Phantis Forums

Nations League - Game #5 - Greece V. Finland (Olympic Stadium, Athens) - November 15, 2018

Argy

I don’t know. Fetfa and Donis are good technically for me but they seem to small And weak to me to be on the pitch at the same time. D is the strength of this team so try playing the guys that can play both ways other than one dimensional guys. But then again, that’s why we’re posting here and they’re coaching and playing there. They know way more than all of us put together. 

5 hours ago, Jimmyp said:

I don’t know. Fetfa and Donis are good technically for me but they seem to small And weak to me to be on the pitch at the same time. D is the strength of this team so try playing the guys that can play both ways other than one dimensional guys. But then again, that’s why we’re posting here and they’re coaching and playing there. They know way more than all of us put together. 

Jimmy boy, the last three coaches proved time and again their systems failed. This guy started with no wingers in the squad. The jury is out on Angelos already and if he doesn't identify shortfalls, as his predessessors , the countdown has already started, till he is out the door. 

For me, there are people on this forum without coaching aspirations, that succeed in other areas of life that would perhaps do a better job quite frankly with the same resources..

Edited by ausgreek
  • Like it 1

7 hours ago, Dean97 said:

I don’t know what to think about this. Was he saying that he would like to play players out of position?

His reply seems very unclear to me. Im not sure but it seems like he wasn’t answering the question. Seems like he tried to spin it without giving a clear answer. 

I didn’t understand what he was trying to get at either.. but by his response it seems like he doesn’t care about what position players play...  This through up a bit of a red flag to me after those comments.. 

• Like it 1

2 hours ago, J1078 said:

I didn’t understand what he was trying to get at either.. but by his response it seems like he doesn’t care about what position players play...  This through up a bit of a red flag to me after those comments.. 

That’s probably what he meant. He needs to realise that Pelkas and Mantalos can’t do the job on the wing. 

11 hours ago, ausgreek said:

Jimmy boy, the last three coaches proved time and again their systems failed. This guy started with no wingers in the squad. The jury is out on Angelos already and if he doesn't identify shortfalls, as his predessessors , the countdown has already started, till he is out the door. 

For me, there are people on this forum without coaching aspirations, that succeed in other areas of life that would perhaps do a better job quite frankly with the same resources..

Yeah and all of us could do better than brain surgeons, or nasa scientists too. If we were qualified enough to make those decisions, we wouldn’t be passing time by posting on here. We would have more important things to do. Don’t confuse you being a fan and carrying the team in your heart for knowledge. I’m telling you this respectfully. It’s a lot harder to do than you think. 

Picking the right players in the right positions is not brain surgery, or rocket science. I'm telling you that respectfully. It is not impossible coaching them. At this level, they are man managed mainly instead cause they are the elite.

This coach not learning from previous other coaches' clangers is no excuse. I honestly think he is on countdown to the end of the next Euros. First impressions count and tbh, his are not flattering already.

• Like it 1

17 minutes ago, ausgreek said:

Picking the right players in the right positions is not brain surgery, or rocket science. I'm telling you that respectfully. It is not impossible coaching them. At this level, they are man managed mainly instead cause they are the elite.

This coach not learning from previous other coaches' clangers is no excuse. I honestly think he is on countdown to the end of the next Euros. First impressions count and tbh, his are not flattering already.

Let’s see how it goes today. And let’s see the upcoming qualifiers. Hopefully a win today will help. 

• Like it 1

On 11/18/2018 at 2:09 AM, J1078 said:

During the press conference today a reporter asked the coach "there has been a lot of talk on why you choose to play with three 10's against Finland exactly what Skibbe did?" Coach is answer " I don't recognize players by their number whether they are a 10 or a 9 or a 6 and I don't choose players based on that"... That is a horrible way to coach in my opinion.... I hope he wasn't series... Obviously the question was directed towards Pelkas and Mantalos playing on the wing... 

Holly smokes! Another very bad sign... land of the dumb I swear... 

On 11/18/2018 at 4:43 AM, Jimmyp said:

If we think laz, fetfa, and Donis are the saviours of this team then we’re in trouble. 

I disagree with this strongly.

The team can’t create decent chances because we are so friken slow. Fetfa and Donis would really help us be faster and offer much more creativity out wide than the crap we have seen from Mantalos, Bakasetas and Pelkas. 

• Like it 1
  • Thanks 1

• 11 months later...
On 11/20/2018 at 12:34 AM, Alphonse said:

If we think laz, fetfa, and Donis are the saviours of this team then we’re in trouble

lol. we had no team before ...these guys provide some life to a lifeless team

On 11/17/2018 at 5:43 PM, Jimmyp said:

wingers are usually not known for immense strength it's their bursts of pace and creativity which opens up space. Obvious exceptions like CR7. Rotating Limnios/Fetfa/Donis we'd have actual wings and to a lesser extent Masouras who has pace and can head the ball alright

laz was okay as a supersub after his AEK double but he's getting up there in age for a winger and will he even be the same coming back not sure!

missing out on Mitroglou's form in 2013 for the NT and then he got injured and benched at Fulham slowed him down a lot he had potential to be one of the best strikers. Double footed, great head and strength. Similar to Ibra a bit?

Edited by georgelaz

I was really enjoying some of our passing game va Bosnia (I finally found the game on ESPN) who would have thought. 

mantalos was serving up some good passes too, I’d give him some credit. Bakasetas too!

my biggest and maybe only disappointment was koulouris missing a wide open shot on goal with the goalie on the ground. I know it’s a lot of pressure but YOURE WIDE OPEN 

Edited by Bardouuu
Additional comments