Phantis Forums

Nations League: Estonia vs. Greece(A Le Coq Arena, Tallinn)

Alphonse

The fact Skibbe will play tsiolis instead of Lazaros shows how corrupt this is... we played horrible and won which is more ok against a good team and Estonia is horrible. Mantolas should be subed off for lazaros and mitro for donis. 

Edited by jason

Just now, jason said:

The fact Skibbe will play tsiolis instead of Lazarus or do is shows how corrupt this is... we played horrible and won which is more ok against a good team and Estonia is horrible. Mantolas should be signed off for lazaros and mitro for donis although he should play wing. 

Tziolis unironically was the only good player apart from our Centerbacks and Goalie doing the obvious stuff in the last 10 minutes.

He can pause the rhythm and he was mistake prone unlike Bouchalakis. He did no bad pass and saved us fro many difficult situations. Stop putting the hate just coz Tziolis is Tziolis. Very good sub that helped maintain calmness in the lines when everyone was just hoping it would be over soon.

kourbelis is a beast. such great passing and cutting opposition passing lanes too. him and zeca cm combo will be fantastic.

i thought sokratis and manolas looked great as usual saving our asses.

torosidis was great offensively a bit shaky defensively. I think he shoulve' got subbed 60 for bakakis as he was starting to tire.

fortounis was beast but got a bit selfish after mitroglou was off. you can tell he doesn't like passing to pelkas haha

lykogiannis was shaky at first but grew solid as the game went on.

barkas was solid. grabbing so many crosses mid air.

bouchalakis not as bad as I thought.

I didn't like the subs = bakasetas / koulouris / tziolis

should've been = lazaros / bakakis / donis

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

Tziolis unironically was the only good player apart from our Centerbacks and Goalie doing the obvious stuff in the last 10 minutes.

He can pause the rhythm and he was mistake prone unlike Bouchalakis. He did no bad pass and saved us fro many difficult situations. Stop putting the hate just coz Tziolis is Tziolis. Very good sub that helped maintain calmness in the lines when everyone was just hoping it would be over soon.

pretty sure he made a terrible pass and then sokratis saved our asses from it. tziolis also made that nice pass to fortounis tho

• Like it 1

Torosidis needs to retire. He plays lacklustre and his hopeless long balls are remnants of the old guard. 

The sad part is that Toro has been one of the best players of this last generation, and a solid captain. It will be a shame to see him go the way of Gekas and Katsouranis, being scolded by fans and have facebook groups created calling for his retirement. He has 97 caps now. Become a centurian and walk away with your head held high. Torosidis should not be a member of the NT for the beginning of Euro2020 qualifying in 2019. 

1 minute ago, jason said:

Are you kidding me? Its estonia we dont need to pause anything...

Theoritically if we scored on every opportunity we should have (Mitroglou Dokari - Mantalos 4 minute ) we wouldn't need to pause anything. But the match being 90' only 0-1 it wasn't working for us offensively. We needed to pause and thank god we did.

4 minutes ago, Argy said:

Torosidis needs to retire. He plays lacklustre and his hopeless long balls are remnants of the old guard. 

The sad part is that Toro has been one of the best players of this last generation, and a solid captain. It will be a shame to see him go the way of Gekas and Katsouranis, being scolded by fans and have facebook groups created calling for his retirement. He has 97 caps now. Become a centurian and walk away with your head held high. Torosidis should not be a member of the NT for the beginning of Euro2020 qualifying in 2019. 

were u watching the game? he was one of our best players the first 60 minutes.

2 minutes ago, georgelaz said:

were u watching the game? he was one of our best players the first 60 minutes.

I really don't like what he brings to the table anymore. I am tired of seeing his hopeless longballs. I think he leaves a lot to be desired as a leader and captain (Sokratis is much better and is being wasted). I am looking at this as a whole and I fear that he will be an anchor for this team in the coming campaigns. 

• Like it 1

I'll take this result. But my god why do we only win by 1 nearly all the time. Fortounis played great reminds me of a few years ago. Could have scored more. Torosidis I thought was good. Did his best. But is not the same player he used to be. Lykogiannis is a bit slow but did well and grew solid. 

Mantalos and Pelkas did OK on the wing. Kourbelis was very good sigh his passing. Our midfield looked stronger today. Bouchalakis is better than Tziolis for all those that want to compare them 2. The only thing that Tziolis did good was that pass to Fortounis. 

Donis should of came on instead of Bakasetas. 

• Like it 1

So-so performance against relatively weak opposition. Some nice offensive play in the beginning of the first half; Mantalos with a great chance in the 5th minute, good combo and goal from Mitro-Fortounis; although Fortounis was selfish on a few occasions (wide-open Pelkas for an easy tap-in at the end). I thought we were a little shaky defending set-pieces and got a little lucky with some balls ping-ponging in our box; otherwise Estonia never really threatened.

