we won’t really know, I’d like some key players rested for Bosnia

• Like it 1

I don’t if we should rest all our key players for the Lichtenstein game. We don’t well lately against minnows. Look at what happened against Saudi Arabia in a friendly. I know it was a friendly but still it goes to show you that our 2nd or 3rd team are not good enough to beat the smaller teams. If Sokratis dosent play the first game then we might have an issue. I’d like to see Siopis and Valerianos play to see what they got. 

Dont worry George if Sokratis is there he will do nothing against us! Just watched highlights of Greece Euro win vs Portugal and game vs Croatia in Euro 2012 qualifiers were Greece destroyed them in Athens, time to KO Bosnia!! Pa Me Ellada!!!

• Like it 3

So Gracenote released who will Qualify for this tournament. They crunched numbers, stats, players, stadiums etc etc. 

They have Greece not qualifying. They have the group as this Italy, Bosnia, Finland, Greece, Armenia , Litchenstein. 

Lol ? Fml. Is this a bad omen already ?

Gracenote is a Nielsen company that provides in depth game stats for the NBA, NHL, NFL, MLB, and Soccer. 

One of the things that's annoying me as a lot of players now seem to put their club ahead of the NT whereas it seemed the opposite during euro 2004 and 2012.

eg) if a player has any minor knock now they will miss out on qualifiers. It's not just a Greek thing though, it seems that way with a lot of countries. I think it's because club football is becoming more and more profitable. Whereas in the early 2000s it was somewhat equal

21 minutes ago, Torontoblue said:

So Gracenote released who will Qualify for this tournament. They crunched numbers, stats, players, stadiums etc etc. 

They have Greece not qualifying. They have the group as this Italy, Bosnia, Finland, Greece, Armenia , Litchenstein. 

Gracenote is a Nielsen company that provides in depth game stats for the NBA, NHL, NFL, MLB, and Soccer. 

95% of sites are saying Bosnia and Italy will qualify from this group.. Are we really surprised? Of course they are favoured why wouldn’t they be? They are in a higher fifa ranking, they advanced to the Nations league playoffs meanwhile Greece lost to Estonia.. There is no question we are the underdogs but maybe it’s better that way for us..

• Like it 2

3 hours ago, Torontoblue said:

I went to a site ultra.zone and on the first group simulation I did it had Greece winning the group with Italy 2nd and the Bosnians 5th lol..

• Like it 1

6 minutes ago, Dean97 said:

Cyprus beat San Marino 5-0. I don’t know if  Greece can do the same. As I’ve said before Greece need all their players healthy in order to get the best results.

Every team needs their players healthy to get best results. 

I heard the coach is thinking of resting some key players in the first game in order for them to be fresh for Bosnia. In my opinion this is a big mistake. They don’t have the talent to do that. 

Yes you are right. We haven’t got the depth. Belgium, Brazil, Spain and Germany have got depth in their teams. There is alway a player to replace that is good enough in their squads. 

I too believe that resting key players for the first match is wrong. We couldn’t beat Faroes islands with our full enough squad. What’s going to happen now by playing inexperienced players. Siopis is good enough to play but Bakasetas shouldn’t. 

I read that Anastasiadis is going to either play a 3-5-2 or 4-2-3-1. Also the players that are definitely starting in the first match regardless of the formation are Samaris, Vlachodimos, Siovas, Fortounis, Bakasetas, Zeca amd Mitroglou.

Yes, Bakasetas is going to start. FFS!!

• Like it 1

1 hour ago, Dean97 said:

Yes you are right. We haven’t got the depth. Belgium, Brazil, Spain and Germany have got depth in their teams. There is alway a player to replace that is good enough in their squads. 

I too believe that resting key players for the first match is wrong. We couldn’t beat Faroes islands with our full enough squad. What’s going to happen now by playing inexperienced players. Siopis is good enough to play but Bakasetas shouldn’t. 

I read that Anastasiadis is going to either play a 3-5-2 or 4-2-3-1. Also the players that are definitely starting in the first match regardless of the formation are Samaris, Vlachodimos, Siovas, Fortounis, Bakasetas, Zeca amd Mitroglou.

If he does this he’s making a big mistake, he needs to start the guys that are going to be playing against Bosnia and use this game to build confidence and chemistry together.. I don’t know what the mindset behind this is.. Why play your most important game with line up that will be rusty or unfamiliar with each other.. Man I hope this is not true..

i also read  a similar article that said he may go with something unexpected in the first game.. did he not  see what happend against Estonia when he used a messed up line up???

• Like it 2

4 hours ago, Jimmyp said:

Every team needs their players healthy to get best results. 

I heard the coach is thinking of resting some key players in the first game in order for them to be fresh for Bosnia. In my opinion this is a big mistake. They don’t have the talent to do that. 

The coach better field the best eleven and don’t take them lightly. Earlier today Scotland got destroyed by light weights Kazakhstan 3-0.

• Like it 1

3 hours ago, Dean97 said:

O God I hope he doesn’t play Bakasetas, the guy is not in form with AEK and with the NT he has yet to play a decent game.

• Like it 1