Phantis Forums

Odysseas Vlachodimos - Nottingham Forest

Argy

It seems to be official that Odysseas Vlachodimos has been cleared by FIFA to represent Greece, and is expected to be called up as soon as the upcoming Nations League matches vs Finland and Estonia in a couple of weeks. 

• Like it 1

• Argy changed the title to Odysseas Vlachodimos - S.L. Benfica

Called up to the NT. Potential Greek #1 for the next decade. Important moment for the ethniki and credit to EPO taking the necessary steps to get FIFA approval, before he becomes too good and Germany comes knocking.

• Like it 2

• 7 months later...

Odysseas is linked to some huge European clubs such as Manchester United, new castle, Roma, Arsenal and Chelsea. I’m pretty sure Arsenal’s cech is retiring this summer.

could be just talk but it’s nice to see some of our players being discussed as candidates for top clubs

• 4 months later...
On 11/4/2019 at 7:37 AM, Bardouuu said:

“In 2019 the Benfica GK currently leads Europe’s top 10 leagues in Clean Sheets (8) & Goals Conceded (3) with a 90% save rate”

yet we will play any goalie besides him lmao.

He plays only in Portugal while Barkas plays for a Super League team! Im sure that counts.

Do you forget he has started for us and was not great? Just because he plays at Benfica we MUST start this guy? I don't get the hype, big deal, it's the Portuguese league, it's not that much better than the Super League. 

Barkas has been much more consistent and hasn't had brain failures like Vlacho has for the ethniki. He he get more games, don't stress. I just hope he does not s%$#! the bed like he has previously. 

The truth it doesn’t matter who we put at keeper. They are more or else the same. As all have had ups and downs. I like how we have rotated players in this position as it creates competition for a spot. 

But if I have had to pick a keeper I’d choose Vlachodimos as the number 1. He is more talented and plays champions league. He’s got more of a future than Paschalakis. Paschalakis is overrated in my opinion. Barkas is more reliable than he is and is a solid number 2 option. We can’t forget others like Dioudis who has impressed many times and also that young player that plays in Bulgaria is one to keep your eye on. Dioudis should be 3rd choice going forward. 

Edited by Dean97

• 2 months later...

A lot of talk about him making a move to Ajax. They really want him over there as they suspect their current keeper Onana will be departing at the end of the season.

vlachodimos is having a great season on the other hand comparable to some of the best goalies in Europe in regards to number of clean sheets and percentage of shots blocked 

• Argy pinned this topic
  • Dutch Eagle unpinned this topic
  • 7 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Vlachodimos keeps a clean sheet in the 2nd leg of the round of 16 tie against Ajax, Benfica win the match 0-1 and are through to the quarter finals. 

In what has been a disappointing domestic campaign for Benfica it's a great effort to reach the quarter finals of the Champions League. 

• Like it 3

• 4 weeks later...

While Benfica did lost 3-1 in the first league of their quarter final Champions league match up against Liverpool, fans of the club have said Vlach was their man of the match. He has been top tier this year, and is linked potentially with Athletico Madrid if Oblak leaves for the prem this summer. Newcastle have also shown interest as they are going to go on a shopping spree this summer with their new owners. 

• Like it 1

• Dutch Eagle changed the title to Odysseas Vlachodimos - Nottingham Forest