Phantis Forums

Trump Is Not the Problem, the DNC is

The president gave a speech at  the  U.N. General Assembly and  typically boasted about his administration is the ‘most accomplished’ in America’s history.  There was a slight pause but then a very loud ripple of laughter went around the hall.

It is well known that people who laugh do not fight.  Therefore, the president achieved in minutes what the U.N.  failed to achieve in 70+ years.

Kudos also are due to Mrs Clinton and the DNP  for facilitating the  election  of  the noble Donald.   Apparently  the meaning of the name Donald is "world-ruler" and  as we all know, the peacemakers are blessed.  Obviously, the last election was won by the better man.

• Haha 1

On 9/24/2018 at 4:51 PM, Bananas said:

I think the only solution is to remove voting rights from pleb voters.  I will have to design a test to detect said plebs.  Any ideas ?

...they post in forums? Either that, or they don't post in forums? It's one of the two - not sure which one. 

In the country where I live (USA), the ruling government party considers all non-white voters as 'plebs'. While they cannot outright suspend their voting rights (yet), they try and make it increasingly difficult for them to vote. For them it's white men =  patricians, white women & colored people=plebs, black people =  slaves. Still, to date.

I wish they would build that wall, to keep them all out of my beloved Mexico.

Edited by Pepito

I think the only solution is to remove voting rights from pleb voters.....

Are you serious? The upper class is mostly parasitic. If the upper class were as smart as it believe it is, it would be speaking to the plebes in a way they can understand. The way the upper class is speaking to the plebes m is of the type:

II do not care for your ideas, hopes, or fears. You are unable to understand what is important. Vote for me and (1)I will solve the problems you really have while (2) simply ignoring the problems you think you have. Some of your problems are insolvable and nothing can be done for them. Trust me, I know better than you.

I think Bananas was joking (I hope).

Bashibazuk

Bashibzuk

you seem to be a person with multiple personalities.

Let us hope that there is one that is not bad and that when I retire every personality will be pensioned.

The elitist human is a parasite....that's why our species is being transformed in a parasitic organism through their leadership and guidance especially over the last 3 decades.

If one had read the text copied from the Economist above, one would have read that

1. Europe and America are in the throes of a popular rebellion against liberal elites, who are seen as self-serving and unable, or unwilling, to solve the problems of ordinary people.
  2. …... the liberal meritocracy is closed and self-sustaining.
  3. .......
  4.  ….. The ruling class live in a bubble. They go to the same colleges, marry each other, live in the same streets and work in the same offices. Remote from power, most people are expected to be content with growing material prosperity instead ...

If  these statements are true, I would deduce that the upper class is mostly parasitic.

The motto of the revolting America was “Give me liberty, or give me death!" .  I doubt that Patrick Henry would have said, if living today, “ screw freedom, give me penicillin, a car, a television and a computer“.

1) Neither Bashibazuk nor Bashibzuk

BashibOzuk

2) While we were rhapsodizing about the upper class, Shamus Khan wrote an article (appeared today) in the Washington Post) under the title Kavanaught is lying, His upbringing explains why.

The article is not really about the present Kavanauthtian statements but it raises questions about the ethics of the upper American class. Namely,

How could a man who appears to value honor and the integrity of the legal system explain this apparent mendacity? How could a man brought up in some of our nation’s most storied institutions — Georgetown Prep, Yale College, Yale Law School — dissemble with such ease? The answer lies in the privilege such institutions instill in their members, a privilege that suggests the rules that govern American society are for the common man, not the exceptional one.

Elite schools like Georgetown Prep and Yale have long cultivated this sensibility in conscious and unconscious ways.

What makes these schools elite is that so few can attend. In the mythologies they construct, only those who are truly exceptional are admitted — precisely because they are not like everyone else. Yale President Peter Salovey, for instance, has welcomed freshmen by telling them that they are “the very best students.” To attend these schools is to be told constantly: You’re special, you’re a member of the elect, you have been chosen because of your outstanding qualities and accomplishments.

Schools often quite openly affirm the idea that, because you are better, you are not governed by the same dynamics as everyone else. They celebrate their astonishingly low acceptance rates and broadcast lists of notable alumni who have earned their places within the nation’s highest institutions, such as the Supreme Court. I heard these messages constantly when I attended St. Paul’s, one of the most exclusive New England boarding schools, where boys and girls broke rules with impunity, knowing that the school would protect them from the police and that their families would help ensure only the most trivial of consequences.

