Phantis Forums

2018-2019 Champions League

Antaeus7

That was one heart attack of a second half but we did it!!

Apparently Livaja also got a red after the game... frankly that does not surprise me and further backs my point that we need to look and buy a bloody in and out striker!!

It’s a big day for AEK though, 11 years later we are back in the Champions League!!

Squad needs investment 

• Like it 3

75ea2fea207d1a13a5082978992247d4_920_420

AEK will be playing in Group E

Bayern

Benfica

Ajax

AEK

Οι ημερομηνίες των αγώνων

1η αγωνιστική: 18-19 Σεπτεμβρίου

2η αγωνιστική: 2-3 Οκτωβρίου

3η αγωνιστική: 23-24 Οκτωβρίου

4η αγωνιστική: 6-7 Νοεμβρίου

5η αγωνιστική: 27-28 Νοεμβρίου

6η αγωνιστική: 11-12 Δεκεμβρίου

Tough draw but it could have been much worse like the Barcelona group or the one with Liverpool as the pool 3 team. Third place definitely a possibility if they can sign another player or two in the next day. Time to put some of that Champion's League money to use.

• Like it 1

I think it's fair to say that Bayern will finish first and the rest is wide open.  In fairness the only team I have watched is Benfica a bit against PAOK and Fener in the previous round and was not all that impressed, PAOK gave the game away yesterday.  I trust AEK are on the same level as PAOK and although AJAX has tremendous name recognition they are nowhere near as powerful as they used to be.  Good luck in the CL group stage.

Good draw considering what could have been. Need to get a striker as priority one!!!! Hopefully some of the other targets pay off in midfield and wingers. Certainly not out of a Europa spot in this group

• 3 weeks later...

Big game away to Ajax!!! 

Dunno what to expect... no Livaja, Lopez and Bakasetas... truth be told I am not head over heels for Livaja or Bakasetas believe it or not where as I think Lopez's speed will be missed. 

Interesting game, a point would be good