Phantis Forums

PAE PAOK General News

Any idea how CAS works ?  What I mean is, will the issue be resolved quickly and once their decision is made, it's done ?  Reason I ask is, I've never heard of CAS actually overturning anything

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After nearly 40 years, I’m just about done with Greek football. The depths of corruption are just disgusting. 

What I do know is that the govn't is trying to stabilize the economy and streamline reforms while dealing with external threats in the eastern med. Unfortunately, sport and politics seem to go togethe

Documentary about Akpom, pretty good watch:  

Posted Images

1 hour ago, Bananas said:

Any idea how CAS works ?  What I mean is, will the issue be resolved quickly and once their decision is made, it's done ?  Reason I ask is, I've never heard of CAS actually overturning anything

Sun Yang says hi

So they overturned it, but took four months to announce findings? Lulz

Stoch uploaded a post on Instagram basically criticizing Ferreira and how he's been hardly used this season. While I agree that he should have been given more of a chance, I don't think going public with that type of thing is ever the way. It's just going to further divide the team and potentially create problems in the dressing room heading into a crucial game for our season. 

He later tried to back track and say he was emotional and he can offer more to the team (again I don't necessarily disagree) but damage has been done IMO. Interesting to see if he's involved anymore for the rest of the season. 

You can see both of his posts here

• 3 weeks later...

The CAS hearing that took place yesterday lasted 11 hours. Olympiakos asked to be allowed to present additional documentation at the end of the hearing but CAS refused.

I don't see CAS overturning any decisions made in Greece. They will probably just wash their hands of the whole issue by returning the case back to Greek Athletic justice.

CAS has ruled that the athletic court in Greece has to take on the case and that they have to try the case instead of just relying on a government agency. 

For now PAOK gets back the 7 point that were deducted from the standings.Same thing applies to Xanthi. They will get back their 12 points.

Blackhawk, was their 12 points also inclusive of a licensing issue? If that's the case, would it just be the 7?

I’m confused. What to expect and what to hope? Has someone the verdict as a link? Can’t see it yet on the site of CAS.

https://www.tas-cas.org/fileadmin/user_upload/CAS_Media_Release_7019_7035.pdf

Edited by Dutch Eagle
It is now. I added the link in this post as well

It sounds like they're saying the Greek courts need to actually rule on this; since they never did then the points deductions can't be applied.

Interesting that Xanthi has no points returned. But perhaps they figured they could save some money by letting PAOK argue on their side and then take their chances that the entire case would be thrown out? Since presumably the court will still have to rule on both sides now.

Xanthi made the decision not to be part of the CAS proceedings and it appears as a result of this they will not get the points back for now.

Basically CAS said the case needs to be tried in the EPO's court of appeals, which was never done. It also said that the EEA decision which came out with the PAOK/Xanthi relegation is not binding.

PAOK (and Xanthi) can still be punished by EPO, when the case is tried. However it appears this will not be done before this season is over, so PAOK gets to keep it's points. Any punishment/point deductions will most likely be applied from next season.

This also means that the case can also come back to CAS after EPO Court of Appeals rules on the case. I am pretty sure the case will be back in CAS.

Yes, I see nothing written there about the merits of the actual case. Just that they want to see it go through the actual court first...

This outcome is pretty crap.  I just wanted it done and dusted.  After all that basically it goes back to EPO.  And now what’s worse we could get more points deductions next season ?!  What a bourdelo.

A shame we played lethargic last three games. Spoiled 7 points. Could have sealed second place.

Now I don’t know who “to support” in Europe. If we play in CL it is better to have (and “support”) Sivasspor (Turkey) and Desna/Zorya (Ukraine) and avoid Gala/Fener/Besiktas and Dynamo Kiev. If we are doomed to EL I want to have Sivasspor also at EL. Kiev is no issue here as they won the cup last Wednesday and would be in GS and therefore we are seeded as it as at this moment). This al to make seeding in Q4 (or PO as it is officially) certain as we are now just above the drop. 

If a real court tries the case there is no case. That was PAOK's contention all this time. Since CAS said that EEA ruling is not binding, EPO court will have to apply their rules in the case, and as I understand the are no rules in EPO's constitution concerning multiple ownership. If the EPO judges see the case fairly they will have to drop the case. Otherwise it will go back to CAS, where they will apply FIFA rules concerning multiple ownership, and there Olympiakos and EPO will have to show the  non-existent shares that Ivan Savvidis has at Xanthi FC.

On 7/10/2020 at 5:45 PM, Bananas said:

This outcome is pretty crap.  I just wanted it done and dusted.  After all that basically it goes back to EPO.  And now what’s worse we could get more points deductions next season ?!  What a bourdelo.

We have the time to take it back to CAS . For another episode of the bourdelo.

• 2 weeks later...

Can someone explain to me why so many sites are excited about Galinovic? What am I missing??

Giannis Amanatidis the former Frankfurt captain and Ethniki player has been announced as a new assistant coach. He will be in charge of the teams attacking play as he has been the last year and a half with Swiss side St.Gallen.  For what it's worth St.Gallen this season has scored 78 goals, the most in the Swiss league. 

https://www.sport24.gr/football/omades/Paok/paok-sto-texniko-tim-o-amanatidhs.5738364.html

Is this the striker who retired relatively young so that he could start his own fashion line? Or am I thinking of another Germany-based Greek striker from the early 2000s?

He did retire at 30, he was quite injury plagued from memory but his best football was quite good. I know he was involved in a coaching capacity at Iraklis and obviously in the last few seasons in Switzerland. There looks like there was a few years that are unaccounted for between his retirement and his days at Iraklis, so maybe you're right.