Phantis Forums

Nations League #6 - Greece vs. Estonia (Olympic Stadium, Athens, Greece) - 18 Nov 2018 21:45

Antaeus7

At least they tried... This was the most embarrassing game after the game versus Finland under Skibbe, but today we put up a decent fight. The Fortounis free kick almost went in.

That said, we dont have a team as many of you observed. We cannot afford to play our reserves against Estonia, Luxembourg and the likes. Why did he choose Lampropoulos over Siovas thats beyond me. Vlachodimos - Torosidis Manolas Papastathopoulos Koutris - Zeca Fortounis (Kourbelis? - a joke but somebody must play) - (no idea) Mitroglou Donis(?). Thats all we have, and Karnezis Siovas Retsos Lykogiannis Karelis(?) on the bench.

• Like it 1

16 minutes ago, Jimmyp said:

I have a 13 and 16 year old.cant hurt to try them out lol. 

Bring back Aravidis and Avraam. Malezas could also play as a CB, couldnt do much more harm than Lampropoulos. This team is a disaster. There are players in the STANDARD starting XI I dont mind but these reserves are a joke. They mustnt play, just sit there on the bench! If somebody is injured, sub in Retsos or Siovas. Just no Mantalos and no Bakasetas.

36 minutes ago, J1078 said:

We are going to finish 3rd In a group of Finland , Hungary and Estonia.. we suck...

At the begining of this tournament if someone would have told me that we would finish 3rd in this group I never would have believed it.

How can we lose Estonia at home?  Im just at a loss for words

• Like it 1

Can you guys imagine the beat down we are going to get in the Euro qualifiers...  This is what happens when you field a bunch of players that are not use to playing together and are forced to play positions they've never played before.. 

• Like it 1

Nowadays these shitty teams like to play against us I guess. Some of our players looked like if they wouldnt have wanted to make that Estonian keeper sad by scoring a goal. Faroe Islands played twice against us, and they were happy. We gave Luxembourg a sense of achievement. Finland beats first the Tsanas team in 2015, then Skibbes "team". We lost Belarus at home with Tziolis as team captain.

Could you imagine how infinitely sad these Estonian guys would have been if we would have scored an equalizer in the dying minutes of the game? Perhaps you can understand now why our players did not score. This bunch of pathetic jokes should be called The Empathetic Team.

• Like it 1

2 minutes ago, J1078 said:

Can you guys imagine the beat down we are going to get in the Euro qualifiers...  This is what happens when you field a bunch of players that are not use to playing together and are forced to play positions they've never played before.. 

Bakasetas, Mantalos, Samaris and Bouchalakis should be forced to retire!

• Like it 1

"It is important that these minnows could show improvement and be proud of their achievements", said Angelos Anastasiadis, head coach of the Greek NT after the League of Nations home loss against Estonia (0-1).

"We cannot be killjoys, this is not the proper spirit", said Greek international Anastasios Bakasetas. (source: agonasports.com)

3 minutes ago, jason said:

Ahhhhhh what an idiot... we lost to estonians with our B team... 

Our "B team" should be forgotten. Skibbe lost to Belarus with his B team. What is called Greek B team now is a group of useless tits, we dont have 23 decent players. Kolovetsios Risvanis Bouchalakis Lampropoulos Giannoulis Bakasetas Mantalos these guys mustnt play!

• Like it 1

Listening to Nova sports FM one of the analyst is ripping coach Ange for starting lineup with a mid consisting of Samaris ,Bouchalakis, and Zeca. He also couldn't understand why he gave a 1st cap to Lambropoulos and not calling up an in form Kolouris for this game with Mitroglou out of action and starting Karelis. Basically saying the coach approached this game like a friendly and should have tried to play our best lineup to get 2nd place in the group. All good points. When I got in just before kick off and saw the starting lineup I was like what??

These guys couldn't play one touch soccer if there life depended on it.... even with current talent pool we should always beat Finaland, Hungary and estonia no excuse it's a cultural issue... look at empty Olympic stadium... the players played with same apathetic attitude. Ange just brought more apathy I dont see any fire in anyone...

• Like it 1

We lack leadership. Sokratis is a champion. However we dont have a stoma like Karagounis. He was a stoma that knew how to take players on both with the stoma and the footwork. Passion and spirit is what we lack. Alot like the country itself and it has been missing for quite a few years now. Dont want to sound dramatic but Ellatha became an empire again and it has crumbled again but this time in football terms. We may be an empire again but maybe not for years. As far as personnel goes, we need to use the lads that are playing abroad (in the bigger leagues) alot more and only use GSL players when we run out of options. We keep ignoring players that play in holland and belgium and that is a massive fail. More importantly we need a leader, like Karagounis to emerge. A pehtara with a stoma. Someone who runs his heart out up and down the pitch. To get under the skin of the opposition to stand up to opposition bullies and to inspire his team mates. That 2004 team had about half a dozen pehtares with a stoma. We had such a good mix of players. The country and the team believed anything was possible. Now our boys go through the motions. Its  not that we dont try its that we dont care enough. The country has far more pressing issues right now to put things into perspective. When you see the crowds for the ethniki now and go back to qualification for world cup 1994, when Machlas nailed the header against Russia to get us into the world cup, our first one ever, its no comparison. That crowd was sick and so passionate. The passion hit a high when we won Euro and greeks celebrated all around the world especially in Ellatha like no one else can. Sometime when you hit the top of the mountain the only way is down and that takes away all that you had. Now we dont play Russia anymore, we play bits and pieces of the old soviet union that has been taken away from Russia and these minoes give us a hard time both football wise and also in a physical sense. Even as bad as we are i cant stop watching the Ethniki. Always in my heart my favourite world football team anywhere anytime. Always.

• Like it 3

if you look at highlights seems like luck wasn't on our side. bakasetas inches from scoring twice. fortounis an inch from free kick. karelis an insane scissor kick

the team selection was wack though. masouras looked deace too an actual winger

2 hours ago, Torontoblue said:

It's going to be interesting to see who we get in our group for the qualifiers.  If that even matters anymore lol ? 

We will now have to hope to get fairly lucky with an easier draw.  We will still draw better teams but hopefully not 2 top clubs and hope to snag 2nd.   

A concerning uphill battle ahead.  Feels like pre '04 days now with the NT.

• Like it 1

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and locked this topic