This narrative of the exceptional student rests on a fiction with pathological consequences: Economist Raj Chetty has shown that children whose parents are in the top 1 percent of earners are 77 times more likely to attend an Ivy League school than are the children of poorer parents — meaning that, in cases like this, admission is less about talent and more about coming from the right family. In that way, privilege casts inherited advantages as “exceptional” qualities that justify special treatment. No wonder that, when the poor lie, they’re more likely to do so to help others, according to research by Derek D. Rucker, Adam D. Galinsky and David Dubois, whereas when the rich lie, they’re more likely to do it to help themselves.…

(For more, if interested, use google)

The irony is good but

1. The number 77  (above) and  the types of  rich/poor patterns of lying  (above) need some explaining.  
  2. The statements of the Economist, if not true, must be shown to be false.
  3. The  article that I quoted above is also claiming (right or wrong) that  

The French aristocracy, for instance, was endowed with privileges, primarily exemption from taxation. Today’s equivalents are not aristocrats, yet they have both the sense and the experience that the rules don’t really apply to them and that they can act without much concern for the consequences. Elite schools like Georgetown Prep and Yale have long cultivated this sensibility in conscious and unconscious ways.

The statement above ,  if  true,  cannot  be explained with the  a**holes exist theory.   I, for one, hope that

1. The Republicans will understand how and why the bozo was nominated and
  2. The Democrats will understand  how and why the bozo was elected 

The a**holes theory will not help anyone to avoid a new CatasTrumbia and/or WreCklintonia.

On September 30 one could read in the Washington Post one could read the  review of a book titled Winners Take All: The Elite Charade; Charade of Changing the World. The first two paragraphs of the review can be read below:

More than a century ago, Oscar Wilde outlined the danger posed by those trying hard to improve society. “Just as the worst slave-owners were those who were kind to their slaves, and so prevented the horror of the system being realized by those who suffered from it, and understood by those who contemplated it,” Wilde wrote, “so, in the present state of things in England, the people who do most harm are the people who try to do most good.”

In his impassioned new book, “Winners Take All: The Elite Charade of Changing the World,” journalist Anand Giridharadas argues that the equivalent of today’s slaveholders are the elite citizens of the world, who are philanthropic more often than not — but in ways that ultimately serve only to protect and further their interests and cement the status quo. “For when elites assume leadership of social change, they are able to reshape what social change is — above all, to present it as something that should never threaten winners,” he writes.

Well, first, try to speak directly to the man, not his press agent.

Second, anyone who is able to lounge around and dabble in philosophy, has no job, is well-connected (if not the same entity) to the master of the universe, I'd say he is not of the common class.:devil-785870:

There was a fellow who served as USA-president and was not a member of the upper class either before or after his presidency: Harry Truman

1. His father was a farmer and mule trader

2. He could not afford a college education

3. He worked a variety of jobs after high school, first as a timekeeper for a

railroad construction company, and as a clerk and a bookkeeper at two separate banks in Kansas City. After five years, he returned to farming and joined the National Guard.

4. When World War I erupted, Truman volunteered for duty. Though he was 33 years-old—two years older than the age limit for the draft—and eligible for exemption as a farmer, he helped organize his National Guard regiment, which was ultimately called into service in the 129th Field Artillery

5. in 1919 he made a foray into business when he and an associate,  set up a hat shop in Kansas City. The business failed in 1922. With the closing of the business, Truman owed $20,000 to creditors. He refused to accept bankruptcy and insisted on paying back all the money he borrowed, which took more than 15 years.

6. Truman was elected to the United States Senate in 1934

7. In 1944 FDR wanted as his running mate Henry Wallace. The rank and file liked Wallace. Nevertheless, the insiders disliked him and it was apparent that Roosevelt might not survive his fourth term. A reluctant Truman was nominated and became the running mate of Roosevelt

8. Truman was a segregationist. Nevertheless, the president Truman (a) established by executive order the President’s Committee on Civil Rights. The committee was instructed to investigate the status of civil rights in the United States and propose measures to strengthen and protect the civil rights of American citizens. (b) was the first president to address the NAACP,July 29, 1947 (c) On February 2, 1948, Truman sent a  Special Message to Congress on Civil Rights, in which he requested that Congress implement the committee’s recommendations and (d) On July 26, 1948, issued Executive Order 9981, banning segregation of the Armed Forces. .

The question now is if the presidency transformed Truman into the upper class. I do not think so.

9. The Washington Post Music Critic Paul Hume reviewed Margaret Truman's singing performance at Constitution Hall as follows:

"Miss Truman is a unique American phenomenon with a pleasant voice of little size and fair quality; she cannot sing very well,is flat a good deal of the time, more last night than at any time we have heard her in past years,has not improved in the years we have heard her and still cannot sing with anything approaching professional finish."

President Truman responded with the following letter to Hume:

I've just read your lousy review of Margaret's concert. …...."