Barkas and the back 4 did ok overall. I thought Kourbelis was fine, Bouchalakis was pretty bad and should have been subbed off sooner (plenty of bad touches and passes that put us in danger), Mantalos did well (even playing out of position), Pelkas was ok as well (also playing out of position). Bakasetas never impresses me when he plays for the NT, Tziolis was ok for the last few mins, can't really comment on Koulouris.

• Like it 1

4 minutes ago, Argy said:

Today was an opportunity stamp our authority and send a message to the rest of the group. The only message we sent is that we are fragile and very beatable. 

I agree we should have scored more and could have. But this was a very positive performance. Precise passing, movement and hustle. I want to see the same again but with more goals. We should play Donis next game. 

24 minutes ago, Soprano76 said:

Why is this team so bad at scoring? It seems like they score less goals than Malta...

It was a 1 nil win but at least they kept attacking and played positive after scoring early and were unlucky not to get another goal. So not the usual 1-0 win we’re accustomed to seeing.

• Like it 1

1 minute ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

He won't. I think he himself knows that he doesn't have more than 1 year with the NT. Less as a starter definately.

I'll take another year, I just don't want to see this drag like it did with Katsouranis. It's time for fresh legs in the RB position and I think the team will benefit if Sokratis wears the armband for a couple of years. 

28 minutes ago, Rockafeller Skank said:

We were better than the 0-1. Estonia only looked decent when we slowed the rhythm. Without Mitroglou going off and Fortounis when he had the after-goal-momentum we d ve found a way to put in more.

Koulouris should have been subbed for Mitro Bakasetas did literally nothing.

Many chances created, no klwtsoskoufi from the NT and hoping Mitroglou gets a header. 

Skibbe did some decent work in offensive mechanisms all this time.

Lykogiannis the kid apla den kanei. Stafylidis is a lot better. He doesnt seem to perform for us at least.

I hope We have Mitroglou with Hungary.

It's the old traditional winning everyone 1-0 Ethniki. Imma take it, even tho we looked way better than we should. See you on Tuesday lads.

Seems like I won't be showing my pictures. ??? 

Next match vs Hungary I will post a picture if we just win.

I agree with all your points. Lykogiannis had a tough game not for lack of effort but he lost possession of the ball at times way to easily. I was more happy with Skibbes selections and tactics today. Your lucky Fortounis didn’t finish that chance or it would have been picture time lol.

• Like it 1

Does everyone agree that Bakasetas is useless? He did nothing when he came on. Fetfatzidis is way more talented and should have been called up instead of him. Limnios and Gianniotas are more talented as well. Even Koulouris who came on for 5 mins looked better. He is becoming Tziolis level and that's bad. We played well and we could have scored more. Bakasetas can't play on the wing, striker and is not good enough to play 10. Why is he there? What does Skibbe see in him apart from a good shot? He has nothing else and is slow. 

• Like it 1

This was a good display. Barkas and the four backs were okay, Fortounis scored a great goal, Kourbelis & Bouchalakis did their bit (was Zeca still injured?), Mitroglou gave a clever and great assist but where was Bakasetas while being on? Did he touch the ball? Now I remember, one time he tried to win a corner but a Finnish defender simply kicked the ball at him and they could come... This is Bakasetas with the NT all over.

Edited by La Mendel

11 minutes ago, Dean97 said:

Does everyone agree that Bakasetas is useless? He did nothing when he came on. Fetfatzidis is way more talented and should have been called up instead of him. Limnios and Gianniotas are more talented as well. Even Koulouris who came on for 5 mins looked better. He is becoming Tziolis level and that's bad. We played well and we could have scored more. Bakasetas can't play on the wing, striker and is not good enough to play 10. Why is he there? What does Skibbe see in him apart from a good shot? He has nothing else and is slow. 

Bakasetas doesn’t perform well for the NT. I would much rather have Koulouris in for him, hopefully Karelis gets back into form and he becomes an option for us.

1 hour ago, Molon Lave said:

English commentator said Bakasetas have 14 caps with no goal. How in the world is he ever going to score if he keeps playing like crap? 

He will never score. And he will play another thirty games for the Ethniki under Skibbe. *evil laugh*

He could but he plays always out of position.

Edited by La Mendel
  • Like it 1
  • Haha 1

Bouchalakis - bad game (don’t see the hype with this guy)

Mantalos - beside 1 chance didn’t do much doesn’t deserve to start over Laz

Bakasetas - never liked him and should not be at CF

Lyko - Struggled

Kourbelis - played well

Fortounis - our best player today  

Against Hungary we need to start Laz and Donis and if Mitro can’t go then I would rather  koulouris over Bakasetas.. If Bakakis is healthy I would rather him over Toro..

Skibbe didn’t have a very bad line up to start but it could have been better.. he also realized he made a mistake by putting Bakasetas at CF.. Lets hope Mitro is healthy for Tuesday as well as Bakakis..

Edited by J1078

• Dutch Eagle pinned, unpinned and locked this topic