It seems to me that you are a frustrated old man who wishes he could have been successful. When you write such poppy-cock as was in the back section of the paper you work for it shows conclusively that you're off the beam ...

Some day I hope to meet you. When that happens you'll need a new nose, a lot of beefsteak for black eyes, and perhaps a supporter below!

(Hume sold this letter in 1951, for $3,500.

On the balance, the ”low-class” Truman was a pretty a good president.

I have the impression that your data are a bit off.  The data listed below come from the wikipedia

1. The Japanese had several quaint beliefs: such as

a) First you attack and then you declare war

b) The men in the conquered lands could be treated as slaves

c) The women in the conquered could be honored by serving in brothels for the heroic Japanese soldiers.

2. Before the use of atomic bombs

a) The Vice Chief of the Imperial Japanese Navy General StaffVice Admiral Takijirō Ōnishi, predicted up to 20 million Japanese deaths.

b) There were several studies of the USA about the American casualties. The first estimated 130,000 and 220,000 U.S. casualties, of which 25,000 to 46,000 deaths

c) The USA was tracking the defensive preparations of Japan,Japanese. A second study estimated

1.7-4 millons American casualties; of them 400K-800K would be deaths. The fatalities of the Japanese were between 5M and 10M.

3. There was an agreement with the UK; use of nuclear weapons would not be used against another country without mutual consent. The UK consented.

4. The deaths by bombing are estimated as 129,000–226,000

5. The survivors of the bombings (and affected by the bombing) were ~650K according the Japanese government. As of March 31, 2018, 154,859 were still alive,

6. There were indirect consequences; I do not know they can be assessed.

7. The directly affected were at most 226+650K=876K

8. The cold numbers suggest the use of atomic bombs saved lives.

9. In a sane world Truman would have received the Nobel Peace Prize.

• 2 weeks later...

On 19/10/2018 the Washington Post had an article titled How Trump captured working class voters and how the Democrats lost them.

The juicy points (in my opinion) of the article are the following:

1. In Luzerne County. Trump got 77%of the county’s votes

2. …. from the middle of the Great Depression through 1980, the top 10 percent of Americans received 30% of the nation’s income growth, and the other 90 percent took in 70 percent of it. But from 1997 to the present, the top 10 percent took in all of the U.S. income growth, and the bottom 90 percent got none. This shift occurred partly under the watch of presidents Bill Clinton and Barack Obama.
  3. Luckily for the country, not all election stories are grim Jess Harker was a nurse born into a pro-union Democratic household. But when she married Ray Harker, Bradlee writes, “he served as both her religious and political mentor,” and Jess became an evangelical Christian Republican. When Trump emerged as the GOP nominee, she “went all-in for Trump.” But to her husband, Trump “is a satanic fraud.” In 2016 Jess voted for Trump, and Ray cast a defiant vote for Clinton.

Should either of the Harkers have harkened to the other? If they did, they would have stayed home and produced more Harkers.  The country needs more harkeners and fewer lecturing bozos who turned up to be Trump's trump.

• 2 months later...

Incoming acting White House chief of staff Mick Mulvaney tells @jonkarl that President Trump "now realizes" that he "does not have the ability" to fire Federal Reserve chairman Jerome

Well, the fixation of the DNC and the DP-insiders with Mrs Clinton's presidential pretensions enabled the clown to enter the White House. If they were Japanese or had a modicum of honor, they would had committed seppuku and would have imminently raised the IQ of the party they claimed to love.

Instead they parade on TV programs and inform us that Mr Trump is an uneducated idiot , unable to conceive that he is not omniscient, that his logic is illogical, and that he can be wrong,

I think that the “Trump and the DNP insiders” circus must be chased out politics and out of Washington D.C.

Edited by Bashibozuk
mising comma

• 2 months later...

It has become apparent to all that the bozo in the White House is likely to destroy the country and the GOP.

As a result,

1. Panetta (the son of the well known Panetta) another Democrat, and two Republicans (all four members of the House) penned an article, “Our common mission is to get things done”, that appeared in the Post.

2. Next to Panetta's article, one can read an article by Joe.Scarborough demanding that Obama be allowed to run again!

3. Mitt Rodney came out and stated “I can’t understand why the President would, once again, disparage a man as exemplary as my friend John McCain: heroic, courageous, patriotic, honorable, self-effacing, self-sacrificing, empathetic, and driven by duty to family, country, and God”.

4. My friend Mitt overlooked the more important sin of the bozo. Civilized men do not malign the dead.

5. The only problem that remains is the DNC itself. It exists in order to serve the adolescent fixations of its nomenclature.

Edited by Bashibozuk
Editor mangled text.